Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

It sounds interesting that his mechanics change week to week, you can jump on him among other things and he scales his power for larger teams.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Still no word on divination... 0/10 would not bang.

More seriously, vorago looks cool, will be nice to hopefully see people not glitching him like they do Ice Prisons of Nex for solo's :rolleyes: :rolleyes: But then again, this is Jagex... Where would an update of this scale be without the usual bugs and glitches?

Quest will be nice. Just hope it's not a novice one...

Still... 2 days til real BTS. Divination news... Please... :pray: :pray:

Don't think Divination will be out until after RS3's launch. I've heard RS3 comes out 22nd July so Divination should be August/September!

epic. So i'm guessing to survive the 50k hit youll have no choice but to bring a shield for this fight for barricade?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Maybe the 50k hit is distributed among the players entering? Unblockable, so you'd need a minimum amount of people

Most probably. Finally a way to stop soloing :P

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Inb4 they didn't take the Immortality ability into account and people can get in to solo.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

...Killing you instantly if your group isn't big enough is a pretty lazy way to ensure that people use groups.

Why design and use a hard solution when you can make an easy one :D?

• Like 2

lGxorje.png

I think Runescape players have made it pretty obvious so far that even if a boss is designed/balanced to be fought by ten people at once, someone will solo it in Bronze by the end of the release day. :P

I'm not sure if there's a way to cause players to group without specifically forcing it in this game. If there is, it hasn't been discovered yet.

• Like 2

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I think Runescape players have made it pretty obvious so far that even if a boss is designed/balanced to be fought by ten people at once, someone will solo it in Bronze by the end of the release day. :P

I'm not sure if there's a way to cause players to group without specifically forcing it in this game. If there is, it hasn't been discovered yet.

If they make it you have to spread out a 50k hit none will solo it the first day...Perhaps the second though. Through some bug.

lGxorje.png

The only reason bosses thus far have had solo means found is because quite simply they have enough weaknesses and enough ways to avoid/counter things to make it plausible.

Though (if I'm not mistaken) KK is duo at best since they patched it, after letting Woox get his endorsed fame of soloing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some obscure glitch that lets Woox solo this guy, with jmods praising him for it before immediately closing the loophole.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think it's plausible that it's 50k damage spread across the team, which would require at least 5 people to fight Vorago (4, if the max lp goes up by another 200 lp). It'd be pretty lame though, imo. Just make a straight 3+ player requirement for the teaming system. Equally lame, but fairer about it.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I think it's gotta be that or that there is some kind of skilling stuff to setup around the cave (either one time only or everytime) that weakens him and if not setup you get the 50k hit.

Would also be a plausible way to enforce teams if it was every time and say there was 5 things to be done that had ~10-20 travel time between them but all 5 had to be done within ~30 seconds

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Inb4 they didn't take the Immortality ability into account and people can get in to solo.

See if immortality required 95 defence and a hard quest or something, it would be reasonable they allow it to bypass that entry requirement.

LgEZt.png

If they make it you have to spread out a 50k hit none will solo it the first day...Perhaps the second though. Through some bug.

That's forcing it.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I think everyone will accept it as a solo if they get in with a team and let 1 guy do the boss.

Player 5: omg [bleep] AOE atks man!

*player 5 teles out*

Player 3: well now it doesn't count for solo.

Woox: FFS that's it player 5 your off my team!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

^I'm sure you are trying to be funny/make a point but I can't for the life of me follow it.

Why exactly would it 'not count for solo' because player 5 teled? Especially given the scenario that team gets you past the 50k then teles being 'solo' that bruno suggested. You'd WANT player 2-5 to tele and leave Woox alone to get the 'solo'

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I think it's plausible that it's 50k damage spread across the team, which would require at least 5 people to fight Vorago (4, if the max lp goes up by another 200 lp). It'd be pretty lame though, imo. Just make a straight 3+ player requirement for the teaming system. Equally lame, but fairer about it.

Even 5 is too risky considering you have to be lucky to not get 1 hitted than after that massive damage. Such a requirement would mean a team has to consist more likely of 7-10 people.

• Like 1
First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

^I'm sure you are trying to be funny/make a point but I can't for the life of me follow it.

Why exactly would it 'not count for solo' because player 5 teled? Especially given the scenario that team gets you past the 50k then teles being 'solo' that bruno suggested. You'd WANT player 2-5 to tele and leave Woox alone to get the 'solo'

Well I was telling the joke in the context that voragos AOE would be less manageable without the fifth - basically its just a joke about overachievers. Sigh...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Challenge accepted.

The monster has 6 glowy spots, each weak to a different kind of combat (two of which are normal and ancient spells, respectively, while the others others are 2H and DW in the other styles). The monster goes invincible while he charges his 'ruin your day' attack unless they're all destroyed in a reasonable amount of time, all while a guy with a shield provokes the minions that heal them and stun any attackers. So, 6-7 players players filling 6-7 roles, or at least what passes for roles in this game.

Does that count as forcing?

The monster has 6 glowy spots, each weak to a different kind of combat (two of which are normal and ancient spells, respectively. The monster goes invincible while he charges his 'ruin your day' attack unless they're all destroyed in a reasonable amount of time, all while a guy with a shield provokes the minions that heal them and stun any attackers.

Does that count as forcing?

Yes it does. It's an arbitrary forced requirement of multiple players. (Working under the assumption here that his 'ruin your day' attack is an unpreventable guaranteed death once charged..)

LgEZt.png

I was looking at it more as a 'massive damage + buffs + healing' sort of thing. It just seems like that sort of thing is a better way to force teamwork than "we'll just make it so that you get instakilled if you don't bring enough people, solely to force you to bring more people."

Have to admit ALG, for a few moments I was thinking of Lambent Berserker's from Gears of War 3. Generally needs people to be intelligent enough to flamethrower it until it opens it's ribcage, then to shoot at the glowy spot it presents. The health they have in online hoard (let alone solo) means people need to band together, and the KO potential is massive so people rely on each other for revives etc.

Is forcing group work really that big of a deal to people? Or is it bosses should always have solo capability and be instanced?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Even 5 is too risky considering you have to be lucky to not get 1 hitted than after that massive damage. Such a requirement would mean a team has to consist more likely of 7-10 people.

Err... no? With 5 people, you have 2k+ health left? Besides you can enter with Resonance, Barricade, Reflect or Immortality effective.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted