Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Thought this might deserve its own special post:

"Divination will be mid/late August."

He later goes on to say "four weeks from now".

[spoiler=Reaction gif]http://2.bp.blogspot...0/Hehehehee.gif [image display blocked; image is linked instead.]

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Thought this might deserve its own special post:

"Divination will be mid/late August."

[spoiler=Reaction gif]http://2.bp.blogspot...0/Hehehehee.gif [image display blocked; image is linked instead.]

Old news is old.

Rs3 launch date news post told us it'd be 'about a month' after rs3.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Jagex has no plans to increase or decrease the scope of the SoF or Solomon's Store.

- nothing new

Next big Sixth Age quest is three weeks away--and there will be "lots more" quests before the end of the year.

- cool

The have two to three years worth of World Event and Sixth Age lore content "penciled in", but so much of it depends on the outcome of World Events that they don't have it set in stone yet.

- impressive

There is ongoing debate between the Eastern Lands and Prifddinas right now. I imagine this means which one will be developed first, as they both have enormous graphics/programming budgets

- prif plz

"Remember, we've got a Construction Rework coming later this year"

- yea, cool

Battle of Lumbridge was intended to be a more focused battle than the usual world event, so a 1v1 made sense. Other gods will have their time in the spotlight.

- "BoL Will be great world event" - "Battle of Lumbridge was intended to be a more focused battle than the usual world event" -- jagex...

God Emissary choice will play a part in a lot of future content, just not the Battle of Lumbridge for right now.

- ok but this is big let down

Tablet version of Runescape is under development

- i'm waiting

Summoning rework is not likely to be this year--more likely next year.

- meh

They are considering increasing the scale of the game world, but it is very unlikely because it would require a massive amount of work that would be better put towards new content.

- polished content (bigger world) - more content

There will be a RSOF post about NIS issues coming shortly today. There will be a system update every day or two this week, and every two or three days next week in order to get all of the bugs worked out.

- nice

Mod Pips regrets that fact that the RS3 delay caused the early Summer to have so few updates--it was not intended.

- i'm sad too :(

All of the World Events will be "very different in theme, scale and function."

- that is great news

When asked if there would be a Runescape mobile game (not the mobile version of RS) or other external game set in the Runescape universe (a la Armies of Gielinor), Pips replied a quite interesting "Maybe ;)"

- meh

"Yup, we already announced Divination was 4 weeks after RS3 release." "Mid/late August"

- waiting...

The Battle of Lumbridge will evolve over the weeks to come, with new gameplay and rewards.

- very interesting

•  

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

Lol at the balance team, c'mon... There are still a few odd things about EoC, specially regarding 2h equipment of the same tier of different style, like how T90 melee 2H shows different dmg than a T90 magic 2H weapon :/

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Rs3 launch date news post told us it'd be 'about a month' after rs3.

Any news older than a month as of late ends up being very risky to accept as truth, what with all the push backs they end up having to do in order to ensure a somewhat stable release.

hzvjpwS.gif

• There will be a RSOF post about NIS issues coming shortly today. There will be a system update every day or two this week, and every two or three days next week in order to get all of the bugs worked out.

Why even have beta tests if they don't actually use them for testing? This should have occured during the beta test, not once the update went live.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

• There will be a RSOF post about NIS issues coming shortly today. There will be a system update every day or two this week, and every two or three days next week in order to get all of the bugs worked out.

Why even have beta tests if they don't actually use them for testing? This should have occured during the beta test, not once the update went live.

They do--the issue is that many, many more bugs pop up when you have something being used by the general public. There was a lot of serious bugs that were found and solved during the NIS beta, the number that we are seeing now is tiny compared to that.

A countless number of things can go wrong between a beta test and live release, alongside things that were missed by the beta testers. You see this in pretty much any game that has a beta testing environment in some shape or form--it's not a fault on Jagex's part.

In other news, the Mod Pips AMAA is now over. Feel free to check my post on the previous page for the final listing.

• Like 1

The Fallen Diviner

Basically what the above said. A lot of people fail to realise that a Beta is only tested internally by a handful of staff members. When you compare that to the tens of thousands of people that play the same content, it's unrealistic to expect it to run perfectly.

Sylpheed.png

Basically what the above said. A lot of people fail to realise that a Beta is only tested internally by a handful of staff members. When you compare that to the tens of thousands of people that play the same content, it's unrealistic to expect it to run perfectly.

I believe he was talking about the NIS beta--which had been in closed beta testing with a few thousand players for months now, with an open beta in the past few weeks. Same idea, and same reason as to why the bugs slipped through, but it has definitely been tested by more people than just Jagex staff :P If it had, many many more severe bugs would probably had made their way to the live release.

Lots of news today! There is a big front-page post about the RS3 Launch and future updates to it. Read it for the full details about upcoming tweaks to the Battle of Lumbridge and NIS. They also mention that next week's August BTS will feature the next Sixth Age Quest, Divination, and a reworked Loyalty Rewards Program. :D

The Fallen Diviner

yeah, i have to say that even with the things popping around and going nuts, this is largely more playable than the previous builds

that being said they were kinda lazy releasing fixed beta builds because i could clearly make out builds that had the more obvious glitches fixed in a bunch of the bts vids leading up to the release

the most frustrating thing about the testing was constantly running into things that shouldn't have made it past alpha though

8f14270694.jpg

Except Riptide was referencing the NIS, which was in a very long beta testing period.

That isn't to say I really agree with him. NIS alpha & beta actually fixed a lot of game-breaking glitches, such as the time you could equip multiple armor pieces or something along those lines. There were a lot of small to medium sized updates released on a regular basis.

What I have a slightly more difficult time understanding is why they didn't start out with known issues from the get-go. I'm sure there's some reason for it, but in all honesty it's not a big deal so long as the remaining little things (hi, "hide" global chat, clickthrough chatboxes, etc) are addressed soon.

Edit:

Well that explains the above question, heh!

hzvjpwS.gif

Except Riptide was referencing the NIS, which was in a very long beta testing period.

That isn't to say I really agree with him. NIS alpha & beta actually fixed a lot of game-breaking glitches, such as the time you could equip multiple armor pieces or something along those lines. There were a lot of small to medium sized updates released on a regular basis.

The "final" build that went live with RS3 was never tested by players, and I don't think there were any updates to the NIS beta the entire month of July.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

YES! THANK GOD!

I'm glad they are addressing smaller screen sizes.. Because I hope that by doing that, they change fixed to something that was the same size as it was before, minus those stupid buttons at the top

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

They will be overhauling the Quest Log, Bank, and GE interfaces to fit the NIS in the coming months.

MFW.

• Like 2

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

They will be overhauling the Quest Log, Bank, and GE interfaces to fit the NIS in the coming months.

MFW.

I think we will be seeing some changes sooner than you'd expect--the main thing is that it will be a constant improvement.

Maybe I should've used "over the coming months" in that context. Hmm..

The Fallen Diviner

Maybe I should've used "over the coming months" in that context. Hmm..

I think it wouldn't matter how it was phrased. Put the word months in there, and people become terrified, especially since waiting for updates is not big a stretch of the imagination. :P

I'm not too worried though. This battle of lumbridge stuff has me so preoccupied I barely have any time to go do anything else with how slow the collection rate of tears and fragments are...

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

What I have a slightly more difficult time understanding is why they didn't start out with known issues from the get-go. I'm sure there's some reason for it, but in all honesty it's not a big deal so long as the remaining little things (hi, "hide" global chat, clickthrough chatboxes, etc) are addressed soon.

Edit:

Well that explains the above question, heh!

Even so, the amount of players that actually log into a Beta and actually play it for prolonged periods of time is minute in comparison to the live game.

It's the reason why EoC was released so prematurely - people simply weren't logging into the Beta in high enough numbers, and even when they were, it was for irrelevant purposes.

Sylpheed.png

Best party of the AMAA for me was the all-but confirmation that con rework later this year includes the street/village concept mentioned a while back to do with clans/friends combining forces.

I'm curious to see how it will be fully implemented imo to be truly awesome it kinda needs 3 core features to be true:

1) More skill related rooms available to player homes BUT you cannot build them all in one house (or atleast there is some sort of 'theme' bonus whereby if you only have rooms from a certain theme they get a boost)

2) Friends/clanmates on your street/village houses are open to you at all times\

3) Extra plots between the houses where you can build 'community projects' (that cannot be built solo) and maintain them to have some shops or a chapel or a bank or w/e

All 3 would actively encourage working together for actual benefit.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ideally because players want villages I would suspect some kind of citadel like mechanic were upkeeps might need to be met for commutative rewards such as larger farming plots, etc.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Ideally because players want villages I would suspect some kind of citadel like mechanic were upkeeps might need to be met for commutative rewards such as larger farming plots, etc.

As long as it's not as poorly implemented as citadel.. (I *hate* how the locking system makes it easy for ignorant people to screw up on accident and it's confusing enough to explain to people who don't care that much)

It has a lot of promise though.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

As long as it's not as poorly implemented as citadel.. (I *hate* how the locking system makes it easy for ignorant people to screw up on accident and it's confusing enough to explain to people who don't care that much)

It has a lot of promise though.

Every concept jagex brings up does... They just seem to water it down enough to ruin it or at least ding it up enough for players to say "wth?"

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png