Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

The golden years of RS will always be 2004-2006 in my opinion. How the hell can someone call 2011 a golden year???

About the slayer tower, the tower was Zarosian, it was build by Viggora to show the other Zarosian generals he, as only human Zarosian general, could be capable of managing great things. Unfortunately, he forgot about the swampy nature of Silverea (hmm, when you think of it, this is odd, because Silverea was a lush forest before the Zamorakian invasion... They dunn goofed this tidbit I guess) so his fortress started to sink. The other Zarosians made him the laughing stock, and Zaros did... nothing... It was at that point Zamorak approached Viggora and after some time, Viggora became one of Zamorak closest accomplices and he forsake Zaros, the Lord of Empty (Promises).

Later he helped Zamorak getting his nifty Staff of Armadyl TM, which accidentally protruded the back of Zaros. The rest is history, some people claim they've seen the spirit of Viggora wandering through his sunken "folly", as the Zarosians called it.

However, the tower remained there, but became abandoned when the Zarosians fled for the forces of Saradomin. The Icyene forces made their came in Silverea, together with a lot of humans and it was a flourishing region. However, Zamorak returned, wielding godly powers and a mighty army of demons, humans and vampyres at his disposal. The Conquest of the East by Lord Drakan and his Vampyre bethren clawed his way through the Saradominist Lands. The north was actually quickly taken and Zamorakian mages and scientists settled themselves in a fortress with some odd old signatures. As they didn't recognized them, they just painted their Zamorakian signatures all over the places, while they went on creating new monsters to battle the Saradomin forces. It became a packhouse filled with monstrosities. One day, a mage attempted an experiment. She tried to disrupt a teleport spell in the middle, so they could open a gateway into another world. When performed in the southwest tower, a blast struck the castle, the Abyss spilled itself into the world... Mighty demons erupted from it, making the scientists flee...

The once blooming Silverea meanwhile became a wasteland, except for a little mountain pass in the west, where the Saradominists stood their ground. The region became renamed to Morytania, and Lord Drakan sat upon his throne of blood...

Seriously people, know your lore. :s

The teasers about the slayer tower are just here to show the amazing graphics. :P All awesome stuff this monday will happen in our little town of Lumbridge, well, in the ruins of it...

• Like 1

It's been there since the slayer tower update. It's where the demons came from.

Along with the destruction of that area?

Well then, shit. I guess then it's a sign that the invasion portal might be Zamorakian demons? It would explain the wilderness photo a bit more, I guess, but...

Hrm.t

hzvjpwS.gif

9. Are you going to relaunch the RuneScape 2011, the golden years of the bots?

Fixed that for ya. :lol:

How could anyone think that quagmire of bots and RWT'ing was one of RS's golden years?

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I think 2010 and 2011 were definitely good years for updates, but all of those are exactly the same in the current game still :-k

I mean, I can see how someone overwhelmed by nostalgia would want an '06 server, but not an '11 one..

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

With all this talk of Gods coming back, what about the dragonkin? Will they be making an appearance as well?

The DragonKin are mostly a defense mechanism for the Stone of Jas - so, with the Gods coming back, who would most likely be looking for it for its power, you can be certain the DragonKin will be ready to prevent misuse :D

And with that, hopefuly we learn more about Robert the Strong as well!

ArchangelSignature.jpg

I've kept Bobs Collar and Letters ever since ROTM in anticipation of this :)

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

With all this talk of Gods coming back, what about the dragonkin? Will they be making an appearance as well?

The DragonKin are mostly a defense mechanism for the Stone of Jas - so, with the Gods coming back, who would most likely be looking for it for its power, you can be certain the DragonKin will be ready to prevent misuse :D

Bob the cat?

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

we got a time loop to fulfill and it ain't getting any less paradoxy

Are you talking about the one where the Black Knights' Fortress remake is going to be a 6th Age quest (featuring Saradomin no less), and yet is a requisite to do While Guthix Sleeps and The World Wakes?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Are you talking about the one where the Black Knights' Fortress remake is going to be a 6th Age quest (featuring Saradomin no less), and yet is a requisite to do While Guthix Sleeps and The World Wakes?

Because its so hard to remove a couple of quest reqs when making a remake...I mean it's not like the quest is entirely relevant story-wise to WGS etc. Its more a 'it uses black knights so lets make it a req' setup.

