Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

She's currently the main developer for the Morytania quest series, along with apparently a good bit of Sixth Age quest content coming in the future. Definitely a respectable bunch of content she's supervised--sans Social Slayer of course :P

...Which, to be fair, would probably have been a genuinely useful and much-loved update had it happened at any other point in Runescape's history, or in any other MMO :twss:

True, social slayer isn't hated and slated as a bad update as such. It functions perfectly fine and serves it purpose with some moderately nice rewards the only issue is the pure and simple meta-game fact it is worse xp:hr and thus largely un-used.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

She's currently the main developer for the Morytania quest series, along with apparently a good bit of Sixth Age quest content coming in the future. Definitely a respectable bunch of content she's supervised--sans Social Slayer of course :P

...Which, to be fair, would probably have been a genuinely useful and much-loved update had it happened at any other point in Runescape's history, or in any other MMO :twss:

Definitely :P Although I do think it could have done with some more interesting rewards and a less clunky XP/points sharing system. I guess there's not way too much they could have done without making it more worthwhile than doing slayer yourself.

The problem is that in doing so they made it pretty much punish you for playing with a friend. :(

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Ana and Osborne are a couple and very passionate about their work. I don't think she will leave anytime soon. :P Not now, after she has made TWW and Divination, along with a lot of other projects.

Osborne himself is working on 10 projects now, as he is the narrative designer. :P

Are they a couple? In his livestream on twitch he mentioned he was married.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

3UeJq.png

So it seems like loyalty shop clothing are definitely being converted to cosmetic overrides.

I guess I should instead say: it seems like there's more evidence leaning towards loyalty clothes becoming cosmetic overrides, unless this Jmod is mistaken.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

sweet. i bought the colonist clothes, but i cant really waer them since i need armor. those costumes would really work better as overides anyway!

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I hope they fix the elven overrides. I sorry, but the ears look more fake than what I could buy for a part of a Halloween outfit. So disgusting...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I approve. Wonder how long it'll be until untradable holiday items are overrides too? :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I approve. Wonder how long it'll be until untradable holiday items are overrides too? :lol:

TBH this isn't really a bad idea.

Though, I hope they allow us to keepsake more than just one item per slot. I want to have two or three sets of override.

I mean, wearing full black (g) is awesome and makes me leak sexyness everywhere I go, but you need more than just black (g). Not much more because black (g) is brilliant, but you need some more.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

True, social slayer isn't hated and slated as a bad update as such. It functions perfectly fine and serves it purpose with some moderately nice rewards the only issue is the pure and simple meta-game fact it is worse xp:hr and thus largely un-used.

Are attacking strykewyrms in social slayer with 2H threshold fixed yet? Last time I did social slayer I couldn't attack the strykewirm anymore after activating said tresholds. Nontheless I love it and the rewards are BOSS!

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

The main issue I have with duo-slayer is how both players attacking one monster doesn't work right, because whoever attacks it first counts it.. the person helping then doesn't get anything..

In addition, the "range" of distance you can be away and still have it count for both players isn't very large. Basically it should *never* be the case that one person can finish the duo task before the other if they started at the same time... (because kills from either player should count towards the limit). Also, they should not have given half the total slayer points per task. (in addition to needing BOTH people to skip in order to get a new task. It should have been only one person needs to skip to get a new task for both..)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Mod ThatJim is doing an AMA on Reddit over here. Feel free to ask your questions about Jagex and the NIS, which he designed.

I am doing a live transcript on Pastebin here if you want to follow in real time.

I'll be posting any interesting tidbits of information here:

• ThatJim is currently working on a "tablet project" which involves the right-click context menu, presumably the Tablet Client.
  • The Grand Exchange button on the NIS interface is "coming soon", was cut from the initial release. Has a "very cool feature only possible with NIS".
  • They are currently working on making some changes to the tutorial and tidying up early quests. (Presumably this has to do with the Paths System, which was described to be more guidance for players right after they finish the tutorial)
  • The next batch of NIS updates and fixes will be announced "in the next week or so". "You can expect new features during the week of the August 19th." (Editor's Note: This is the Jmod-estimated release week for Divination)
  • Jagex is working on a solution to allow for split Private Chat for those that liked the old system.
  • When asked about PvP worlds, he said that it isn't going to happen in the near future, but that Jagex is currently playing around with similar ideas. "I don't want to spoil anything though ;)"
  • He is looking into the possibility of Dual Ability Bars. They have discussed allowing for more than 5 Ability Sets and an extended Action Bar but makes no promises.
  • "Cinema Mode", the ability to hide the interface in order to take better screenshots or videos, was planned but was set aside. They will come back to it once they finish making sure the current interface is working well.
  • The Activity Timeline interface (in-game integration of the Adventurers Log) is on their hitlist but has no firm timeline yet.
  • He loves the idea of having a public database of player-made interface presets.
  • When asked about what the NIS makes possible, he listed "a portable GE, on the go ports access and friends streams" as potential features.
  • Alternate themes for the interface are coming. "We know people enjoy brown ;)"
  • They are looking into further ability bar customization, especially regarding the size of the Adrenaline bar. "No promises on a timeframe for this".
  • There are no other massive core gameplay changes such as the NIS or EoC coming this year, those two were the primary focus.
  • The changes to dropping items via keybinds (Preventing you from holding down the key to drop tons of the item) were unintended and he is looking into it.
  • Numpad support was intentionally removed because of conflicts with the new keyboard customization system. It will be added back in in a "larger keyboard update" that is being worked on.
  • You will be able to walk and use the World Map at the same time in a coming update.
  • More combat abilities are coming "very soon".
  • They are currently prototyping a new menu bar that would allow for multiple rows of tabs in a tab collection, but work has only just started.
  • Click-through interfaces will be coming in the update the week of August 19th.
  • The NIS team works in "bi-weekly sprints". We can expect NIS updates and improvements roughly "every 2 and a half weeks, depending on upload day".
  • Just gave direct confirmation of the Portable GE. Was cut from RS3 release but will be coming soon, after they have focused on getting bugs fixed and community feedback implemented.
  • The Skilling and Combat presets were removed from launch because they made players assume that you needed many windows open at once to get full use of the new interface. They decided to let players using the presets add windows as they needed them.
  • BoB and Summoning interfaces are on their list for total NIS upgrades. Will not come for a few months because of the time it will take and they want to get some other things done first.
  • "We have a separate and highly important project prepared for the bank that will bring much more than just transparency."
  • When shown this gif of an idea for new interfaces he said he was stealing the idea because of how awesome it looked.
  • A rework of the World Map interface is being started on soon, will feature better load times, new graphics, and lots of new features. We will hear more about this in the future.
  • "More gods are coming, that's all I can say. I probably shouldn't have even said that :)" Ominous.
  • Apparently the new interface themes will be coming "later in the year". Has no idea if player-designed ones will be added.
  • A redesigned Lobby in the style of the new Login Screen is being worked on. Apparently he has seen it and it "looks awesome".

The Fallen Diviner

^A tablet project being worked on by the runescape team is most likely the tablet/mobile device client? Have we informed the press? it just seems so unlikely; I mean wouldn't the runescape team, who just launched a new engine that can support tablets and hope to have tablet support done by the end of the year much more likely be working on anything but that for a 'tablet project'?

[/sarcasm]

Basically it's kinda a full gone conclusion a runescape employee working on a 'tablet project' is the tablet compatibility for rs3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Things I still want to see/hear about

• A properly formatted and functional chat interface which de-links the chat entry box from the chat views.
  • The bank update they mentioned and better integration of inventory, equipment and summoning BoBs
  • For that matter, will they fix BoBs so that they are more integrated into the inventory?
  • Will they bring back the left-click activate of auras on the equip screen?
  • Can we please separate the minigame windows into their own minigames? IE: allow us to put keys from dungoneering in one spot and other interfaces in another?
  • Dungoneering: allow us to have the dungeoneering map always open
  • XP Popup item: Can we make the actual size of the window match the largest size of XP, or let us choose if it is left aligned or right aligned. Could even be automatic (left align when it is close to an edge window on the left..)
  • Would it be possible to save themes per computer instead of (or in addition to) account? I play on a desktop and a laptop, and I don't want to use up all my presets for that when I already have need of presets for various minigames/dungoneering vs regular play..

These are the largest complaints I have at present.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

The AMA is now finished. Lots of interesting details, I added the nice ones to the above list. (Not just interface-related ones either!)

Basically, they are working on improving every single interface in the game to fit into the NIS. There will be a big batch of upgrades and improvements released at the same time as Divination, with more details on that coming soon.

I wonder how the Portable GE is going to work. I imagine you will probably be able to put in Buy Offers from anywhere, but any item transfers would have to happen when you are standing in a bank or something like that.

Portable PoP makes me an incredibly happy sailor.

Overall a very nice AMA, lots of nice questions interspersed with humor and juicy teasers.

The Fallen Diviner

The changes to dropping items via keybinds (Preventing you from holding down the key to drop tons of the item) were unintended and he is looking into it.

i hope the guy who mentioned that isn't using his runescape name

8f14270694.jpg

The changes to dropping items via keybinds (Preventing you from holding down the key to drop tons of the item) were unintended and he is looking into it.

i hope the guy who mentioned that isn't using his runescape name

I'm not sure what you're saying. It's a common issue that has effected an ingame trick used by pretty much everyone who decided to powertrain fishing/mining/etc. It was a new feature of the Ability Bar, which was accidentally removed in the NIS update because of some code tweaks.

The Fallen Diviner

My god, Portable GE would literally be the best update of all time.

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid