Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Except for the Clock tower south of Ardougne. That thing is the same as it was in 2005

A clock tower frozen in time? How very meta.

Just makes me think now of Avantasia's new album... The Mystery of Time.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

There's definitely a lot of Slayer monsters that could use an update still. I for one eagerly await the Abyssal Demon rework they showed in the BTS for the Slayer Tower rework.

And yeah, there's been a graphical upgrade for pretty much every slayer monster at least once in the past five years. I still remember the horrifying monstrosities that Banshees used to be.

Dustdevils are pretty much the only ones that haven't--I can't think of any others that haven't even had a recolor.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Can you link to what the things looked like on release?

Here's a page on RS Wiki listing all of the graphical changes to monsters in the game. (Make sure to use the little arrow button to expand the table if you can't see both rows!)

I would pay particular attention to the Abyssal Demon (Only got a recolor, oddly enough!), Killerwatts (One of my favorite Slayer Monster re-designs), and Wallbeasts (Which are a lot more terrifying, especially now that we know where they came from).

I'm excited to see what they all end up looking like after the second set of graphical updates :D Every time there's a graphical update to monsters, I always have to stop and marvel at how much more compelling they make the designs feel. Slayer was pretty much the first major update after I joined RS, and I will always remember how exciting the first day was. It has a special place in my heart.

• Like 1

The Fallen Diviner

I'm usually pretty good at finding the concept art. I don't remember that abyssal demon concept art and I am thoroughly impressed by it. I honestly can't wait to see that one implemented and hopefully a whip with similar concepts.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Here's a page on RS Wiki listing all of the graphical changes to monsters in the game. (Make sure to use the little arrow button to expand the table if you can't see both rows!)

I would pay particular attention to the Abyssal Demon (Only got a recolor, oddly enough!), Killerwatts (One of my favorite Slayer Monster re-designs), and Wallbeasts (Which are a lot more terrifying, especially now that we know where they came from).

I'm excited to see what they all end up looking like after the second set of graphical updates biggrin.gif Every time there's a graphical update to monsters, I always have to stop and marvel at how much more compelling they make the designs feel. Slayer was pretty much the first major update after I joined RS, and I will always remember how exciting the first day was. It has a special place in my heart.

Ah. I know of those pages.

There are only about a dozen images that work, though!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I'm excited to see what they all end up looking like after the second set of graphical updates biggrin.gif Every time there's a graphical update to monsters, I always have to stop and marvel at how much more compelling they make the designs feel. Slayer was pretty much the first major update after I joined RS, and I will always remember how exciting the first day was. It has a special place in my heart.

Oh, seems like you're having some weird firewall/connection/something issues with RS Wiki. Interesting.

Here's an imgur mirror of all the slayer-specific ones (With the Chaos Elemental thrown in for good measure!) because I have nothing else better to do with five minutes of my time on a lazy Sunday. :P

• Like 2

The Fallen Diviner

Oh, seems like you're having some weird firewall/connection/something issues with RS Wiki. Interesting.

Here's an imgur mirror of all the slayer-specific ones (With the Chaos Elemental thrown in for good measure!) because I have nothing else better to do with five minutes of my time on a lazy Sunday. :P

Ah, possibly it is on my end. It is like that with all of their graphics update comparisons.. Ah well

A lot of the changes they made were quite subtle.

Dark beasts used to look like chicken nuggets.... oh wow

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Kurasks looked pretty intimidating back then, now they just look like sick, deformed cows.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

The portal in lumbridge woods grew again today as expected and features some green and brown cracks in the ground. There is now another H.A.M. cultist, an elf and a gnome as well as children and other villagers nearby. I suspect this is the last update to the portal before BOL goes live.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I did regicide last night finally, on my current account.

Near the end, an elf pops out and you learn that the kind of Ardougne as well as the elf from the elf lands are actually working on bringing Zamorak back to this world. Jagex dun goof'd, no? Aren't we believing that Zamorak is on floor 61? It also contradicts the edicts of Guthix...

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Near the end, an elf pops out and you learn that the kind of Ardougne as well as the elf from the elf lands are actually working on bringing Zamorak back to this world. Jagex dun goof'd, no? Aren't we believing that Zamorak is on floor 61? It also contradicts the edicts of Guthix...

1) They could not know he's there

2) They might be working on finding a loop on the edicts, as it happened during the Myreque Quest Series

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

As of The World Wakes, pretty much every quest is considered historical (meaning in the context of the game world, you are essentially looking into a flash back) and the game assumes it already happened. All of those events are taking place in the fifth age, when the context fit.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Regicide was written and released in 2004. The Guthixian Edicts were first mentioned in 2009. It was a half-finished plot that is still fairly unresolved here in 2013. We know nothing of what King Lanthus is up to since we did Regicide.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

There have been many cults of Zamorakians hoping to bring Zamorak back--the evil-elves are just one of them. Zamorak left so quickly that none of his followers seemed to know where he went to--even Bilrach only stumbled upon him by pure chance. They all decided to find a way to get him back, and all (but one!) of them failed to figure out the way to get him back. :P

So no, no plot holes--just Elves being as clueless as we were.

• Like 2

The Fallen Diviner

I can't remember, did they ever say the elves were looking to free zamorak in particular? I just remember them only saying the 'dark lord' and never being specific.

• Like 1

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Inb4 jagex's twist on the whole wood elf and night elf mythological segregation. I'm betting the dark lord really isn't going to be all that evil. I'm betting he is probably one of the original gods of the elves.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The elf stuff never ACTUALLY says Zamorak - it says 'the Dark Lord' a name which has never formally been given to Zamorak specifically and no formal Zamorakian links have been made for the elves.

It's long been speculated it must've been Zaros or Zamorak, but modern editions to the lore have pretty much wiped out those possibilities. In all likelihood it is some elf, or elf homeworld deity or even a total fiction made-up by the leading elves to hoodwink their followers and confuse the rebels (eg us) if any info should be leaked. Heck in elf terms the 'Dark lord' could quite easily be someone like Guthix (since he did sort of 'kill' Seren via the edicts). And even if it does transpire to mean Zamorak so what? Lots of cults and groups have looked for ways to bring their gods back and bypass the edicts - it doesn't mean they necessarily were doing it right and would've succeeded and it also does not really cause too much of an issue if he comes back another way as they'll just be like great saved us some work now on to the next part of whatever the plan is.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue