Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

That's awesome that they're tying in the novels directly with the game, with Kara-Meir! Except she's supposed to have an adamant long sword...

She was also in the emissary books, in the godless section

Erm... How on earth does the interface affect combat... In any single way... At all...

Layout functionality is important in combat. I understand that it might be difficult to realize that if you momentum everything all the time, though...<3

Ezkaton #1 bad maxer

• Like 4

hzvjpwS.gif

If you already hotkey everything there isn't a whole lot the new interface will help with... but it has the possibility to make certain things easier at least given the new inventory only slots can potentially add 2 more things to your action bar..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I think he might have been thinking of how people might be more conscious of the buff display, resizeable minimap and the ability to keep a powers window up! I am an avid vorago pvmer and the action bar only lets me adequately put up my basics, defensives and other necessities. I frequently open the powers window to use thresholds or guthix's blessing during p1 to heal up a bit.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They have gotten too right on the world event and divination teasers. Not even in those pictures can anything be gleaned... Except maybe it being saradomin and Zamorak being the first contenders in this event? Other than that, zilch!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I miss stupidly vague teasers, we've been told in advance here.

Strange Power V2 would be nice. that caused a ton more speculation than this. :(

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I don't think the pictures are really meant to show any teasers for the world event (The previous Lumbridge one already did that) or reveal any new details--and instead just show areas that look particularly amazing with HTML5. Considering how many updates are happening at once on the 22nd, I guess they are putting out teasers for each of them.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I don't think the pictures are really meant to show any teasers for the world event (The previous Lumbridge one already did that) or reveal any new details--and instead just show areas that look particularly amazing with HTML5. Considering how many updates are happening at once on the 22nd, I guess they are putting out teasers for each of them.

I thought HTML5 was not coming out on the 22nd. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

That must be really disappointing for Jagex, having oversold themselves and not being able to use all the shiny new graphics in the shiny (once off presumably?) event.

LgEZt.png

Most of these teasers are just kinda meh.

It's like you have a bigger draw distance woo-dee-doo we've seen this already it's old news already. Not to mention the 2nd picture kinda shows up the derpy flaws of the system (that the slayer tower has blue skies and bright lighting when viewed from beyond the borders of morytania but instantly becomes a dark and forboding greeny area when viewed from within morytania.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What quests are worth doing before the 22nd? I can't think of any quests that have anything to do with Lumbridge. (More advanced quests)

Well you should've completed The World Wakes with the required quest to fully complete it, aka getting the 6th Age Circuit!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Makes me realize that the Slayer tower isn't really a tower anymore.

More like... Slayer castle.

To be fair, it's never really been a tower :P Unless three stories is what counts as a tower. The only reason it ever looked like one is because our screens weren't big enough to see the top of it for quite some time.

I thought HTML5 was not coming out on the 22nd. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

That must be really disappointing for Jagex, having oversold themselves and not being able to use all the shiny new graphics in the shiny (once off presumably?) event.

The HTML5 client will still be available as an option on the 22nd, it will just have a "BETA" tag stuck on it. It will still be able to be used with the live game (as it is now), but it won't be the default and recommended option because of how only about 40% of players can run it with a usable framerate at the moment.

Jagex was hoping to have the HTML5 client in a polished enough state that they could afford to have the Java Client option as a tiny little button hidden somewhere at the side of the page where new players won't see it--now it's going to be the opposite for launch day.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Makes me realize that the Slayer tower isn't really a tower anymore.

More like... Slayer castle.

Tbf if you follow the lore there's several more floors which are sunken because it started sinking in the swampy grounds of morytanina as soon as it was built, you can even see atleast 1 of these floors below the ground level graphically

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

On the Portuguese forums there's a massive thread containing a Q&A that Mod Mark did. Problem is it's all in Portuguese, but there are some interesting looking things there.

QFC is 0-1-998-48218.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Someone on the hlf translated

1. Are you planning any update for Dungeoneering?

Yes, we are planning further updates to Dungeoneering. It's my favorite skill. We are planning to add more dual welding weapons. I would also add more sagas and the 61st floor.

2. What about Stealing Creation? Will it be updated too?

Many of our minigames are outdated. We want to update many of them, including Stealing Creation.

3. The maximum level of divination is going to be 120?

No, the maximum will be 99.

4. What about Crucible? The Crucible is already a dead content!

The Crucible did not work as I planned. I want to learn more about PvP on EoC before we rework it.

5. Are you planning to add new drops for GWD hard mode bosses?

We are working on various equipment level 90. Some of them will be dropped, and can include hard mode of GWD.

6. What about the PvP community? Will there be any new feature to enhance the experience in the Wilderness?

This is a priority for me now.

7. Are there plans to update the Hexhunter bow?

There are no plans to update the Hexhunter bow at the moment but that could change.

8. Are you planning to rework other skills besides construction?

Yes, we are working on the agility rework as well.

9. Are you going to relaunch the RuneScape 2011, the golden years of the RS?

Definitely not.

10. What is going to change in the Prayer skill?

We are not working on any updates for Prayer at the moment.

11. What will be the colors of the Divination skillcape?

We are planning a competition to choose the colours of the divination skilcape.

12. The skill following Divination will also have a maximum level of 99?

#1 YAY.

#5 VERY interesting...

#7 and 9 are very disappointing :(

#11 is worrying as we're now apparently 3 weeks away from the release of Divination... Or thereabouts... Surely they'd already have the idea in place for what they wanted the cape to be like... They're not giving themselves much time. Then again, it's ~2 months late as it will be since they promised at the start of the year it would be out in the first half of 2013.

But anyways, with regards to Slayer "tower" you learn it's actually a proper castle from the Ghostly Robes miniquest.

What intrigues me, is that it's a Zarosian location - as emphasised by the symbol over the door elsewhere in there... Whilst it's in an area that I think is currently Zamorakian in support and nature... Annnnnd, the southwest tower is being blown to pieces by a purple looking energy. Will this be an effect of the Battle of Lumbridge where Zaros is gaining power and is starting to break through sporadically into the world? Or is Zaros showing his power is growing by destroying areas where the "False God" has influence as revenge? *Thinks back to statue of Zamorak cracking too at the end of a quest...*.

Or did I miss something and we already know of what the fate of the tower/castle is?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

The portal at the tower is where the Abby demons have breached the area isn't it?

So it could be a Zamorakian explosion from the Abyss then maybe? :o

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

So I guess these teaser pictures show that the portal we saw at Lumby might not be related to the Battle of Lumbridge? Since they're popping up elsewhere? Or they're cutscenes for after the quest possibly showing we couldn't halt whatever invasion this is?

I don't know why people say there isn't a lot to speculate on. There still are some unanswered questionshere, and we have no idea if we'll get those answers in the next few weeks. Seeing the portal in the Slayer Tower changes some pretty important things...

hzvjpwS.gif

So I guess these teaser pictures show that the portal we saw at Lumby might not be related to the Battle of Lumbridge? Since they're popping up elsewhere? Or they're cutscenes for after the quest possibly showing we couldn't halt whatever invasion this is?

I don't know why people say there isn't a lot to speculate on. There still are some unanswered questionshere, and we have no idea if we'll get those answers in the next few weeks. Seeing the portal in the Slayer Tower changes some pretty important things...

It's been there since the slayer tower update. It's where the demons came from.