Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Hoping at least one of the signature heroes dies in a tragic accident when the portal opens.

At least one..

• Like 5

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

So I'm gonna miss it then. :sad:

Yeah, me too. 23 hours from now is 10am here, so I'll be at work.

Although, *cough, cough*, I think I'm starting to feel sick... :P

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Hoping at least one of the signature heroes dies in a tragic accident when the portal opens.

At least one..

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: Please for the love of everything holy, in the name of every God imaginable in RS and otherwise, please... Jagex just please for once, listen to the players and do this.

Especially Linza, that self-righteous smithing [bleep].

Thurgo will always be the master... Forever <3:

• Like 1

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Based on every single count down banner we've ever had before:

It'll be 2-4 hours after it hits 0 before anything happens and that happening will be '1 hour to next update.'

Then a few more hours of server failures and general panic.

The only possibly saving grace this time is they have left plenty of padding in there, previous timers always ran out like midnight of the day or early morning, this one does actually end at 3pm which is the earlier end of usual update time these days.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nope my banner is just glitched. Wierd...

Once the page is loaded, it goes by your PC time. Set your day ahead and you can see the little, "A New Age Dawns," that they have planned for when the timer reaches 0.

new-age-dawns.png

It's still glitchy as hell when it reaches 0 - hopefully they'll fix that, because it shows up like:

3IdDC.png

09144a99bb.png

At least one..

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: Please for the love of everything holy, in the name of every God imaginable in RS and otherwise, please... Jagex just please for once, listen to the players and do this.

Especially Linza, that self-righteous smithing [bleep].

Thurgo will always be the master... Forever <3:

Swear I must be the only one that likes the sig heroes. The rune mysteries rework was 2 of my top 10 quests and prince ali rescue reworks were great too.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Nope my banner is just glitched. Wierd...

Once the page is loaded, it goes by your PC time. Set your day ahead and you can see the little, "A New Age Dawns," that they have planned for when the timer reaches 0.

new-age-dawns.png

It's still glitchy as hell when it reaches 0 - hopefully they'll fix that, because it shows up like:

They will release the new website as it reaches zero so it does not really matter.

Are they set to release it at 8pm EST or something? Because I thought it'd be released at noon BST like always.

10 AM EST, 3PM BST.

Are they set to release it at 8pm EST or something? Because I thought it'd be released at noon BST like always.

10 AM EST, 3PM BST.

Also since when have the 'always' released at noon BST?

Nearly all updates for the past two or three years have been coming out 2pm-4pm ballpark BST or GMT depending on time of year.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

10 AM EST, 3PM BST.

Also since when have the 'always' released at noon BST?

Nearly all updates for the past two or three years have been coming out 2pm-4pm ballpark BST or GMT depending on time of year.

For a long time in the not-so-far-off past, releases hovered around the noon mark, so

if that isn't all that accurate.

Thanks Kaur for the correction.

• Like 3

hzvjpwS.gif

I too remember the Noon BST releases :P Whenever it would go past noon everyone would know it was delayed a day. This was before the Jmods really updated us on update delays/times as much as they do now.

Until one of the skill updates (Construction? Summoning? Not sure which) that ended up happening around about 2 BST and people were confused.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I just remembered someone who hasn't been mentioned in a while and was wondering if anyone had any notion about it:

Nomad.

Whatever happened to him after he got up and peaced out after our battle with him? Would be cool to see him fighting again, as he is one of the coolest characters there is ^_^

• Like 2
ArchangelSignature.jpg

RS3 is k so far

I don't understand what the benefit of those boots/gloves though...? (I don't know if they're aesthetic or what?)

Basically, they are part of a new Hybrid armor set (No weakness, but slightly weaker than other armor of the same level) that scales to your level (Automatically changing to be Level 25, Level 50, or Level 75 depending on your defense level).

It has a set bonus with a chance (3% chance with 3 pieces worn and 6% chance with all pieces worn) to reduce damage taken to 10% of the original amount.

In other news:

Jagex now as an Official Runescape Twitch.TV Channel. According to the frontpage article, they will be using it to tease new updates and show beta testing of future content in the coming weeks. Right now it's just Mod Dean playing Barrows with the community, but apparently tonight at 10:00 PM BST there will be a talk with Mod Phoenix about phoenixes? Unsure if they mean new Phoenix content or just a silly discussion about the birds themselves :P

The Fallen Diviner

We got a nice walkthrough of the rotten potato from Mod Dean, and also some of the Jmod Dev Console commands. :thumbup:

I have a feeling that jmod accounts import stats/items from their mains, but obviously can't transfer back. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Mod Pips is currently doing an AMAA (Ask Me Almost Anything) on Reddit about Runescape 3. I am currently doing a summary list over here. I'll be posting any interesting news in this post too.

• Jagex has no plans to increase or decrease the scope of the SoF or Solomon's Store.
  • Next big Sixth Age quest is three weeks away--and there will be "lots more" quests before the end of the year.
  • The have two to three years worth of World Event and Sixth Age lore content "penciled in", but so much of it depends on the outcome of World Events that they don't have it set in stone yet.
  • There is ongoing debate between the Eastern Lands and Prifddinas right now. I imagine this means which one will be developed first, as they both have enormous graphics/programming budgets
  • "Remember, we've got a Construction Rework coming later this year"
  • Battle of Lumbridge was intended to be a more focused battle than the usual world event, so a 1v1 made sense. Other gods will have their time in the spotlight.
  • God Emissary choice will play a part in a lot of future content, just not the Battle of Lumbridge for right now.
  • Tablet version of Runescape is under development
  • Summoning rework is not likely to be this year--more likely next year.
  • They are considering increasing the scale of the game world, but it is very unlikely because it would require a massive amount of work that would be better put towards new content.
  • There will be a RSOF post about NIS issues coming shortly today. There will be a system update every day or two this week, and every two or three days next week in order to get all of the bugs worked out.
  • Mod Pips regrets that fact that the RS3 delay caused the early Summer to have so few updates--it was not intended.
  • All of the World Events will be "very different in theme, scale and function."
  • When asked if there would be a Runescape mobile game (not the mobile version of RS) or other external game set in the Runescape universe (a la Armies of Gielinor), Pips replied a quite interesting "Maybe ;)"
  • "Yup, we already announced Divination was 4 weeks after RS3 release." "Mid/late August"
  • The Battle of Lumbridge will evolve over the weeks to come, with new gameplay and rewards.
  • They are planning more "Player submitted changes" updates this year--however "The risk is that some player don't see these as "proper" release weeks. We'll see how it goes."
  • "Lumbridge and its surrounds will never be the same again!"
  • The balance team are happy with where the EoC is right now. There will, of course, be tweaks and expansions in the future.
  • There is no plan for an option to return to the old interface--instead they are focusing on improving the NIS to fit the needs of people that prefer the old system.
  • They will be overhauling the Quest Log, Bank, and GE interfaces to fit the NIS in the coming months.
  • Most gods will have some sort of presence in the Sixth Age content by the end of the year.
  • Second Gold Membership email "should be coming really soon". Apparently before the start of August.

• Like 4

The Fallen Diviner

• There will be a RSOF post about NIS issues coming shortly today. There will be a system update every day or two this week, and every two or three days next week in order to get all of the bugs worked out.

Good. Now if it lasts more than two weeks I can whine more about my wasted membership!!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum