Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Then we would have met him. It's a cool idea, but it doesn't fit with what Osbourne said.

But in a way that is easily twisted out of; after all arguably we have not met Robert the Strong only Bob.

It is possibly to make a distinction between reincarnations especially when they is such obvious differences separating them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Then we would have met him. It's a cool idea, but it doesn't fit with what Osbourne said.

But in a way that is easily twisted out of; after all arguably we have not met Robert the Strong only Bob.

It is possibly to make a distinction between reincarnations especially when they is such obvious differences separating them.

I guess, but I still feel like Osbourne would have blatantly lied to us. I'm not counting it out, but I don't think it's very likely.

I asked about V------- in The Scrying Pool and they were like, "Yeah you're a little late" :/

Don't feel sad, Scrying Pool has a load of selfproclaimed "loremasters" who are pricks to anyone who doesn't know obscure details of the lore.

However, I like the theory about the connection between Robert and V-----. Because if we look at the timeline of the Stone of Jas, the most plausible moment the Kethsians obtained the Stone was after the Moon Clan used it (they gave it away to persons who walked a higher astral path, like the Kethsians, who were superb mages). Once the Stone was there, after some time, the Dragonkin attacked and wiped out the Kethsian civilisation. Robert the Strong somehow came to know of the Kethsians and got to their plane (probably through the World Gate, as the Kethsian Mage did who obtained the Stone) and stored some of his items there, to be found by the player, knowing he would be reborn some day later. I see a small link. :)

EDIT: V----- is the one bloke who touched the Stone and became "wiser" in a vision we had when we touched the Stone in WGS.

• Like 1

Please help me, because I don't remember...who is V----- and why might he be the Fremennik Elder God?

He was a Fremennik mage who stumbled upon the Stone of Jas. He then used it to create runes for his people. Then there was a feud over whether or not magic should be used and the Moonclan split off from the Fremenniks.

I asked about V------- in The Scrying Pool and they were like, "Yeah you're a little late" :/

Don't feel sad, Scrying Pool has a load of selfproclaimed "loremasters" who are pricks to anyone who doesn't know obscure details of the lore.

However, I like the theory about the connection between Robert and V-----. Because if we look at the timeline of the Stone of Jas, the most plausible moment the Kethsians obtained the Stone was after the Moon Clan used it (they gave it away to persons who walked a higher astral path, like the Kethsians, who were superb mages). Once the Stone was there, after some time, the Dragonkin attacked and wiped out the Kethsian civilisation. Robert the Strong somehow came to know of the Kethsians and got to their plane (probably through the World Gate, as the Kethsian Mage did who obtained the Stone) and stored some of his items there, to be found by the player, knowing he would be reborn some day later. I see a small link. :)

EDIT: V----- is the one bloke who touched the Stone and became "wiser" in a vision we had when we touched the Stone in WGS.

I really like that idea and I hope it's true

To clarify, his name differs from player to player but always starts with a V, hence V------. See http://runescape.wik...om/wiki/V------

(This was aimed at Kimberly but I realise that's not too clear)

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

I've always find them guys a bit annoying because loads of their 'lore' is actually speculation and theories they declare as fact; then they get all butt hurt if you have an alternate view.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I've always find them guys a bit annoying because loads of their 'lore' is actually speculation and theories they declare as fact; then they get all butt hurt if you have an alternate view.

Yeah I left when it became nothing about the lore and just a lot of daily drama.

Went in a few times with actual future lore to speculate about since then and just got ignored.

Definitely sounds like V----- will be a god, it makes the most sense. Totally forgot about the streams this week, is it Mod Mark tonight?

Apparently an image of PoP v2 crew on runescape.wikia, but not for certain its legit since there is no sourcing yet and the image doesn't seem uniquely different.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Apparently an image of PoP v2 crew on runescape.wikia, but not for certain its legit since there is no sourcing yet and the image doesn't seem uniquely different.

link?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I bet they will cry if Jagex released a plot twist like Zaros being Barrasica Prime. And this whole time we've been high on cabbage. The pillar really was a cabbage rolling. Zammy was a rotten cabbage. That tainted a cabbage leaf of Z/Barrasica leading him only to shed a coat of cabbage away. Cabbage of Jas, Wise Old Cabbage. April Fools we nudged human heads to Og'Log to meet Bob from the tehnoobshow, fairys were just cabbages with wings, Cabbage this, Cabbage that.

Everything they ever studied, ruined by cabbage. Just like the witches potion on the old Black Knights quest.

• Like 5

I don't think you even need to go that far.

Just some simple, perfectly logical thing that contradicts their 'facts' (also know as speculative theories that cannot be called facts) would do the trick to annoy them. After all they make theories, call them facts then make theories based on those 'facts' so any contradict creates a nice tumbling house of cards effect.

Eg V---- is not the god; that'd ruin so many of their 'facts'

Plv6Dz6.jpg

There's a Death of Chivalry campfire Q&A going on. Not too much interesting, so I'm not doing a transcript or anything, but apparently there's a big reveal coming in 10 minutes so supposedly there will be big news to announce.

In the meantime, some of the tastier details (Spoilers for DoC included, so be careful!)

• Linza will feature in a quest in the next year, but won't be the next Signature Hero we see in a quest.
  • The Death of Chivalry will be updated to reflect the outcome of the Battle of Lumbridge in some way
  • Guthix can't be resurrected by the wand--Gods die in different ways than mortals, creating an explosion of life force spreading across the world.
  • Missing, Presumed Death will be released before Christmas.
  • Brassica Prime will be featured in a quest this year.\
  • Centaurs in the Enchanted Valley will be updated to the new standard eventually
  • Apparently the unique thing about Zaros is "not what he is, but where he came from." (This is apparently a HUGE hint.)
  • The next quest will be "soon". Apparently they want a much shorter wait between quests from now on.
  • Zamorak will have his own quest sometime in the future.
  • "Tier 1 of gods is the Elder Gods, Tier 2 is Guthix, Zaros at full power, and Seren at full power. That might surprise some.." Apparently the full tier list will be finished soon, when Osborne gets around to it.
  • Armadyl is the "God of Law and Freedom". (Editor's Note: 'murica.)
  • The Frozen Door in the new area from DoC either leads to the God Wars Dungeon or something "more interesting". We may end up seeing behind it in the future.
  • Missing, Presumed Death will answer the question of if Sliske is a god, and how he got the Staff of Armadyl.
  • There will be a choice in an upcoming quest which leads to a divergent storyline--unlike the "choice means next to nothing" endings of DoC and TWW. Owen needed to be corrupted to continue his character development and questline, so they couldn't make it optional.
  • Saradomin's new look is a permanent graphical upgrade he decided to do to himself.
  • Elder Artifacts change their shape to fit their wielder. "The Crown Archival wouldn't have been much use to the Elder Gods at its current size"
  • There is a Falador graphical rework under development, it's "looking pretty sweet".
  • Apparently Missing, Presumed Death will upset some stereotypes about the gods.
  • Bandos' god form is apparently the biggest 3D Model they have ever made.
  • Saradomin's relation with Zaros, as well as the reason he decided to do his own retconning of history to remove the knowledge of Zaros, will be explored in a Sixth Age quest
  • Here is the Game Update FAQ article for the Death of Chivalry.
  • The next four quests will be about "Cannons, masks, feathers, and crystals". (Presumably, each of these is a different quest)
  • Seren's original race is a secret, but she has never been an elf.
  • The player's World Guardian anti-God powers make you the only person in Gielinor who could NOT become a God.
  • Saradomin and Zamorak are the only gods that have returned so far. Gods returning will not be a hidden thing in the Sixth Age, it will be very obvious to us when they return.
  • Here's a picture of the Wand of Resurrection
  • Here's a picture of the puzzle chamber
  • Here's a picture of Fern
  • There are apparently designs for an Eagle's Peak rework being floated around the graphics team, but there has been no official decision as to work on one or not.
  • Here's a picture of Captain Dulcin's armor
  • Concept art for early designs of Zaros' new appearance have been made, but they don't want to show them off because a lot might change by the time it's finished.
  • Here's a picture of corrupted Sir Owen
  • Saradomin is "more reasonable and tolerant than either side has been led to believe. The ends justify the means. I don't think he would condemn a demon who was committed to his ideals. ".
  • "Saradomin fights to protect the world from outsiders".
  • Brassica Prime was on Gielinor during the Edicts, Guthix simply didn't foresee him as a threat.
  • Saradomin's Power comes from the Crown Archival, apparently.
  • The truth about the Afterlife in Runescape will be made clear "very soon", presumably with the quest Missing, Presumed Death.
  • Mod Stu wants more cosmetic overrides as quest and event rewards in the future.
  • Mod Stu is going to be joining the work on the next World Event as soon as he does bugfixes for The Death of Chivalry. :)
  • Here's a picture of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. (Don't ask me.)
  • Mod Phoenix has left for the night.
  • Persistent choice is going to be a big part of the Sir Owen quest series, even more so than in DoC itself.
  • Mod Stu apparently just had a long chat with Mod Seven, plotting and planning for the future. He is back to answering questions now.
  • Stu is interested in doing a Director's Commentary stream--a playthrough of The Death of Chivalry with the original quest creators and have them talk about it as they go.
  • The lack of damage scaling on basic attacks in the quest is intentional, as they wanted it to be focused around beginner players. Mod Stu does recognize how disappointing this made the combat feel to more experienced players, and will make sure to add it in future non-beginner quests.
  • They will apparently be changing the Skeletons in the quest to have some sort of HP scaling, as one-hitting hordes of smaller enemies apparently wasn't as appealing as Stu expected.
  • Combat scaling tech used in DoC will be used in future quests "where it enriches the experience". (IE: Not all quests from now on.) They still want to tweak and tune it a bit before implementing it in any further quests.
  • Every single choice you made in The Death of Chivalry has been recorded--including what prayer you said over Sir Owen's body. These will factor into future quests
  • Your Emissary choice is not going to lock you into any specific decisions--you will not be penalized for switching as you learn more about different gods.
  • There is an in-lore reason for why the barrier thinks you are "pure of heart" even though you have killed, murdered, and plundered--it is a plot point of the sequel quest.
  • Mod Stu likes the idea of combining the Elf and Gnome storylines into a single one, as it will allow for both to be progressed while using less staff resources. The two are very closely related already
  • Aaand its over!

Will be updating as it goes..

• Like 12

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I like the idea of Zaros being a sort of balancing mechanism of fate that the Elder Gods created that eventually went rogue and decided to interact directly with the world. :P

Apparently there is another Lore Podcast in twenty minutes, so I guess I will have to summarize that as well. All these Jmods making this a very busy day for me :) I'll probably end up putting it in a spoiler at the end of this post, I don't like being spammy.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner