Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

My god, Portable GE would literally be the best update of all time.

I'm calling it: limited to several transactions a day (and by that no more than 3 attempted transactions completed or incomplete)

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm calling it: limited to several transactions a day (and by that no more than 3 attempted transactions completed or incomplete)

Imagine collecting items from the G.E. on the go. I really hope they overlook how OP that would be and add that as a feature.

4e0Vn.png

Imagine collecting items from the G.E. on the go. I really hope they overlook how OP that would be and add that as a feature.

Lmfao oh god I just thought of a wowscape moment! What if it was a tiered divination reward? What I'm saying is something like the repairbots or vendorbots in wow? Only in runescape we would have high cost GE bots that delivered items to the GE. Maybe low grade GE bots would work once and higher grade GE bots would work multiple times.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think its likely to work like the Auction House in other MMOs--able to see pending offers and the status of your offers from anywhere, but only able to actually pick up and deposit items at certain locations. (Banks, towns, or something else like that)

Will definitely be interesting. I wonder if you will be able to send out PoP missions from the portable port interface?

• Like 1

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I think its likely to work like the Auction House in other MMOs--able to see pending offers and the status of your offers from anywhere, but only able to actually pick up and deposit items at certain locations. (Banks, towns, or something else like that)

Will definitely be interesting. I wonder if you will be able to send out PoP missions from the portable port interface?

Oh so maybe something like a kiosk in most towns? Maybe an addition to the bank deposite boxes?

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Thanks for collecting all that Binary! :)

The PvP thing is a project that's currently titled as DarkScape, although I don't know anymore than that at the moment :(

And the new gods? One of them could be an Elder for a certain race in particular, Mah-gnificent if it comes to pass.

I suspect the portable g.e will be like kiosk in each town etc and you'll be able to monitor how your trades are doing at any time, but you'll need to be at the kiosks to get to your items.

Otherwise you could put an offer in for 100k pray pots and 100k rocktails and camp at bandos while the stuff buy and sell the drops at the same time hence reducing your risk of dying and losing your loot.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

But you can already get any G.E. items you've bought from pretty much any town by going to the bank.

• Like 2

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I just want to be able to flip without having to be tethered to the GE. That's all I really want in a Portable GE, honestly. If that means that whatever is bought and sold is deposited to these kiosks to free up GE slots and I physically have to go there or to any bank but I could put in buy/sell offers anywhere, fine. I don't really care. I just want muhflips.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

But you can already get any G.E. items you've bought from pretty much any town by going to the bank.

Yes but i meant at the kiosk you can make offers etc as well...

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Bummer, nothing changes then.

i'm tired of standing at the bank :P

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Thanks for collecting all that Binary! smile.png

The PvP thing is a project that's currently titled as DarkScape, although I don't know anymore than that at the moment sad.png

And the new gods? One of them could be an Elder for a certain race in particular, Mah-gnificent if it comes to pass.

Woop dee doo I hope it's a dangerous minigame but looking at how they handle PVP as of lately... Hahah one can dream right?

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I'd point our 'more gods are coming' bit does not at all guarantee brand new gods we've never seen. Given the current context of the game there are several gods known to be enroute who can be classed as 'coming.' Most notably Armadyl and Bandos need to arrive, Zaros and Seren whilst sort of semi-arrived and tied to quests could also fall in to this category as could Tumeken waking up and much of the as yet unseen Desert Pantheon (Scarabas, Het and Crondis are yet to make actual an appearance). Not mention the plethora of other gods we are aware of already such as Marimbo, Brassica Prime, Fremmenik Gods, Karamajan God and Tuska.

He could simply be referencing that quite soon we will be seeing more of these guys actually make it to Gielinor rather than waiting for big quests or world events like Sara and Zammy did.

The whole 'DarkScape' thing sounds much like the previous pk everywhere worlds possibly drawing on the concept of Scaperune so that the entire worlds are consider an alternate dimension that uses a much more sinister graphics set (eg could easily reskin water to lava and such)

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yes but i meant at the kiosk you can make offers etc as well...

That would be much better. I'd love to see something like that.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'd point our 'more gods are coming' bit does not at all guarantee brand new gods we've never seen. Given the current context of the game there are several gods known to be enroute who can be classed as 'coming.' Most notably Armadyl and Bandos need to arrive, Zaros and Seren whilst sort of semi-arrived and tied to quests could also fall in to this category as could Tumeken waking up and much of the as yet unseen Desert Pantheon (Scarabas, Het and Crondis are yet to make actual an appearance). Not mention the plethora of other gods we are aware of already such as Marimbo, Brassica Prime, Fremmenik Gods, Karamajan God and Tuska.

He could simply be referencing that quite soon we will be seeing more of these guys actually make it to Gielinor rather than waiting for big quests or world events like Sara and Zammy did.

I think the fact that he wasn't sure if he was even allowed to say that is the biggest indicator that it's something more interesting than the inevitable return of all current gods. I agree that we've probably already heard of the Gods he's referring to, though.

Knowing that he likely wouldn't have read Osborne's previous Q&A (and thus the extent as to which he revealed the gods), I think the most probable idea is that he's talking about the Fremmenik Gods and the Karamjan God. They have big quest-centric parts to be played in the upcoming events of the SIxth Age, so it's likely that even an interface designer would have heard about them and their featuring updates in some shape or form.

Of course, we can't rule out the idea that there may be other surprises waiting for us. I think it's likely that we will discover new Elder Gods by the end of the Sixth Age--perhaps even more than just "Dramen" and the Freneskae Elder God.

The Fallen Diviner

^ Does it really count as discovery when we already know "Dramen" and the Freneskae Creator God exist? Misread yer last sentence.

It could easily be an obvious god - the uncertainty in being allowed to tell us could stem from the fact we have not been given any sort of timescale of when to expect any gods to arrive; it would indeed be a reveal to know that more are coming soon.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's so good of them to get their quarterly news letter out only ~1 month later than you'd expect; atleast this time it does give us some hintage to things we did not know already (unlike the first)

1) Daemonheim porttents that allow us to get past doors - if these are relatively easy to make it's gonna be a game changer in terms of speed runs/bonus rooms (eg may be worth grabbin energies on way past to have portents)

2) Daemonheim aura having use inside and outside the place.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

2) Daemonheim aura having use inside and outside the place.

What fun stuff do you think they could come up with that would be nice to have both inside and outside of Daemonheim? Hopefully it's not something as dull as increased resource gathering rates.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Got my Premier Club Newsletter for the month.

[spoiler=Click Here for Spoilers]

vXQHjAV.png

The image is apparently part of the new "Enhanced Gathering" stuff.

I never got these emails :o how?

Could have gone to your spam folder, or you might have turned off promotional emails in your account settings. I'd say check your spam folder, possibly add a spam exception for [email protected], or check your account settings on the website where it has your email stuffs. Make sure you're a Premier Club Member too, but I think that's sort of obvious. :^_^:

It's kind of finicky.

The Fallen Diviner

I'd prefer the GE to just do transfers between the market and your bank, so you could, say, sell things from the bank, or put purchases into it. Money could be instantly transferred though (outside of the wilderness) because possession of money doesn't really have any kind of inherent advantage that doesn't involve trading with players.

that sign sounds like an actually effective ring of life, although it won't actually teleport you, although in a pvp situation half the time that's not a thing that can happen anyway

that item conversion thing is probably going to screw around heavily with the overall market :P

8f14270694.jpg

Divination Lore Podcast!I joined a little late so I'll have to go back and edit it a bit.

Gonna update this post as it happens.

• Something something "Hunting Rod" something something (Later answers seem to imply they were making fun of the idea of Divination using a tool. Divination does not have any tool required)
  • Memories of Guthix gathered from Divination are not actual lore content--they are simply objects harvested.
  • One of the aims of Divination is that players won't compete over resources. It's meant to be more like Bonfires, where any amount of players cant harvest without hurting one another.
  • You gather Memories from wisps, deposit them in Craters for a choice between Energy or Additional XP.
  • It's not meant to be too complicated. Wisps will move, but not as much as Implings--meant to be something you can talk to friends while doing.
  • "When interesting things appear, click on them". Lots of random things happening while training, rewards you for paying attention but not mandatory.
  • Portent of Restoration is "like food, but transformed into a different form". It will heal you using itself over time as you are damaged.
  • Divine Energy is a good thing to stockpile for the second new skill. Other resources are used to a large extent.
  • Tips for training Divination: "Make boons." Boons are permanent enhancements that make you better at gathering the energy.
  • They are dancing around the release date for the second skill. Apparently Mod Mark and Mod Hugh have a discussed release date, but believe that it will likely be even earlier than that.
  • Skill 2 "might work against Divination, lore-wise". Mod Mark and Osborne want to have entire quests based around it.
  • Skill 2 will try to tie several skills together into being storyline-relevant.
  • Wisps will be in Dungeoneering on Complexity 6. Skill doors and craftable items to allow you to progress through levels
  • Divination nodes "won't be as wide-spread as Woodcutting" but will be in specific sort of areas. NPCs will have a map that shows you areas where Wisps are currently spawning, and it will apparently change. You will apparently see much of the world whilst training the skill.
  • No tools required to gather energy.
  • Because of how new the skill is, the NPCs themselves haven't learned much about it yet either and are far from mastering it. Won't have a guild until the future. They aren't revealing how you will get the skillcape.
  • Divination rewards will help Gathering and Combat, but not Production skills. Skill 2 will have Production Skill based rewards.
  • Mining/Smithing rework isn't in development, but is consistently brought up by specific Jmods in meetings. They will have to figure out how worthwhile it would be first, to people who have already trained it especially.
  • Divination is the knowledge of the Anima Mundi--mastering it won't bring you any closer to being a god.
  • "Light-Sculpting" from Guthix's Memories is not the second skill. It is Mod Osborne's fault that people are thinking it's related.
  • The second skill will be drastically different from Divination thematically.

The Fallen Diviner