Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Ocellus is a guardian of guthix. He stated that he was busy so couldn't come right? Or even at the least if he wasn't trusted by the other guardians it was guthix choice to make him a guardian and the other can't do anything to deny him responsibility or revoke his powers. That is something reserved for guthix himself. Ocellus should remain as seen as a guardian of guthix and sets the standard for the guardians that they are fallable (even in the eyes of their peers). I honestly feel the community here is over-analyzing this. He is a guardian of guthix - period.

I assume you haven't finished the History of the Order?

When Guthix needed protection, Ocellus wasn't even called. When he says he was busy its a lie.

I've been reading it o the wiki. Honestly I don't get how you all aren't seeing this as mod Osborne said there are 8 guardians. Guthix chose those guardians and the others don't have the ability to do anything other than excommunicate them from efforts like you mentioned. He is a guardian because guthix chose him not because Juna dismissed him. In TWW we were gifted with guthix own magic and powers the same as the other guardians.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Ocellus is a guardian of guthix. He stated that he was busy so couldn't come right? Or even at the least if he wasn't trusted by the other guardians it was guthix choice to make him a guardian and the other can't do anything to deny him responsibility or revoke his powers. That is something reserved for guthix himself. Ocellus should remain as seen as a guardian of guthix and sets the standard for the guardians that they are fallable (even in the eyes of their peers). I honestly feel the community here is over-analyzing this. He is a guardian of guthix - period.

When Guthix needed protection, Ocellus wasn't even called. When he says he was busy its a lie.

I've been reading it o the wiki. Honestly I don't get how you all aren't seeing this as mod Osborne said there are 8 guardians. Guthix chose those guardians and the others don't have the ability to do anything other than excommunicate them from efforts like you mentioned. He is a guardian because guthix chose him not because Juna dismissed him. In TWW we were gifted with guthix own magic and powers the same as the other guardians.

There are eight guardians, but we don't know of at least one of them. (Two if Ocellus is not considered a Guardian anymore) The number of Guardians can't be used as confirmation of Ocellus' inclusion or exclusion in the number itself.

It is debatable as to whether or not it is the power imparted to them that makes them a Guardian, or if they are only blessed with power to help accomplish their set task if they can't do so with their own abilities. For example, the player was given protection from the Gods--but that was given separately after we had already become a Guardian. Cres, on the other hand, seems to have no special god-granted powers whatsoever--just immense intelligence. Ocellus seems to be the same way, from the information we know so far.

For the most part, being a Guardian is being assigned a task by Guthix. If you are exiled by the other Guardians and you no longer follow the assigned task, there can't really be any connection left to being a Guardian--you really aren't guarding anything anymore. What makes a Guardian--the (potentially related) powers, or Guthix + other Guardians' opinion? That is the question that is currently being pondered--we won't get a direct answer until Mod Osborne is asked it. It can be argued one way or another, we just need to learn out what he had in mind when he said eight Guardians. (And, thusly, are there one or two remaining Guardians to look out for?)

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

There are eight guardians, but we don't know of at least one of them. (Two if Ocellus is not considered a Guardian anymore) The number of Guardians can't be used as confirmation of Ocellus' inclusion or exclusion in the number itself.

It is debatable as to whether or not it is the power imparted to them that makes them a Guardian, or if they are only blessed with power to help accomplish their set task if they can't do so with their own abilities. For example, the player was given protection from the Gods--but that was given separately after we had already become a Guardian. Cres, on the other hand, seems to have no special god-granted powers whatsoever--just immense intelligence. Ocellus seems to be the same way, from the information we know so far.

For the most part, being a Guardian is being assigned a task by Guthix. If you are exiled by the other Guardians and you no longer follow the assigned task, there can't really be any connection left to being a Guardian--you really aren't guarding anything anymore. What makes a Guardian--the (potentially related) powers, or Guthix + other Guardians' opinion? That is the question that is currently being pondered--we won't get a direct answer until Mod Osborne is asked it. It can be argued one way or another, we just need to learn out what he had in mind when he said eight Guardians. (And, thusly, are there one or two remaining Guardians to look out for?)

We have a lore QA coming up and I want to use this post as a base for a few questions. Though I might trim it to spare the reader, but you seem to clearly get the context of what I am hinting at as well as what I and the community both want to address. That being a understanding of the extend of guardian of guthix powers, their place as divine or mortal beings, and when are where we may expect to see the final guardian.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

3 parts

location is secret

complete key leads way

ONLY place to get dragon hatchet/pickaxe

level 50 hybrid armor

Higher chance from certain level slayer monsters

added to skills 80-90 requirements

rewards from key will be "exciting"

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

3 parts

location is secret

complete key leads way

ONLY place to get dragon hatchet/pickaxe

level 50 hybrid armor

Higher chance from certain level slayer monsters

added to skills 80-90 requirements

rewards from key will be "exciting"

What will happen then to DKS their droptable and Cannoneers/Dworves for the D pickaxes?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

They'll be dead content until Jagex comes out with T90 pickaxe/hatchet at which point you will need both upgrade the new item to T90.

It shall be called Descension Pickaxe and Descension Hatchet #

EDIT: Unless Jagex makes it so they're more likely to drop tri key pieces.

• Like 1

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I love the challenge in the end of the movie. I should just write down all the quests in the game and send in lol...

• Like 1

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I always found it really odd that the dragon hatchets and pickaxes would be exclusively reserved as combat drops. Now those of us who don't like bossing have a chance at getting one without needing to buy it :) I would imagine they are going to add something interesting to the drop tables to compensate..

I'm a HUGE fan of treasure trails, crystal keys, locator puzzles, and other things like that which are currently in the game, so this should probably be another really awesome update for me. I like the fact that the pieces are untradeable--that was always my problem with the Crystal Key. It was so hard to know what you were getting that it was always more worth it to sell the pieces off instead of actually chancing the random loot.

• Like 2

The Fallen Diviner

It's great that skillers can now (hopefully) DIY dragon tools :). I hope DKS get a bit of a buff, maybe a high key piece drop rate (they are high level slayer monsters after all).

That challenge is cool.

• Like 3

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It's great that skillers can now (hopefully) DIY dragon tools :). I hope DKS get a bit of a buff, maybe a high key piece drop rate (they are high level slayer monsters after all).

That challenge is cool.

You may kill them on a task, but you don't need a Slayer level to kill them. Therefore no, they aren't Slayer monsters.

Sylpheed.png

OK put it this way: DKS are useless now, and any reason to buff them, no matter how slim, should be taken. In addition to that, DKS have always had really high rates for RDT items, which could mean they'll drop lots of key parts too.

@Bruno: I hope so :). About time too, lol. Add chaotic spikes for chaotic knives yes?

@Below: Not useful enough for an awesome boss like that, that's useless enough for this :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

OK put it this way: DKS are useless now, and any reason to buff them, no matter how slim, should be taken. In addition to that, DKS have always had really high rates for RDT items, which could mean they'll drop lots of key parts too.

DKS aren't wholly useless - Rings still hold a reasonable value (very good, considering their drop rate) and hides+bones still add a good amount of gp to long trip. Drops like Mud Bstaffs and Water Talis aren't bad too. But yeah, removing their most valuable drop is a bit of a dumb move. The whole dungeon could do with a graphical update - it would look awesome with HTML5. You can already see the basic areas from wherever you are in the dungeon, but for it to be rendered in HTML5 would be really really good.

Just make DKS drop effigies. Problem solved.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

It might be because it's almost 1am, but I just cannot comprehend what Osbourne is talking about in the second half of the video. Anyone got a summary?

It's a really long tongue-twister story incorporating references to pretty much every single quest in the game. Apparently if you can list all the references you get a prize.

The Fallen Diviner

Put on the subtitles of the video, during the challenge, there are plenty of "jokes" by the community team.

And I'm quite sad that they are going to remove the dragon items from their monsters. I think those drops should remain, in addition to the keys.

Perhaps this is just how I interpreted it, but I believe Mod Hew merely meant that the key rewards would be the only possible way to get either a dragon pickaxe or a dragon hatchet. As in, you have a chance of either/or from the same reward. I don't believe he meant that the drops would be removed from their current monsters, merely that chaos monsters don't drop hatchets and the DKs don't drop pickaxes.

We'll find out next week.

• Like 1
alazsig.png

Perhaps this is just how I interpreted it, but I believe Mod Hew merely meant that the key rewards would be the only possible way to get either a dragon pickaxe or a dragon hatchet. As in, you have a chance of either/or from the same reward. I don't believe he meant that the drops would be removed from their current monsters, merely that chaos monsters don't drop hatchets and the DKs don't drop pickaxes.

We'll find out next week.

Yeah no sense in that really.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I wonder what jmod is maniping dragon items

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Honestly it smells like we are getting set up for another tier of skilling items. If they are intending to add an "elite clue scroll" like way of obtaining dragon hatchets and pickaxes there will be a slightly higher influx of these items. I think soon enough we will see another release of skilling items. I'm curious what might be the theme of tier 70 or 80 skilling items might be. Could it come with a twist and offer some more efficient items like better fletching knives, fishing nets, poles or augments to current items. Speaking of augments we still have that "level up your gear" thing they've been plugging away at.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If they do bring out another tier of skilling equipment I think they need to seriously re-jig the current balance of how much impact they make. I mean whilst it is certainly notable in lower tiers the rune > dragon improvement is so minute you can't really tell it exists without doing some number crunching to see the effect over a longer time period.

That or allow the new tier to have some other benefit than mining/cutting faster.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

We lets piece the facts together:

- The pipeline for dragon hatchets and pickaxes are getting expanded via tri-keys.

- The concept for concentrated coal/gold ore was an immensely huge success (queue that guy ragging about botters). A higher grade skiller item would make higher level concentrations feasible.

- We know a smithing skill revamp is in the works. This particular update has been in the works for quite some time. This could help pave the way for the new ores.

- We now know that higher level trees are coming out. This was clarified in the June BTS.

Yep, perfect setting for a release of high skiller items. After all the dragon hatchet as far as success in getting logs go only goes so far. I'm not exactly a fan of its speed with 99 woodcutting at magic trees. I wouldn't think the player base would be a fan of an even rarer tree, at a remote location, with a dull axe on release date getting maybe 1-5 logs a tree. Then waiting another 5 minutes for it to regrow.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

d hatchet is actually a decent price these days (~2.5). I have been dking a lot lately for fun and profit

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting