Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

For mining it's an improvement of 11.1% from rune to dragon, no idea about wc. They can easily make the level 70 pickaxe 14% better than dragon, which is pretty fair.

This update will probably be unappreciated by much of the community, but I think it's a step in the right direction. It also means that we're getting really close to a huge skill upgrade.

I'm actually curious now about seeing an addition to the quest All Fired Up to hike up the use for the adze. I am thinking maybe they could imbue the magic from the adze into the higher grade axes or something to that effect. I'm glad someone else sees that we have a high chance of receiving better equipment. Even if we didn't get new equipment it would still set the stage for "level your gear" by giving greater access to the high end equipment.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Usually I'm against upgrading low level shit, but an adze upgrade would be good because it's basically a quest item. I'd prefer if the new version came from a similar minigame that required an adze to unlock though. Perhaps if we added something to notify varrock if zamorakians were invading. Or similar for other factions.

Usually I'm against upgrading low level shit, but an adze upgrade would be good because it's basically a quest item. I'd prefer if the new version came from a similar minigame that required an adze to unlock though. Perhaps if we added something to notify varrock if zamorakians were invading. Or similar for other factions.

adze is more of medium-high content then low, would be nice if it had like a 80+ mining/wc upgrade to make it better then dragon though.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

For mining it's an improvement of 11.1% from rune to dragon, no idea about wc. They can easily make the level 70 pickaxe 14% better than dragon, which is pretty fair.

This update will probably be unappreciated by much of the community, but I think it's a step in the right direction. It also means that we're getting really close to a huge skill upgrade.

Well I don't know completely what's up but I like treasure trails so alright :P

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

We don't really need higher success rates for mining/woodcutting, we need a lot more xp/item and a lot fewer item/h (plus that resource drops from non-mining sources needs to be removed). Adding higher tier tools will increase xp/h I guess, but skill balance is much more important imo (can warband mining anyway).

If gold was 500 xp per ore and 200 ores per hour, you could make gold ore somewhat valuable again.

Edit: Sinkhan had a good idea about warbands: make the reward bonus xp. Ensures at least 50% of the total mining xp gain is from training :).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'm actually curious now about seeing an addition to the quest All Fired Up to hike up the use for the adze. I am thinking maybe they could imbue the magic from the adze into the higher grade axes or something to that effect. I'm glad someone else sees that we have a high chance of receiving better equipment. Even if we didn't get new equipment it would still set the stage for "level your gear" by giving greater access to the high end equipment.

That's how they should do level-your-equipment, really. Take your untradeable and outdated quest items, let you improve them through a similar process to how you got them in the first place. Much better than stealing items that would be for low-level players if Jagex didn't put it on an endgame boss's drop list. :razz:

A new pick wouldn't mean higher success rates, just less time between attempts (7/3 instead of 8/3 ticks on average). They should take this as an opportunity to make woodcutting work like mining, honestly.

That's how they should do level-your-equipment, really. Take your untradeable and outdated quest items, let you improve them through a similar process to how you got them in the first place. Much better than stealing items that would be for low-level players if Jagex didn't put it on an endgame boss's drop list. :razz:

The idea behind Level-your-Equipment was that you would have a low-level, easily-obtained drop that would gain its own XP (and levels) as you killed with it--and would eventually, after weeks of killing, become an amazing top-tier weapon.

The whole Dragon Crossbow -> Ascension Crossbow thing is just an alternate, wonky system of obtaining non-levellable equipment. :P It's not their solution to level-your-equipment; we should see that in 2014/2015.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

We don't really need higher success rates for mining/woodcutting, we need a lot more xp/item and a lot fewer item/h (plus that resource drops from non-mining sources needs to be removed). Adding higher tier tools will increase xp/h I guess, but skill balance is much more important imo (can warband mining anyway).

If gold was 500 xp per ore and 200 ores per hour, you could make gold ore somewhat valuable again.

Edit: Sinkhan had a good idea about warbands: make the reward bonus xp. Ensures at least 50% of the total mining xp gain is from training :).

I think both would help. If something with as you say fewer items per hour, then having the increase from a higher tier tool would help more as well.

Edit: Nevermind then - I'll agree that a new tool isn't needed compared to possibilities on training on highxp low items stuff.

Nah tools are a percentage boost (for mining, for woodcutting it's weirder) :P. See: http://forum.tip.it/topic/273056-discussion-update-teasers/page__st__5380#entry5414377

"A new pick wouldn't mean higher success rates, just less time between attempts (7/3 instead of 8/3 ticks on average). They should take this as an opportunity to make woodcutting work like mining, honestly. "

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yes, they really should give us higher xp but lower item count, so that way we could have resources which are worth doing but still don't as easily flood the market..

And they really should not be massive skilling item drops from combat.. That really screwed things up. They should have monster drops which are monster only to obtain, and skilling drops which are skilling only, and then some things inbetween where you can get it from both... But right now we basically have zero skill-only resources.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Yes, they really should give us higher xp but lower item count, so that way we could have resources which are worth doing but still don't as easily flood the market..

And they really should not be massive skilling item drops from combat.. That really screwed things up. They should have monster drops which are monster only to obtain, and skilling drops which are skilling only, and then some things inbetween where you can get it from both... But right now we basically have zero skill-only resources.

Red Sandstone is 1 of few that comes in my mind.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Part of the problem is that you're probably better off killing monsters for resources than you are harvesting them. Considering the sheer amount of resources it takes to get a skill into the 80s, let alone 99, it's easy to see why harvesting skills are more or less dead.

I just remembered another one: Blood tree bolts etc.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Part of the problem is that you're probably better off killing monsters for resources than you are harvesting them. Considering the sheer amount of resources it takes to get a skill into the 80s, let alone 99, it's easy to see why harvesting skills are more or less dead.

That's precisely my point... Combat should never thought be more effective at gathering than gathering is.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

That's precisely my point... Combat should never thought be more effective at gathering than gathering is.

Totally agree. Ores, bars, logs and fish, as a bare minimum, should not be obtainable so easily from combat. Mining, Smithing, Woodcutting and Fishing ought to be the main suppliers.

Personally I think most RS monsters could do with a rebalance that scales back drop tables a bit in favour of larger coin drops. We only care about the monetary value anyway and even then most of the good drops are only good because they alch well. It'd be much simpler to revive gathering skills (and others beside) if much of these were stripped away from drop tables and left us with good old coins.

Of course this would need to work in tandem with some reworking of the skills, but tbf they aren't that far off the mark - they are just hindered by the fact everything they offer can be gotten faster via combat.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There are some really good ideas about skilling these last few pages I must say. I must admit I would far rather Jagex did a proper fix of the current gathering and production skills than have the 2 new skills this year.

• Like 1

If JaGex re-balances the smithing table, then we absolutely need higher tier gathering items. The speed that you collect mithril, adamant, and runite ore is way too slow to fit in with a re-balanced system. Sure you're going to collect lower tier items faster now, but they wont be as valuable as they are today. No one complains about how fast you can cut Oak trees and or how you can mine iron ore in 1 hit consistently.

eg: Over world smithing table similar to DG smith table.

Bronze ......... 1-9

Iron .......... 10-19

Steel ........ 20-29

Mithril ....... 30-39

Adamant .. 40-49

Runite ...... 50-59

Dragon .... 60-69

[Tier 8] ..... 70-79

[Tier 9] ..... 80-89

[Tier 10] ... 90-99

I also think that the gathering skills couldn't hurt with an xp/hr bump. You can get over 250k/hr in most other skills today. Aside from the gathering skills (woodcut, mining, fishing) the only other skills that don't hit 200-250k/hr are Runecrafting, agility and constitution.

So yeah new tier items and ~150k/hr shouldn't melt any faces.

4e0Vn.png

A huge problem is that rebalancing the tables won't do anything because the damage has already been done. There are too many rune/adamant/mithril items in the game and too few low levels. I can't really think of a solution outside of doing a level and item reset, and that wouldn't fly well.

^ Rebalance the drop tables & smithing tables + give high level smiths something better to do.

It won't be immediate results, but it will, in time, erode the excess supplies and make things better.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

A huge problem is that rebalancing the tables won't do anything because the damage has already been done. There are too many rune/adamant/mithril items in the game and too few low levels. I can't really think of a solution outside of doing a level and item reset, and that wouldn't fly well.

I kind of don't understand your post at all. How exactly is that a problem?

4e0Vn.png

@Trey: You do need to take into account that buyables like smithing lose money (@~250k xp/h) while mining (should) make money (@~100k xp/h). If you balance the money right, the lower xp rate doesn't hurt. But I agree that xp rates need to be roughly equivalent.

Hedge is talking about saturation of the market. There are so many items around (much more than we need) that it will take a long time for, say, runite armour to be worth a lot more than the alch price. Alching is the only thing holding up most of these items anyway. If alching stops being profitable, the items will barely leave the game (so you'll get a lot of runite items at alch price + 1k or something).

I think that if there was some sort of D&D that would allow us to supply our god emissary with a number of armour sets based on the number of sets in the game, we could solve the saturation. E.g. there's 10m addy plates right now, the emissary wants 200 plates. If there's 500k plates at some point, the emissary will only want 10.