Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

NIS?

It's the new interface system. Allows you to rearrange your menus to a higher degree than before so people can make their own "set ups" for maximum efficiency/pleasure/overdrive/diseasecuring/etc

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

Some people are saying even NIS isn't ready. I have a hard time believing that one.

It's true.

Agreed. NIS has issues, and features which aren't released to beta yet. If we haven't even had the beta why would they RELEASE it?

We haven't seen NIS + HTML5 yet..

They still haven't responded to a lot of interface requests and changes which are important.

The layout of settings and other features is incredibly obtuse and complicated. There are at least 3 different editing modes not to mention the regular drag/drop settings. Why are these all different?

They still haven't added all timer effects, it only shows combat based ones, and doesn't even show the timers for it..

They haven't cleaned up a lot of things for interface which are just unclean and difficult to navigate..

They haven't addressed multiple chat boxes being open and where the chat goes too.. If you put clan chat in a second window and regular chat in one.. when it focuses you to the regular window, typing //text doesn't put text into the clan chat... It's horrid.

Basically.. the ideas are sound but the practice results in a lot of rough edges that need to be sanded over.

• Like 4

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

They are releasing the HTML5 client (not the downloadable client) and the NIS system both at the same time. My concern isn't for the NIS because I feel you can't fudge that up for yourself unless you get too seriously into modifying things.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

pretty sure that you can just stick it on one of the default settings that is set up like the old one anyway

main thing gone is the exp counter which they're working on putting back in because people apparently missed it

8f14270694.jpg

pretty sure that you can just stick it on one of the default settings that is set up like the old one anyway

main thing gone is the exp counter which they're working on putting back in because people apparently missed it

You can't minimise inventory/equipment etc tabs by simply clicking on them, and you can't stack two rows of tabs on each other :sad:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Kind of random, but the new God Descriptions from Jagex's social media God-a-Thon seems to be revealing some new tidbits of information about the gods and their past/future intentions that are interesting.

Notably, the idea that Bandos is potentially much less barbaric than we thought he is, and simply puts on that as a disguise to help further his cause.

Also, apparently Zamorak actually locked himself in the portal at the bottom of Daemonheim, and wasn't simply forced out of the plane and found a new way in. I'm guessing only a God's power can attune the Rift to Frenskae in such a direct way. (Or did Zamorak himself create fhe Rift?) I guess this makes the Well of Voyage efforts and similar past plans by his followers a sort of wild goose chase caused by how quickly he had to leave our plane. :P

• Like 1

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Kind of random, but the new God Descriptions from Jagex's social media God-a-Thon seems to be revealing some new tidbits of information about the gods and their past/future intentions that are interesting.

Notably, the idea that Bandos is potentially much less barbaric than we thought he is, and simply puts on that as a disguise to help further his cause.

Also, apparently Zamorak actually locked himself in the portal at the bottom of Daemonheim, and wasn't simply forced out of the plane and found a new way in. I'm guessing only a God's power can attune the Rift to Frenskae in such a direct way. (Or did Zamorak himself create fhe Rift?) I guess this makes the Well of Voyage efforts and similar past plans by his followers a sort of wild goose chase caused by how quickly he had to leave our plane. :P

Tell me whichever god Mod Moltare is following and that's the one I'll pick.

The more we learn about how 'effective' the edicts were the more I doubt Guthix.

His edicts that 'banished' gods from the world:

Zaros already left to save his spirit and managed to directly commune prior to guthix's demise.

Zamorak wandered down to Daemonheim and secluded himself just outside the world - seems like he had time to do this rather than an immediate booting out.

Armadyl had already left at the sorrow of his aviansies being dead.

Seren chose to explode herself instead of leave

Tumeken went to sleep rather than leaving.

Demi-gods and 'Factions of gods' were never blocked at all.

So basically he kicked out Sara and Bandos and that's about it. Everyone else left on their own or just stayed put.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Maybe the Edicts are more the part that prevents them from returning, rather than banishing. Or it could be that the Edicts are an alarm system hooked up to Guthix - do not enter unless you want to face Sleepy Angry Butterfly Dude (who has more ancient artefacts than you ever had).

• Like 3

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It was only by chance that Zaros fell onto Zamorak and thus the Staff of Armadyl cut through both of them.

That makes it sound like Zaros tripped on a rock while laughing maniacally and stabbed himself... #-o

ArchangelSignature.jpg

It was only by chance that Zaros fell onto Zamorak and thus the Staff of Armadyl cut through both of them.

That makes it sound like Zaros tripped on a rock while laughing maniacally and stabbed himself... #-o

That is pretty much what the story of his demise has been all along

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sometime on the 11th the black portal in the lumbridge forest grew larger. Also a Druid, black knight and monk came up as different on-lookers to the event. I think the portal color has some correlation to who is coming, but who is pretty vague. Gods such as bandos, Zamorak and even Zaros could carry the color black.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So basically we're going to decide which God will be next to return through the portal.

Saradomin's already back, Zaros isn't represented by an NPC so I doubt he's an option, so it'll either be Bandos or Zamorak.

Sylpheed.png