Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

There's a Death of Chivalry campfire Q&A going on. Not too much interesting, so I'm not doing a transcript or anything, but apparently there's a big reveal coming in 10 minutes so supposedly there will be big news to announce.

What was the big reveal?

To be honest I'm not really sure, it wasn't explicitly stated.

I'd imagine it's either the whole "Where Zaros came from is why he's interesting" thing or the "The next quests will be about a) cannons, b) masks, c) feathers and d) crystals" thing.

Either way we really didn't get any super-huge reveals, just hints.

Alright, since this is the start of a new page, I'll use this post to summarize the podcast's reveals.

[spoiler=Click here for Podcast summary as it happens!]

• Zaros likes to control, but he is "empty enough" that he lets people do what they want. He is simultaneous a god for people who want structure and people who want free will.
  • Lots of rambling about the Mods' favorite gods, nothing particularly interesting to note. I'll update this if there's any new lore content.
  • Divine Tears were orignally called "Guthix Juice". :huh:
  • There will not be any gameplay benefits to any specific faction--if they give any Faction-based rewards (Combat abilities, etc) they will only be aesthetically different.
  • Gods aren't exactly the way they have been portrayed--Many gods are drastically different than their followers believe they are.
  • The Godless are going to become a bigger faction--and the player will get involved in some fashion.
  • ..And that's it?..

• Like 3

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

The current podcast is being streamed here and the previous ones are available here. It's sort of hidden away, so I don't blame you for not being able to find it :P

This podcast seems very based on the mods themselves instead of being anything lore or update related. I'll still be updating the post if it drops any interesting tidbits but I wouldn't expect much.

EDIT: Yep, pretty much just random fluff. I updated the previous post with the one or two interesting things they said.

The Fallen Diviner

The next quests will be about a) cannons, b) masks, c) feathers and d) crystals

Sounds like dwarves, ? , armadyl maybe and elves/seren maybe?

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Cannons could go either way, maybe the Dwarven Finale.

Masks seems to be about Sliske, as he is the master of secrets and hides himself in the Shadow Realm, deceiving everyone.

Feathers, well, we have this one god with some beaky followers... :P

Crystals, well, Seren could be this. The elves probably won't because they only started a month or two ago talking about a continuation to the elven story.

An elf quest does not have to be THE elf quest though, there is space for offshoots that just happen to use elves.

Like we could explore more of elf gnome relations or the history of Baxtorian's kingdom and it is pretty much impossible to do Seren without doing elves.

I do hope they get round to publishing the god tier thing soon, I wants to know the middle!

After all as it stands we have

Tier 1 - Elder Gods

Tier 2 - Guthix, Zaros and Seren but all have lowered due to dying in some form or other

Tier 3-5 - Presumably Bandos Saradomin Zamorak Armadyl all reside here.

Tier 3-6 - Presumably all other named full gods are in this range

Tier 6 - Possibly Amascut has achieved this tier

Tier 7 - Het Crondis Scarabas Ampken Icthalrin Bandos Avatar and possinly Amascut still.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm really hoping for a Seren-focused quest, which makes me excited for the "crystals" hint. :) Perhaps we'll see part of her influence outside of Tirannwn, if there is any.

I agree about the Masks quest probably being Missing, Presumed Death. Interested to see how Grim features in it.

In other news, Mod Stu is STILL posting replies to the Campfire Q&A, because apparently he wants to keep Mod Phoenix stuck at Jagex offices for as long as possible. :P I'll be posting any new tidbits on my post on the previous page. (Did that link work? Direct permalinks to posts have been iffy for me lately.)

EDIT: Almost 11 PM England time and Mod Stu is still chugging along. I don't know how he does it.

EDIT: And he finally finished it. Geez, that was ridiculously long--in a good way :) The post has had its final edits.

• Like 1

The Fallen Diviner

EDIT: Almost 11 PM England time and Mod Stu is still chugging along. I don't know how he does it.

Tea. I'm not British and I know this.
  • Like 3

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

You won't have to wait long--apparently they are trying to do the old "quest every month occasionally two months" style again. I'd predict that we have about four left to be released this year (the four that were hinted to in the Q&A, "cannons, masks, feathers, and crystals".)

• Like 1

The Fallen Diviner

You won't have to wait long--apparently they are trying to do the old "quest every month occasionally two months" style again. I'd predict that we have about four left to be released this year (the four that were hinted to in the Q&A, "cannons, masks, feathers, and crystals".)

I might be late to the party but, maybe each of those hints means the god related to said quest, crystal could be Seren, feathers Armadyl, and the other two, no idea, Cannon Bandos maybe?

EDIT: Masks could be Sliske, as his emmisary symbol is a pair of masks, I think

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Cannons is most likely to be the Dwarf quest. They are after all the ones who invented them.

I think that slight teaser was slightly redundant since we know we are getting a dwarf finale (cannon), slisks quest: missing, presumed death (mask), seren quest (crystal) and armadyl quest (feather). Granted the seren and armadyl quests have no information on them except their mentioning in previous podcasts and such.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm curious what Armadyl and Bandos look like

Amadyl is a glorified avianse, but I am still interested in seeing how well they'll make him.

The concept of bandos is seen in the motion comic and he will be huge much like how sara and zam look, but probably with more girth and goblins crawling on him.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Amadyl is a glorified avianse, but I am still interested in seeing how well they'll make him.

The concept of bandos is seen in the motion comic and he will be huge much like how sara and zam look, but probably with more girth and goblins crawling on him.

They said before that Bandos' look is different than the motion comic look for him.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

They said before that Bandos' look is different than the motion comic look for him.

Oh yeah... Hopefully pigface is done for.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Gods are only mortal after all.. and look how much we Fashionscape :?

Do you know how hard it is to color coordinate when you can change the color of your skin too! It practically doubles the problems of finding a fetching frock. It's taking the gods so long to manifest on rs because they are like trying to get teenage girls out the door in the morning. The hair, the makeup, the 20 clothing changes, at minimum 3 shoe/sock changes. It's no minor miracle that Sara and Zammy are here already. Do you think that facial hair teases itself so fetchingly? Ok, so maybe god hair does style itself, but still, that's about the twentieth beard Sara tried, and he stood in front of the miror for an hour trying to find the exact right shade of cyan to go with his robes. And the less said about Zammy quest for wings that seemed imposing without seeming overwhelming, the better. After all, he didn't want anyone to think he was compensating for something with the wings. Gods, such little prima donnas.

edit: and you don't even want to know how many times Bandos has said "does this make me look fat?" What do you think Bandos, really?

• Like 12

Gods are only mortal after all.. and look how much we Fashionscape :?

Do you know how hard it is to color coordinate when you can change the color of your skin too! It practically doubles the problems of finding a fetching frock. It's taking the gods so long to manifest on rs because they are like trying to get teenage girls out the door in the morning. The hair, the makeup, the 20 clothing changes, at minimum 3 shoe/sock changes. It's no minor miracle that Sara and Zammy are here already. Do you think that facial hair teases itself so fetchingly? Ok, so maybe god hair does style itself, but still, that's about the twentieth beard Sara tried, and he stood in front of the miror for an hour trying to find the exact right shade of cyan to go with his robes. And the less said about Zammy quest for wings that seemed imposing without seeming overwhelming, the better. After all, he didn't want anyone to think he was compensating for something with the wings. Gods, such little prima donnas.

edit: and you don't even want to know how many times Bandos has said "does this make me look fat?" What do you think Bandos, really?

Oh god laughing so hard...

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Did they not say a while ago that overall for the year we will have a 'normal' quest load meaning ~10-15 quests, just rs3 and divination had pushed a lot back. Implying that September-December ought to actually be quite quest heavy

Plv6Dz6.jpg