Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Pretty excited, seems like it's going to be pretty afk unless you have to run from spot to spot frequently.

NYV01Uf.png

I saw the word "sparkling" and immediately thought of Twilight and then I just threw up in my mouth a little ... :wacko:

• Like 1

nyuseg.png

For dg I assume that means 1 new door 1+ new puzzles and 0+ new resource/gear things (quite possibly perma pocket items)

Intrigued by mod marks comment about it being used for teleporting, wonder if this means we might be getting like short-range telehops or gatestones or something for the overworld (basically more custom god-like teleporting) Would be cool if there was like a set of items that each give a greater range of how far away u can be.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think I've discovered the Gathering logistics changes.

[spoiler=Image]bxEk78S.png

If you look at the crafting interface, it seems like normal mining/woodcutting/fishing resources are potential creations. On another interface it had an Uncut Emerald as one.

Seems like one of my previous theories, that the logistics changes would be Divine Energy being transmutated into Logs/Fish/Ore is potentially correct. :D

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I am also terribly excited and surprised that they will be implementing it into Dungeoneering. I am very pleased :D

All those poor guys going for 120 DG, going to get screwed over by a level 12 divination door.

• Like 14

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I think I've discovered the Gathering logistics changes.

[spoiler=Image]bxEk78S.png

If you look at the crafting interface, it seems like normal mining/woodcutting/fishing resources are potential creations. On another interface it had an Uncut Emerald as one.

Seems like one of my previous theories, that the logistics changes would be Divine Energy being transmutated into Logs/Fish/Ore is potentially correct. :D

If you look at what skills we use in the Crater of Lumbrdige, it actually makes a lot sense. :P

short-range telehops

Day 1st: "I'm Lv. 4 and I just teleported into the Legend's Guild!"

Well, you can teleport into the Legends Guild, yes; but you can never teleport out. You will be forced to complete the entire Legend's Quest inside of the Guild. And if you cannot? Then you cannot leave.

• Like 4

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Seems awesome. Mostly reminds me of Runespan honestly. I'm not a too big fan of Runespan myself. The concept of this skill and the way it links to the sixth age makes it very interesting. Restoring Gielnor certainly sounds wonderful to me.

The only bad thing about this the latest BTS video is that it is stated that way more will be revealed in the next few weeks. Divination is not likely to be released next week (not that it was likely before this video anyway, according to me anyway, but I still hoped :P).

I for one can't wait for skill number 26 anyway!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

short-range telehops

Day 1st: "I'm Lv. 4 and I just teleported into the Legend's Guild!"

Well, you can teleport into the Legends Guild, yes; but you can never teleport out. You will be forced to complete the entire Legend's Quest inside of the Guild. And if you cannot? Then you cannot leave.

Welcome to the Hotel Morytania. Such a lovely place. (Such a Lovely Place). Such a lovely face ... :lol:

• Like 5

nyuseg.png

The second skill would be either Riding or Enchantment if not Necromancer...

possible in new Runescape Engine/RSE3

-------

Riding Skill - Lv.99 unlocks riding Blackdragon, Lv.120 unlocks riding King Black Dragon.

Enchantment Skill - Lv.99 unlocks Fire and Ice enchantment to your weapon or % resist to your armor.

Necromancer Skill - Lv.99 summons 5 skeletons,mummies or even ghosts, Lv.120 unlocks summoning Skeletal Dragon.

that would be awesome :P

Believe in new Runescape Engine :D

no...

Also I didn't read every page up to now, where did that divination picture above come from?

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

For dg I assume that means 1 new door 1+ new puzzles and 0+ new resource/gear things (quite possibly perma pocket items)

Maybe, but it's not that far a stretch of the imagination to think of daemonheim-specific divine energy resource spots to make pocket slot items for dg.

So somehow this energy we're collecting and transmuting is saving Gielinor presumably by healing these rifts as they form across the map. Are we using the energy from Guthix to mend the rifts by exchanging it for exp, then?

hzvjpwS.gif

So somehow this energy we're collecting and transmuting is saving Gielinor presumably by healing these rifts as they form across the map. Are we using the energy from Guthix to mend the rifts by exchanging it for exp, then?

Something like that, I think the BTS mentioned that you'd get XP from returning a memory to the Anima Mundi, so that'd probably be what's mending it.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Apparently Mod Osborne had a Lore Q&A sort of thing on the Official RS Twitch.tv stream last night. Saralentine from /r/runescape has done some amazing work cataloging all of the points of interest from it here.

One specifically pertaining to updates instead of purely lore are:

• New Zaros quest is early in development. The creator of the Stolen Hearts quest is designing it
  • The next Dwarf quest is apparently having an overwhelmingly positive responsive from the Q&A team, only surpassed by their response to TWW.
  • Armadyl-related content will be out "soon".
  • Mod Dylan is currently working on the next Elemental Workshop quest
  • Prifddinas, the Vampyre homeworld (Vampyrium), Freneskae, and the Infernal Dimensions are all places they want to add as actual in-game locations. Prifddinas is taking priority right now.
  • The beam between Saradomin and Zamorak at the Battle of Lumbridge will change in upcoming weeks.
  • City reworks have slowed recent because of RS3--but will be kicked back into high gear shortly. Osborne particularly wants to rework Falador to be based off Dwarven architecture.
  • You will be able to betray Sir Owen and Saradomin in this month's quest to some extent.
  • People who don't participate in the Battle of Lumbridge will not be penalized in future content
  • The sword that Guthix used to kill Skargaroth will be featured in upcoming quests
  • Haemalchemy will be explored more in "Morytania Elder Gods content".
  • The Icyene home world, Vampyrium, the Aviansie homeworld, or Freneskae will be featured in a quest in the near-ish future.
  • There will be a specifically Dragonkin-oriented quest line in the Sixth Age.
  • They will be adding a fairy ring to the Naragi Homeworld soon, for people who want to see it again
  • Marimbo will be featured in some quests. He is the God of Hedonism, and the Pest Control island was formerly one of his holy sites.
  • Mod Osborne has seen the concept art for Armadyl, Bandos, Zaros, and Marimbo--he says that Armadyl looks imposing, and that Bandos' design has changed drastically from that which was shown in the Origins of Gielinor.
  • Jagex wants to rework minigames, but Osborne has no idea how far up the list Fist of Guthix would be.
  • Skillcapes won't be seeing a graphical rework anytime soon.

Random lore tidbit: "Absolutely not. I'm not confirming that. You can't say Zaros is evil. Even in his own eyes, he is for the good of mortals."

Some neat stuff.

• Like 9

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner