Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

On a new account, it does take a bit to trek all the way over to Feldip Hills and the area northwest of the Gnome Tree Stronghold if you haven't done the fairy ring quests or unlocked gnome gliders. Exploration is neat yeah but the 10th time I've run to Falcon hunting, I'm not really seeing anything new. But I never considered the travel time THAT bad that those areas needed lodestones. Still, it is nice, especially if they are able to figure out a way to stretch the map like they've been considering in response to player feedback.

• Like 2

hzvjpwS.gif

Or we could get a toolbelt for Drakan's medallion, Ectophial, Explorer's ring, Karamja gloves, Ardougne cloak and all the other permanent free teleport items.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Those are pretty much perfectly placed for quick access to Piscatoris, Charm Sprites, Order of Ascension, Oo'glog Hotsprings, and getting to Lleyta when you've accidentally used up the last Teleport Crystal.

AKA: Everything I do on a daily basis :P I'm a happy 'scaper

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I think the purpose of these lodestones is partially for ease of access (Which I'm alone very much happy about), but--as Hedgehog said--also mostly for upcoming World Event stuffs. Considering how many people converted to Seren, I think having to use teleport crystals to potentially get to Isafdar many times a day for her events would cause quite a few to jump ship.

Isafdar is Seren's dominion, Oo'glog lodestone is right in the middle of Bandos land, and the Piscatoris lodestone is pretty much right next to Eagle's Peak and the mountains, which I would imagine are related to Armadyl. Seems to match up quite well to fill in the gaps we have, except for perhaps Canifis.

The Fallen Diviner

I think the purpose of these lodestones is partially for ease of access (Which I'm alone very much happy about), but--as Hedgehog said--also mostly for upcoming World Event stuffs. Considering how many people converted to Seren, I think having to use teleport crystals to potentially get to Isafdar many times a day for her events would cause quite a few to jump ship.

Isafdar is Seren's dominion, Oo'glog lodestone is right in the middle of Bandos land, and the Piscatoris lodestone is pretty much right next to Eagle's Peak and the mountains, which I would imagine are related to Armadyl. Seems to match up quite well to fill in the gaps we have, except for perhaps Canifis.

Then place the event or whatever in lletya

Their logic is probably that a good portion of Seren's (and every other god's) followers are going to be low levels that haven't done every quest, and such do not have access to teleport crystals. That makes sense and I'm ok with it. They just better make use of the lodestones because I don't like them ruining the magic of the area.

That would make sense, although I must admit I was hoping Armadyl would take over one of the citadels.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Good catch

LgEZt.png

I think there's a fine line between placing a Lodestone in a quite obscure location in Isafdar and puttng one right next to the Godwars Dungeon. It's an enormous, interesting area with towns that people have to get to a lot for a variety of different reasons that has no reason to be as obscure as it already is. There's no fairy rings, there's no teleport spell--there's only a pay-to-recharge teleport item and a charter boat.

It's probably the only high-level area that makes sense with a Lodestone, considering as it is a large portion of the map.

Remember--you need to get to a lodestone once to activate it. There won't be any level 4's running around in Isafdar because of this.

• Like 3

The Fallen Diviner

I'd prefer for them to add lodestones but require some sort of additional "charge" requirement or miniquest to unlock them.

Canfis really does need one, especially as most of the teleports there are for higher end quests.

Or we could get a toolbelt for Drakan's medallion, Ectophial, Explorer's ring, Karamja gloves, Ardougne cloak and all the other permanent free teleport items.

I want this so bad.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind a miniature world map which showed all the teleports we could access with current gear much like lodestones do... (with a little minimap) But I think there are so many it would just get confusing lol.

Either way, I am ok with more lodestones, especially since you still have to travel to them the first time. They do sort of ruin the atmosphere but it certainly opens up a lot more areas for more content..

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Lodestones are primarily there to help new players. Putting stuff like that in your toolbelt won't really help those newbies if they don't really have the levels for them to begin with. Still that'd be nice.

hzvjpwS.gif

I still want something that can function like the Cramulet except for teleports...though I suppose there are a bit too many teleports to have on one object..

Maybe like a ring that can have all the ring teleports, a necklace with all the necklace teleports, gloves with all glove teleports etc

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Lodestones are primarily there to help new players. Putting stuff like that in your toolbelt won't really help those newbies if they don't really have the levels for them to begin with. Still that'd be nice.

Newbies aren't supposed to be able to get from one end of the world to the other after walking there once. There should be quest requirements for that, at the very least. Lodestones are too cheap, just like toolbelts.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I wouldn't be surprised, or against them adding a monetary fee to use Lodestones. I don't think I've used more than a hundred Law Runes since the original update. There's nothing to say they can't add quest requirements to use certain lodestones either. The lodestone in Isafdar thing isn't really that big of a deal. I mean, we have charter ships that take you to Port Tyras for a negligible fee anyway.

Sylpheed.png

I understand what jagex was thinking when they introduced toolbelts and loadstones. In almost any other game there are quick and free ways to move around the game map, and it was the most annoying thing in the world forgetting a basic tool when doing a quest or whatever.

However, runescape was a highly active game with 150-200k people online at any given time. Those people didn't quit because they forgot a pickaxe in the bank.

Anyone have any idea when the second new skill would be released? I'm racing toward max cape and I can see clearly that jagex will release divination the day before I'm about to max.

Dynastyfan0.png

Newbies aren't supposed to be able to get from one end of the world to the other after walking there once. There should be quest requirements for that, at the very least. Lodestones are too cheap, just like toolbelts.

Didn't they mention that they'd add quest requirements to later lodestones when they first released the system? Especially if they're going to add them because of god-related content; it's more than a little unfair to make a Seren follower trek through that nightmare of a forest when a Saradomin follower just has to go to Falador or something.

Even then, Isafdar already requires more than a few quests (more than one of which gives you access to shortcuts anyway), Eagle's Peak is just out of the way for everyone, and Oo'Glog has a charter ship.

I hate to pull an Urza here, but it seems like complaining about making things easier when they either really had no reason to be so difficult to begin with, or if they were already easy in a different way.

Interesting bits from the podcast:

New quest about Sliske

I missed the name

Will feature Icthlarin

Sliske doesn't like Icthlarin. Sliske likes to troll him.

Will reveal how Sliske got the staff

Sliske had contact with Zaros, unknown how much

Still fairly far away. The quest is done, just waiting on graphics and some writing, and probably some little things. I'd expect a September or October release.