Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

The thing about the 'forcing' teams thing:

No matter what they do if it require a team to defeat it, it has been forced, so I don't see the issue.

I mean of something like WoW or w/e the insane hits that mean you need a team with support units to keep you going is 'forced' by sheer brute strength.

Conversely soloing bosses Jagex intended to be team affairs are equally forced by utilising the sheer power we have to us to overcome the damage etc.

I don't really see that it matters, be it the player doing something or Jagex doing something by mechanic tricks it is being forced to work.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The thing about the 'forcing' teams thing:

No matter what they do if it require a team to defeat it, it has been forced, so I don't see the issue.

I mean of something like WoW or w/e the insane hits that mean you need a team with support units to keep you going is 'forced' by sheer brute strength.

Conversely soloing bosses Jagex intended to be team affairs are equally forced by utilising the sheer power we have to us to overcome the damage etc.

I don't really see that it matters, be it the player doing something or Jagex doing something by mechanic tricks it is being forced to work.

Jagex forcing you to team it removes options. Allowing you to solo when you've made enough progress creates options. It's the difference between a boss that sounds good in the newspost, and one that actually rewards gameplay.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I'm not talking about arbitary "you can only come in with x number of people" things that literally force you.

I am simply saying I don't see some peoples gripe with it being 'forced' as long as it is just a genuine battle mechanic that happens to make it impossible to do.

The way KQ or KBD at one time was impossible to do solo due to limitations of our powers.

If it's just part of the battle then it's only forced by the limits of our abilities thus far and what's wrong with that? Should every single boss be soloable at the gear we have at the time it comes out? Would that not be some what boring? Is it not MORE interesting when they spend some time as a beast that is quite challenging and only through the years of progress with new gear and food and skills and such like become rather easy? Even if said difficulty is 'forced' simply because the boss has battle mechanics that make it impossible to overcome.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You could make a boss fight actually... fun

So people dont' care how they do it: cause battlign itself is fun already.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Is it not MORE interesting when they spend some time as a beast that is quite challenging and only through the years of progress with new gear and food and skills and such like become rather easy?

Yes, that is what I want. I want another Corporeal beast where everyone is amazed by how tough it is to kill. I want another Nex where people will say "wow no one is going to be able to solo this".

The thing about Kalphite King is that it is an easy boss to kill. It's special mechanic is also easy to overcome if you have two people. If you don't, about 30 seconds into the fight you will die. You can't use barricade, you can't use immortality and you can't use better gear to absorb the blow. You will be 1 hit every time no matter what. This forces you to team him unless you can somehow kill him in under 30 seconds. It is not designed as a fun boss mechanic, it is designed as a gate to stop soloing. It's great for Jagex since they can claim it to be the toughest boss ever, but for players? I'd much prefer the King to use his 1hko more often, and with a shorter delay between greening and killing, but be able to block it myself. That sounds like a challenging fight, a test of your reaction time and use of abilities such as preparation instead of a check to see if you're teaming.

Cannot please everyone.

Boss is soloable? People complain it's too easy.

Boss is not soloable? People complain it removes options.

What's stopping them from making something like Corp? Soloing option is there without it being too easy. Nex was the same way pre eoc.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

The KK mechanic that prevent soloing is basically cheating. It:

- Ignores protect prayers,

- Removes defensive effects already in place,

- Stuns,

- And resets the cooldown for anti-stuns.

The ice prison is much better, it doesn't have all the anti-ability crap.

If you remove all the counters, the KK's green attack is a really easy ability - you only need Freedom and Resonance.

I think it'd be better if the KK used a Berserk > Destroy combo, or Berserk + Flurry if there are at least three people. That way, a soloer has to survive the much higher damage of Assault, but there's no real requirement to bring a team.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Finally browsed through that lore answer thread and:

ef35e66230.png

Baxtorian anyone?

Doubt it.

He's been dead for a long long long long long long long time and what point would there be in talking to him in a quest specifically about Death?

It'd make sense to see his ghost or spirit in the elf series, but why in a standalone death-centric quest?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Finally browsed through that lore answer thread and:

ef35e66230.png

Baxtorian anyone?

Doubt it.

He's been dead for a long long long long long long long time and what point would there be in talking to him in a quest specifically about Death?

It'd make sense to see his ghost or spirit in the elf series, but why in a standalone death-centric quest?

There aren't really any other major dead elves besides baxtorian and glarial are there? I would think seeing him in a quest that might involve the underworld would make a lot of sense.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

There are a lot of living elves who could show up, equally there are plenty of dead elves who could turn up.

It doesn't have to be the 'celebrity' a likely candidate for a dead elf imo would be the ones we saw a glimpse of in Meeting History or the dead guy from Within the Light perhaps. Or could just be some arbitrary dead elf that we come across, no need for it to be someone of significance.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

There are a lot of living elves who could show up, equally there are plenty of dead elves who could turn up.

It doesn't have to be the 'celebrity' a likely candidate for a dead elf imo would be the ones we saw a glimpse of in Meeting History or the dead guy from Within the Light perhaps. Or could just be some arbitrary dead elf that we come across, no need for it to be someone of significance.

Wasn't the lore about Baxtorian that he hid himself to that chamber, and he has never seen anywhere, yet there is no indication that he has died there.

The Lore says in his grief over the lose of Glarial he traveled to their home under the falls sealed himself in a room and buried himself in there.

We discover this tomb in the Waterfall Quest.

So whilst we lack 100% finite look here is his corpse proof the fact he buried himself and we found the tomb heavily imply he is dead.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

maybe if I buy spins they can release content faster lol

Anyways. Vorago is getting a little old in here but I still like pondering things they could have done.

With this new mechanic about his abilities or whatever changing every week, why not add another mechanic. Before you go in, have a dialogue box ask if you want to solo or bring in a team. (This is under the assumption that this boss isn't instanced...?)

It makes the most sense. Change the dynamics. Maybe keep the same damage ratios, but remove the necessity for the parts where you need a team to do those special things (destroying those things on his body) and with that reduce the chance of good loot

I haven't read this thread in a couple days so I'm not sure if anyone brought this up... I skimmed it quickly to see what was going on in here

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

I an genuinely excited. Both because of bacon, and because this is the first new quest to come out since I came back to the game

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

This new quest really has me pumped. Like really happy. First quest in forever! It's not hugely into the new 6th age stuff, but it looks and sounds like it has decent rewards including ones that I can actually use! overall 10/10 let's just hope it lives up to that standard

• Like 1

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Please help me I've cringed so hard my face is now permanently stuck like that. Laughed at the pig song though.

So the new food is a pie and stackable bacon? So the pie at least will be consumed in 2 bites instead of one. Twice the adrenaline drain for foods of a comparable level...I can't even see myself using something like that on Dorelei. o_O Adrenaline is just too important for me as a low-level on that account.

While I highly doubt they would've only just found out how to cure and smoke meats in the 6th Age, I'll suspend disbelief and try to roll with it and have fun.

hzvjpwS.gif

While I highly doubt they would've only just found out how to cure and smoke meats in the 6th Age, I'll suspend disbelief and try to roll with it and have fun.

Hey it's plausible.

First Age - Busy migrating and being little and tribal and discovering the world

Second Age - Busy avoiding being god smushed

Third Age - Busy with all out war

Fourth Age - Busy rebuilding and settling kingdoms on a larger scale

Fifth age - Only lasted a few hundred years and was kind eventful what with all the dragonkin and mahajratt and what not.

Plv6Dz6.jpg