I mean they done other quest req changes before, Priest in Peril being removed from a good 90% of Morytania content, Diamond in the Rough and Stolen Hearts being tagged on the the start of the desert series etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Because its so hard to remove a couple of quest reqs when making a remake...I mean it's not like the quest is entirely relevant story-wise to WGS etc. Its more a 'it uses black knights so lets make it a req' setup.

I mean they done other quest req changes before, Priest in Peril being removed from a good 90% of Morytania content, Diamond in the Rough and Stolen Hearts being tagged on the the start of the desert series etc.

Priest In Peril was not completely removed, instead it was reworked so that you could opt out early and enter Morytania without having to receive the Prayer XP reward. The story was otherwise completely unchanged.

Black Knights' Fortress is trickier because it ties in to a bunch more quests and is important in explaining how your character came under the radar of the White and Temple Knights. It ties directly to Recruitment Drive and Wanted!, the latter being a prerequisite of the whole Void Knights story (a requirement for WGS) and Devious Minds (a requisite quest along the line for ROTM), as well as explaining the motivation for the Black Knights to support Morgan Le Faye and kidnap Arthur after their initial plan was foiled in King's Ransom, which is also a requirement for WGS.

6Ij0n.jpg

Priest in Peril story was not changed, but it is not longer a requirement for Morytania or most of its content, as I understand it from noobs in my clan you can literally just walk through the underground bit no quest start needed and the agility shortcut functions without the quest at all.

I think you over sell Black Knights Fortress - storywise it isn't not mentioned at all in any of the quests you mentioned so retconning out of them is not an issue.

I mean we come under the white knight and temple knight radar through other means anyway eg Knight's Sword and it is entirely plausible we come under the radar for any number of quests at all - after all a common trope of rs is we are well known for our questing. Burthorpe is part of their kingdom so the tutorial would already get us under their radar a bit. Which means none of the other follow ups have any issue at all really since they only hinge on us being known to the white and temple knights in the first place which do not *need* black knights fortress to be true.

I mean are you really suggesting we *must* do a quest with direct links to a faction or group to get on their radar? I mean we don't do that for Sliske or Zenevie or the Meeting/Makinh History museum all about our exploits or many other instances where we are known by reputation prior to any contact at all.

To me there is not really anything at all that would need changing to lift the Black Knight's Fortress quest out of the requirements chain of all those quests that lead to 5th age content. It's not directly referenced and the only purpose it seemingly serves of 'getting us on the radar' is easily explained away via any number of other quests including the tutorial and knight's sword in particular.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thinking about it a bit more, you're right that Black Knights' Fortress is probably not vital to the 5th age content chain, as it merely works to give your character more access to the fortress in subsequent quests. However, that also means that a key 5th age quest, While Guthix Sleeps, may make the reworked quest feel awkward in some ways.

Keep in mind that the rework will be the first of the 6th age quests, and also features Sir Owen, which will probably make it a quest along the lines of novice difficulty and feel like introductory content (similar to Ozan's and Ariane's reworked quests). The rework obviously has to feature the fortress, which you already would have:

- Infiltrated in King's Ransom to save Arthur, and

- Extensively investigated and battled through in While Guthix Sleeps to apprehend Surok Magis

Reworking it into a 6th age quest would mean that it occurred after these events, by which time your character should no doubt already know the in's and out's of the whole location. Making it an introductory Signature Hero quest, which will probably involve some simple exploration sans real combat, may end up discounting these events and ignoring an entire chunk of the fortress (the much tougher catacombs).

Of course these are made on assumptions that Sir Owen's quest will follow in the footsteps of the previous two - it's entirely possible that Mod Stu and the other writers will surprise us on this.

Maybe they're doing whatever I said they'll do in the sig bet.

Link please! Wouldn't mind reading that again.

6Ij0n.jpg

They have said it is quite a large change plot-wise and if I recall correctly we don't really go in to the fortress itself in the other quests, we go down that trapdoor bit.

So it could make sense in the context of we haven't been in to the fortress proper, just the dungeon/basement bit.

I can see your point about difficulty but that's going to be a some what standard thing these days half the point of the move to 6th age is to kind of 'reset' requirements to allow more low end quests with the tougher stuff you get to later played in flashback. I mean anything and everything 6th age (even the bacon quest) post-dates many much harder flashback content of other quests it's just going to be the norm now.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Lmfao we just got trolled hard! they just added 24 hours to the timer... Either that or the timer is bugged. When I was at work it was 1 day and 4 hours to go and now its 1 day and 22 hours to go.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So I'm gonna miss it then. :sad:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

T-minus 23 hours to go.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D