Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

30 August 2013 Website

Super September is coming!

It's time to summon your courage, forget about fear and prepare for an onslaught of demanding Super Challenges – it's Super September!

This September there's a new breed of bonus event: each and every day of the month there'll be a Super Challenge for you to tackle, plus double XP for regular challenges. Do a hero's duty and complete them all for some truly sensational Super September rewards!

Super Challenges will take many forms, and the full range of your superhero abilities will be tested. From crushing enemies in combat, to gathering items; traversing the world, to raising a specific skill; helping those in need, to eating an audacious portion of food. Each Super Challenge is totally different to the last!

No heroic deed goes unrewarded. With every Super Challenge completed and handed in, you'll receive a hulking XP bonus in a skill of your choice. Once you really start to prove your fortitude and rack up multiple completed Super Challenges, you'll be rewarded with spectacular milestone rewards. A superhero outfit, super titles, a new emote, lightning bolts, claws and a superhero shield override are all available for the RuneScape's mightiest heroes – you'll receive your first one after beating 5 Super Challenges!

Act quickly, however: each Super Challenge is available for one day and one day only. Any you miss reduces your chances of taking away those special milestone rewards when Super September draws to a close.

Two Super Challenges have their own hiscore tables for a week each. Complete Farmyard Rampage and Bulldog as many times as you like to make it into their hiscores. At the end of the week, the top 1000 players will earn themselves a gold version of the superhero outfit!

Superior hero outfit

Super September has no level requirements and, like all other challenges, will be available to members through the Challenge tab.

If your thirst for challenge still isn't quenched, there are still the regular daily challenges – and every one you complete during Super September will yield double XP, while Dungeoneering challenges offer x1.25 XP!

Super September starts Sunday 1st September 00:00 GMT and concludes Monday 30th September 23:59 GMT. As a sneak peak of what to expect, here is your day 1 challenge…

Miracle Recovery - trigger 10 portents of restoration

Log in every day and complete every Super Challenge to prove your prowess, bring justice to Gielinor and earn a stack of rewards along the way!

To take part in Super September and become a RuneScape member click here.

The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.

Tags

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I only care for the bonus xp for div... Kind of feeling overwhelmed training div, having these crazy dailies and dung tasks all coming at once.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm kind of depressed seeing that Jagex is so embarassed about themselves that Vorago got duo'd that they have to increase the difficulty even more and push it to the impossible.

inb4 Seismic wand hits cracker price.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I'm kind of depressed seeing that Jagex is so embarassed about themselves that Vorago got duo'd that they have to increase the difficulty even more and push it to the impossible.

Or you know it was already implemented as Vorago changes attacks each week. For the first months he was planned to be easy but now we can see his tougher attacks

• Like 2

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Regardless, for something that ups in difficulty every week, takes 20 minutes or more to kill, and requires a minimum of five people to start (NOT FINISH), the drop rate for the key drops (orb and wand) should be MUCH HIGHER. 1/30 or something along the like.

Considering the drops for the ascension bows are around 1/64 (a bit higher because every part needed is 1/64, and you need six, and a bunch more of the keys to get the six), and the kk seems to drop drygores at around 1/125 or so, and is much harder than ascensions, vorogo needs to drop the weapons A LOT

• Like 2

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

wat?

Yeah... I would certainly hope that they wouldn't increase the difficulty just because of that. If anything, please increase the drop rate! I haven't gotten to Vorago's final form admittedly, but that's in part due to not having appropriate motivation!

2dgucz6.png

The update was planned for 15-20 minutes. Mod Ryan came into my my cc (True Maxed), and some people complained that they would miss Warbands, and so they postponed it to 35 minutes. How silly. If a few maxed players miss out on Warbands, apparently it's the end of the world. Jagex was just giving into (quasi-)popular demand, so I can understand why they did it and I am not upset with them. I am rather astounded why players would be upset that they lost *one* Warband. Especially people who are already maxed and have plenty of money. It's a weird mentality for players. I have missed far more important events and lived through the ordeal: somehow my world didn't come crashing down.

• Like 1

I don't see an issue with it being slightly delayed due to warbands. Those things happen once every 7 hours, depending on timezones etc many people can only get to 1 wave a day at most. It is quite a big hit to miss out on that entirely for an update, besides it's not like they did just because 1 maxed fc mentioned it - they did for the hundreds of players who do warbands at any given wave who have stats of all levels.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Depends on the way you look at it--to me, this week's content update was Super September + Misc Tweaks, next week's is the Dungeoneering Task Set, the next will be Birthright of the Dwarves and the Dwarf Graphical Upgrade, and the last week of September will be the Battle of Lumbridge finale.

I know that most people don't consider special events and large World Event changes to be major updates, though, so I can see why someone would say there is only two this month--but there is still a rather large amount of content.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

My recommendation would be to pick up a few things and call it a day. It's just too tiresome to get everything. You have to employ some perspective: is one emote you will probably be tired of looking at in 2 months really worth spending several hours/days in order to obtain?

That's why we put them in the catacombs, we already have a resident necromancer.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.