Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I'm curious what the first sixth age quest might be. I think our only choices are either the black knight fortress rework or missing, presumed death.

Can someone please point to where this quest has come from? Seen it mentioned a few times recently on here and I cannot recall hearing of it before.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

noooooooo I missed it

oh well

Don't worry, it seems like it's going to be a recurring yearly Christmas thing now, considering how well the last one seems to have gone.

It's definitely worth it if you are planning on playing for the entire year :D

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

On the second (?) podcast Osborne talked about the quest, it would feature Sliske, Icthlarin and an elve. Some say the shadow realm is involved. :)

Would much rather have this than some cruddy rework of the Black Knights Fortress quest.

• Like 1

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

I think the rework is intended to be more of an entirely new Sixth Age quest featuring the fight between the White Knights and Black Knights.

Think more Prince Ali Rescue -> Stolen Hearts and the Rune Mysteries rework than, say, the Demon Slayer or Cook's Assistant reworks. A brand-new quest with brand-new rewards and storyline--presumably linked to the White Knights' place in the Sixth Age Godwars.

Perhaps we'll have a reference to Lord Sulla somewhere?

The Fallen Diviner

yep :)

We still know nothing about the other new skill right?

I don't understand how they'll release two full new skills along with overhauls of agility/construction/etc and make it work;

it isn't...

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

The Jagex AMA on Reddit last week mentioned that Divination was planned to be release four weeks from then--which would place it on August 19th. (Right before my birthday! :D The best birthday gift ever)

I'd say around then as long as there isn't any last-minute glitches or anything.

The second skill is an unknown production/utility skill. From what we know so far, the skill is supposed to be related to using the energy of the gods gained through Divination alongside resources from other skills in order to make inventions, similar to Cres, the Cresbots, and the Sixth Age Circuit in their use of technology powered by divine magic. If I had to put money on it, I'd say its likely to be called Artificing.

Construction Rework is apparently supposed to be done by the end of the year according to the AMA, but in that specific instance it was said so nonchalantly that I think he meant the graphical upgrade and not the full skill rework. Who knows.

Agility rework isn't likely to be out this year, but I wouldn't be surprised to if it is :P

The Fallen Diviner

Hope for the best, expect the worst. Reworks to JaGEx seem to mean a semi-unique minigame-like training area with rewards which may or may not be related at all, a la Artisan's...

At least Construction has the potential to be a full-on change to the structuring of POH's themselves. I'm hoping somewhere between what we have now and Sims 3.

2dgucz6.png

yep :)

We still know nothing about the other new skill right?

I don't understand how they'll release two full new skills along with overhauls of agility/construction/etc and make it work;

it isn't...

Because they aren't doing all that much stuff yet.

The two new skills have been in production for at least a year and the neither, the gathering skill especially, is going to be as hard to make as things like farm dg or summ that are entirely new concepts. Gathering even with a few polished edges is essentially: Resource node with appropriate graphics > resource. Skill done.

Artisan is essentially resources + proper tool/location > product job done.

Equally Construction rework is the ONLY one slated for this year. We know they *want* to do agility, summoning, mining and smithing reworks but none of them are confirmed as in production (though they easily could be especially with a skill team like the div team being freed up soon)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The second skill would be either Riding or Enchantment if not Necromancer...

possible in new Runescape Engine/RSE3

-------

Riding Skill - Lv.99 unlocks riding Blackdragon, Lv.120 unlocks riding King Black Dragon.

Enchantment Skill - Lv.99 unlocks Fire and Ice enchantment to your weapon or % resist to your armor.

Necromancer Skill - Lv.99 summons 5 skeletons,mummies or even ghosts, Lv.120 unlocks summoning Skeletal Dragon.

that would be awesome :P

Believe in new Runescape Engine :D

• Like 1

still fairly sure that it involves using the stuff collected from divination since there has not been any elaboration at all as to how it will be used

also fairly sure it has something to do with the pocket slot since it's being used more now

8f14270694.jpg

edit: Oops, there was another page. :wall:

About Sulla making an appearance:

[hide=Betrayal at Falador Series spoiler]Sulla dies in the most recent book, so I doubt he'll make an appearance, bar being mentioned, which is pretty sad, however these are gods... ;)[/hide]

On the membership thing, I'm still paying £3.50/month, so Gold wasn't worth it for me (by much) \:D/

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Does someone have a source on the claim that Divination is due out in August? All I remember hearing is "some time this summer" which, according to the astronomical seasons, only ends on September 21.

The news post on the main rs webpage announcing RS3 launch date clearly stated Divination would be following "around a month later" eg in August.

Add to that all the QAs where they said it'd be 'shortly after rs3'

This weeks BTS video on friday being about divination.

The next 'Above the Lore' podcast due in a week 1/2 being 'A-Z of Divination'

It's pretty solidly confirmation it'll be August.

Personally I suspect it may be early august: 2 weeks of Div BTS videos then launch just in time for the 'A-Z of div' podcast to be a spoiler filled post-launch thing.

The second skill would be either Riding or Enchantment if not Necromancer...

possible in new Runescape Engine/RSE3

-------

Riding Skill - Lv.99 unlocks riding Blackdragon, Lv.120 unlocks riding King Black Dragon.

Enchantment Skill - Lv.99 unlocks Fire and Ice enchantment to your weapon or % resist to your armor.

Necromancer Skill - Lv.99 summons 5 skeletons,mummies or even ghosts, Lv.120 unlocks summoning Skeletal Dragon.

that would be awesome :P

Believe in new Runescape Engine :D

All of those would be cool but it won't be any of them.

It has been confirmed to be artisan eg making produce this immediately rules out 'riding' as it'd be a tertiary skill like agility. Plus they have said a million times over it's not worth doing the world is far too small.

Enchantment overlaps far too much with magic.

Talking to high level summon familiar reveals they are basically dead spirits we summon back ergo summoning is necromancy by another name. Even without that there's insane overlap of necromancy ideas and what summoning does and what magic does.

Plus we know the 2nd skill ties in to the lore of the 6th age and progress of the world which doesn't really fit in with any of those concepts.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue