Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Gielinor plot twist: We are actually just a small island nation with much vaster kingdoms and land masses out there.

Wasn't there a prediction on the size of Gielinor based on the coordinates ?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Gielinor plot twist: We are actually just a small island nation with much vaster kingdoms and land masses out there.

I hope this is true because now gilinoir is overcrowded :(

So something like Singapore?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

icwatudidthar

Not enough quests yet? I did 8 quests yesterday and I still can't catch up lol.

I dont get it o.O

And it took me 3 days to finish like 90% of the quests...

Account Help

Yeah but you have 342qp. I think I'm at 170+ish.

edit: yeah well you were awake 72 hours straight andd had the requirements and did them flawlessly? lol

Well I was at 200~ QP when I started but had the major qp rewarding quests done. And I had only 1 or 2 levels to do but got that by doing quests ;D

Account Help

So after the BTS video we learn that the next update coming is the toolbelt update. Can anyone think of any interesting tools to add to the belt? I really can't other than maybe the key ring...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

These mods have some very strange ideas about the size of the current continent :P. It's so crowded everywhere... Better to release the Eastern Lands on a larger base, because you can keep an eye on the whole current landmass from about a dozen towers >.>.

Yeah they should really fix that...

LgEZt.png

So after the BTS video we learn that the next update coming is the toolbelt update. Can anyone think of any interesting tools to add to the belt? I really can't other than maybe the key ring...

That's not the major change they are making--they are making it so you can put better tools on the belt as your default tools. (IE: Replace your Bronze Hatchet with a Rune one, like how it works in Dungeoneering)

Alongside that they are probably allowing you to use certain tools' right-click options (like shovels' dig options) from the toolbelt, as well as perhaps adding things like the Sextant to the belt if they can finally add usable options to them.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I didn't see ithe, but I took a look to see how big it could be.

The far left side of the map is about 8 degrees west. The far right is about 40 degrees east. That makes it 48 degrees across.

The far north of the map is about 20 degrees. The far south is 17 degrees. That makes it 37 degrees up and down.

A single square in the game is 1 minuet. There are 60 minuets in a degree.

So, if the land mass were completely land, you would have 106,560 square tiles to visit.

This means that the entire possible map is 7,776,000 square tiles. The known land only occupies about 25% of the total map.

Putting this in perspective:

Compared to the real world, it would be slightly smaller than Asia with the middle east (30%). And slightly larger than Africa(20%)

• Like 1

~M

That's not the major change they are making--they are making it so you can put better tools on the belt as your default tools. (IE: Replace your Bronze Hatchet with a Rune one, like how it works in Dungeoneering)

Alongside that they are probably allowing you to use certain tools' right-click options (like shovels' dig options) from the toolbelt, as well as perhaps adding things like the Sextant to the belt if they can finally add usable options to them.

Click and drag from toolbelt interface to action bar? Seems easy enough.

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

I hope toolbelt update is soon and good, I have a line of things in my bank just there that I never use any more, but keep just in case I need them far in the future, and that annoys me ever so slightly. Heh.

Maybe add Dungeoneering stuff to the toolbelt? Like Bonecrusher, Herbicide, Imp and such?

• Like 1

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Compared to the real world, it would be slightly smaller than Asia with the middle east (30%). And slightly larger than Africa(20%)

Wut

Gielinor, as we know it, is about the size of Asia without Middle-East.

• Like 1

Account Help

The far left side of the map is about 8 degrees west. The far right is about 40 degrees east. That makes it 48 degrees across.

The far north of the map is about 20 degrees. The far south is 17 degrees. That makes it 37 degrees up and down.

So, if the land mass were completely land, you would have 106,560 square tiles to visit.

This means that the entire possible map is 7,776,000 square tiles. The known land only occupies about 25% of the total map.

I'm confused by one point - you seem to be saying 106,560 is 25% of 7,776,000 but its only 1.4% of it.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm confused by one point - you seem to be saying 106,560 is 25% of 7,776,000 but its only 1.4% of it.

Also i'm confused by your numbers as well.

You say there is 48 degrees with 60 squares per degree across. That makes 2880 squares across the map.

37 degrees with 60 minutes per degree up the map. That makes 2220 squares up the map.

Sure the area is height times base? 2880 x 2220 = 6,393,600 squares. That's the area of Gielinor at the moment, or am i missing something? This includes the sea and the land mass i'm assuming?

• Like 1

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Gielinor, as we know it, is about the size of Asia without Middle-East.

I understood that part, but the numbers I don't, and that comparison is so totally unjustified, to the extent I fear I must be being trolled.

Ok if we were to agree Gielinor was the size as a VERY LARGE continent, what implications would that have for the game? Well one would be to get from either extremes of the side of the map, you'd be spending 2 months (without sleeping) walking to get there. Or you could perhaps catch a plane and do it in 5-6 hours.

The real world equivalent area of Gielenor is going to be similar to a small town. Maybe as much as 2km across.

• Like 1

LgEZt.png

^Good points above.

Misplaced seems to of done (48*37)*60

But that doesn't work as, for example, lets say we have 2m squares of wood, we make a 2x2 square (so it is 4m x 4m)

Misplaced math: 2x2=4 4x2m=8m^2

Real math 4mx4m=16m^2

Using the real math you get 6,393,600 squares.

Now a real globe we have 360 degrees of longitude and 180 of latitude.

So in minutes 21600 longitude and 10800 latitude.

When you multiple that out you actually get:

233,280,000 possible game squares to complete the world map.

Working that out our current area is 2.7% of the possible world map.

Of course this is all theoretically based on the assumption Gielinor's measurements conform to our own.

Edit: I still can't for the life of me see where Misplaced got 25% from before.

7,776,000/100 = 77,760

106,560/77,760 = 1.4 (When rounded)

Conversely if we do some bad math that I know some people fall in to with the whole decimal/fraction/percent conversions:

7,776,000/106,560=73

Though of course that wouldn't be 73% that'd be 106,560 = 1/73th of 7,776,000 and 100/73 = 1.4 for the percent.

Even missing a 0 off one of the numbers still gives 13.7%

• Like 4

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Jesus christ, I really screwed up on all of the calculations... In my defence, I've only had 3ish hours of sleep a night for the last week or so. It makes me wonder how well I've been programming this week.

Sy's real math is correct. He adjusted for any blatant mistakes or oversights that I made.

~M

Jesus christ, I really screwed up on all of the calculations... In my defence, I've only had 3ish hours of sleep a night for the last week or so. It makes me wonder how well I've been programming this week.

Sy's real math is correct. He adjusted for any blatant mistakes or oversights that I made.

I've been there too lol ;) For me it's been after the euphoria of correctly solving a problem, and that over-riding due diligence...

LgEZt.png