Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

RS TV coverage from ItSuitey:

Q&A will be each week with previous RSTV-style segment if there is content to show

- Mod Kelpie replacing Mod Ana as lead ninja

- Ninja team made bigger

- WASD legacy interface issue hopefully fixed next update

- Offline messaging system would be time consuming

- RS3 bot busting stream (possibly next time OSRS do theirs)

- Ninja Fix: Add Great White Sharks to Tackleboxes

- Darklight was nerfed because the wealth injected was unsustainable

- Quest items shouldn't devalue T90s and other gear

- Niche items (like Darklight and Keris) are good

- Ironman group bossing might be given to ninjas (Original Ironman developer is busy)

- Deadman mode was strawpolled on stream

- Rune dragons are in another part of Kethsi and are accessible by the World Gate (Reqs RotM and FotG)

- Dragonbane ammunition required for one phase of Rune dragons

- One more RuneLabs quest slot this year (medium sized)

- D&D NPCs are slowly being buffed (Skeletal Horror, Phoenix, Champions etc) including rewards

- 'Greyed out items' acting as placeholders has been looked at several times to no success

- Guardians will be working on Invention

- Crucible to be reworked into something like old Bounty Hunter

Key note pieces being...

- Working on bank place holders with no success yet.

- Rune dragons on kethsi, several fight phases, requires dragonbane and can use world gate to acess.

- Guardians are going to work on invention.

- Ninja team is getting bigger.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Regarding Tuska Event start date from Mod Kelpie:

Hello

Many of you have been asking if the next World Event with Tuska will begin in May. It will not begin this month and will instead begin on the 1st of June.

I know we have previously discussed it beginning in May, but after some players raising that this clashed with their exams and us looking at historic player statistics, we decided to move it back a few weeks. As World Events only run for a limited time, we wanted to make sure that as many people as possible get the chance to play.

Having said this, I would still keep an eye on the sky until then ;)

Thank you

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

World event starting 1st June is fine with me, not going to complain. Good move to put it when more people can enjoy it, especially with it being time-limited content as they have pointed out. I wonder what they issue is with grayed-out placeholders is. I guess putting 0 of an item and programming that to stick causes an issue?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Welll, guess what, mine and those of all Belgians start early June. -.- There goes my chance to play it.

Dang Belgians trying to mess stuff up.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

I know it's unlikely since dragon platebody is supposed to be an item you can only get one way in the game, but I think it'd be cool if rune dragons dropped it.

Keep in mind that dragon longswords were at one point only available in that one store. But now monsters drop it, rarely, but still do. So you can't say it won't happen.

Too bad they're almost worthless. :P

Of course they are, it's pretty obvious, I never said they're valuable. But dragon platebody is still worth quite a lot as a drop from non-boss monsters since very few non-boss monsters drop items that high alch for over million.

I'm not saying worth over million because even dragon platelegs and abyssal whip were worth over million at one point, and it's not worth ignoring.

And before anyone points out, yes, I'm fully aware that a drop worth over million could damage the economy. I'm not making a suggestion, I'm just saying what I personally would like to see.

Of course they are, it's pretty obvious, I never said they're valuable. But dragon platebody is still worth quite a lot as a drop from non-boss monsters since very few non-boss monsters drop items that high alch for over million.

I'm not saying worth over million because even dragon platelegs and abyssal whip were worth over million at one point, and it's not worth ignoring.

And before anyone points out, yes, I'm fully aware that a drop worth over million could damage the economy. I'm not making a suggestion, I'm just saying what I personally would like to see.

Until you use Dragonkin smithing techniques to upgrade them to T90 armour. :p

And I'm less then impressed with your structural balls.

Until you use Dragonkin smithing techniques to upgrade them to T90 armour. :P

And I'm less then impressed with your structural balls.

I'm not at all talking about how useful the item is. Don't worry, I have no intention of defending dragon equipment anymore, that's all in the past.

When you get a drop worth over million it's usually from a boss monster. How many non-boss monsters can you actually think of that drop something that high alchs for over million? I can't think of any personally, I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm just saying there is none I can think of.

It depends on what technically you call a boss, but yes, not many such drops exist. The only thing I could think of would be a visage, perhaps, or Tormented Demons drops, if you choose not to count them as a boss.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm not especially defending them, but you have to consider that most every skill ties back to combat in some way (so numerous I don't even want to begin listing here). This goes for most minigames and quests too.

Combat tends to extend long past 99s unlike many skills that you likely won't expressly focus on after 99. Almost all content begins to feel like a means to a combat end.

Bossing is essentially the pinnacle of combat, where all of these different things you've earned come together and are truly tested, so if you think about what I've said above, it makes some sense that bossing should receive a grand focus.

2dgucz6.png

Draconic Visage, dropped by all metalic dragons! :D

But I'm referring to items that high alch for that much, but ones that are worth that much. But I totally 100% understand why items like that are not dropped by regular non-boss monsters, and for the record I don't want them to do it either since it'd make money making far too easy.

Come to think of it, maybe rune dragons shouldn't drop dragon platebodies, but should instead have an unique drop, that should work even better.

For Miss, maybe this is more impressive, our poonational pride:

[hide]PISS MAN

784b955075660fda0f65d72eb560df79.jpg[/hide]

Sorry, but maybe we're not all into the stuff you are into you sick, sick man. :p

For Miss, maybe this is more impressive, our national pride: 

[hide]PISS MAN

784b955075660fda0f65d72eb560df79.jpg[/hide]

Maybe I just don't get the joke, but that seems like a piss poor attempt at humor, man :/.

Anyway, high alch prices are generally set for a very low price, just for completeness. I'm sure they never thought they would see the day dragon items hit alch values!

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manneken_Pis 

How odd it might sound, he's one of our most important things in the country. XD Next to that and fries, chocolate, beer and waffels.

Ontopic: I fear Jagex will still try to shoehorn in one of the remaining dragon items, but I hope they'll be given other special drops too. We all show how popular those Chaos Giants were...

Ontopic: I fear Jagex will still try to shoehorn in one of the remaining dragon items, but I hope they'll be given other special drops too. We all show how popular those Chaos Giants were...

Yeah, they will. But they better not make dragon swords require so hard quest, that'd be wrong as no one cares about shortswords.

Maybe rune dragons won't be as easy to kill as I think. I have a feeling I won't be able to kill more than five in one trip. But it'd be great if I could though since nothing beats getting rune bars every time I kill a monster. Nothing.

Everyone I hear speaking about Rune Dragons talks about them dropping 5 rune bars (well, most do), but as we've seen with Mithrils, those only drop 3 bars. I wouldn't be surprised if we only got one bar a dragon actually.