Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I think its a nice feature to add instead of making us run to specific places to get a slightly messy chatbox list and all told its not like its gonna eat up dev budgets.

All the graphical assets for that kind of interface already exists and all back-end metrics that track if things are done or not exist for the cape in the first place, so really its just a quick job to make information more accessible.

Which both makes life a little easier for those who happen to be at that end of the game and advertises the cape existing more to new players, since unlike maxing, which thens goes oh btw go see this guy for a cape, its not an obvious goal and you don't ever get told oh you can go get this cape now you just have to know its there.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Comp cape already has an option to check for trim reqs, making the tab seem redundant.

True but there is no way in-game  to check for trim reqs without owning the main cape.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Mod Pips is working on a GE history expansion:

CFX9hRbUgAAO07P.png

Been waiting for something like this. Now all we need are bank spot holders ;)

Ok this one will wow and amaze a lot of people... Straight out of left field: the completionist list in the heros tab.

CFdE3mlWEAAhZve.png

This is awesome. I don't need to go to the wiki or wherever to constantly look at the reqs

Comp cape already has an option to check for trim reqs, making the tab seem redundant.

People like me want to max for starters, while also slowly doing what req's we can. I appreciate something like this.

• Like 1

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

The biggest issue i see as far as the GE goes is not having an average price per item shown to us when i sale is completed. Now hopefully i can see that.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Regarding the seren spells document:

The following changes are now different from the document:-

1. Crystal tree location is being cut.

2. Crystal harvest is currently being cut, suggestions on how to improve it are welcome.

3. We've added in 4 offensive seren spells that offer advantages:

- Opal dart : "heals" totems allowing them to stay longer.

- Sapphire dart : Buffs totems, meaning their next tick is more effective.

- Emerald dart : Gives the caster damage reduction (up to 5% in 1% stacks)

- Ruby dart : Gives allies a damage buff (up to 5% in 1% stacks).

4. Crystal mask no longer requires the head slot.

We are looking for suggestions for skilling totems, as well as feedback on spells. Check the J Mod posts on the last page for further information.

Also looking for feedback on Lucine's suggestion:

Lucine said:

Crystalline Alchemy - Same effect as normal High Alchemy, but alchemises 5 stacking items at a time. Runes would be 5 times what normal high alchemy needs, with exp being 75% what a 5 alch's would give (244 exp).

Grand Crystalline Alchemy - Same as the previous spell, however, alchemises 10 stackable items at once, instead of 5, and granting 75% of the normal spell book 10 alch's exp (488 Exp).

Would you use this? Be honest, as developing one spell may necessitate not developing another. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being "OMG I NEED DIS NAO!") how often would you use this?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Hey! I remember suggesting alching stacks at a time. At any rate, I think that XP might be slightly overpowered. It will just drive the profit down and eliminate another source of income for lower level or med level players, and turning alching into a repeatable chunk of profit for high levels. Because you know the profit margin will just shrink by a factor of two or three inevitably, at least. I don't think skilling xp should be comparable to expensive combat training, especially with that second tier...do you? And when they say "stacking items," does that apply to noted items or just stackable, because I can't even think of many of the latter category that are alchable, by their very nature.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Grand crystalline alchemy would be 585k magic xp/h. Less than glacors, no constitution xp/profit. Also need 12000 of an item for an hour of it.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Yeah it becomes a couple minute daily for some common items I suppose, not really sustainable on an hour-by-hour basis (except maybe things like d'hide bodies?), but still.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Another update on the Artisan Workshop spotlight:

Hey all, thanks for all the ideas! We've now completed this spotlight, here's an update on what changes we were able to make within the one week time limit we gave ourselves!

It's of course worth noting that these are development complete, but have not yet been through QA, so the release will depend on how long that takes and when the release team are able to handle it!

General tweaks and improvements

- Varrock armour smithing speed bonus can now apply at burial armour (7.2 instead of 9 seconds)

- Varrock armour smithing speed bonus can now apply at tracks (1.2 instead of 1.8 seconds)

- Daily challenges have been tweaked and added. Mithril is 12 instead of 16 swords, adamant is 9 swords and rune is 6 swords.

- When cooling ingots you will be offered the choice to cool all instead of one at a time.

- Your current respect will constantly be shown while in the workshop, by the burial armour item to create.

- The burial armour item to create overlay has been moved to the left side of the minigames interface section, avoiding the default position of the XP interface.

- Ceremonial sword attack rate has been corrected, it was longsword speed rather than scimitar.

- Ingots and swords will use upper case rather than lower case numerals.

- Withdrawing ingots will now output a message saying how many of the ore types remain within the smelter.

- Burial armour can now be made through an interface similar to serenity posts, with 1-4 keys to switching between items. You can select to change the type of item mid-smithing, and it will be the next item when the current item has been finished.

SZVQy6z.png?1

- When withdrawing or depositing ores you will only be asked for the types of ores that are in your inventory or stored in the workshop.

Decorative Sword Improvements

- Tongs can now be stored on the toolbelt.

- Left-click on decorative sword anvils will now add the ingot and plans on the anvil and open the interface in one click.

- Egil/Abel have an added toggle to no longer offer to keep perfect swords you create.

- Offhand equivalents have been added for ceremonial swords. They can be gained by requesting an offhand instead when creating a perfect sword.

- You no longer need to heat ingots before making swords, it will be done automatically before placing the ingot on the anvil.

- Strange and golden rocks can now be received.

- The chances of hitting the desired number have been improved for each type, so creating swords should be a little more predictable.

- The base experience for creating a rune ceremonial sword has been increased from 7,132 to 10,487 to be a viable alternative for training when compared to the costs of other swords.

New rewards

4 new rewards have been added to the shop.

"Restocking cannon" - 100% respect - Must have purchased previous cannon upgrades - Grants your cannon the ability to reload automatically. You must have cannonballs in your inventory and be within 15 squares.

"Ceremonial Sword Orders" - 50% respect - Increases the orders received by the workshop, occasionally allowing you to choose which ceremonial sword you wish to make. If you opt out of receiving perfect swords this will have no effect.

"Sword Polishing Kit" - 10% respect - Gives 10 sword polishing kits (stackable), which when held in your inventory prevent a ceremonial sword from breaking.

"Bonus Package" - 100% respect - Gives 8x Mithril Ingot IV, 4x Adamant Ingot IV, 2x Rune Ingot IV, 50,000 bonus Smithing XP and 10x Sword Polishing Kit. The ingots in this bundle can not be exchanged for ores and do not count towards daily challenges but will still allow you to gain respect.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Another update on the Artisan Workshop spotlight:

Hey all, thanks for all the ideas! We've now completed this spotlight, here's an update on what changes we were able to make within the one week time limit we gave ourselves!

It's of course worth noting that these are development complete, but have not yet been through QA, so the release will depend on how long that takes and when the release team are able to handle it!

General tweaks and improvements

- Varrock armour smithing speed bonus can now apply at burial armour (7.2 instead of 9 seconds)

- Varrock armour smithing speed bonus can now apply at tracks (1.2 instead of 1.8 seconds)

- Daily challenges have been tweaked and added. Mithril is 12 instead of 16 swords, adamant is 9 swords and rune is 6 swords.

- When cooling ingots you will be offered the choice to cool all instead of one at a time.

- Your current respect will constantly be shown while in the workshop, by the burial armour item to create.

- The burial armour item to create overlay has been moved to the left side of the minigames interface section, avoiding the default position of the XP interface.

- Ceremonial sword attack rate has been corrected, it was longsword speed rather than scimitar.

- Ingots and swords will use upper case rather than lower case numerals.

- Withdrawing ingots will now output a message saying how many of the ore types remain within the smelter.

- Burial armour can now be made through an interface similar to serenity posts, with 1-4 keys to switching between items. You can select to change the type of item mid-smithing, and it will be the next item when the current item has been finished.

SZVQy6z.png?1

- When withdrawing or depositing ores you will only be asked for the types of ores that are in your inventory or stored in the workshop.

Decorative Sword Improvements

- Tongs can now be stored on the toolbelt.

- Left-click on decorative sword anvils will now add the ingot and plans on the anvil and open the interface in one click.

- Egil/Abel have an added toggle to no longer offer to keep perfect swords you create.

- Offhand equivalents have been added for ceremonial swords. They can be gained by requesting an offhand instead when creating a perfect sword.

- You no longer need to heat ingots before making swords, it will be done automatically before placing the ingot on the anvil.

- Strange and golden rocks can now be received.

- The chances of hitting the desired number have been improved for each type, so creating swords should be a little more predictable.

- The base experience for creating a rune ceremonial sword has been increased from 7,132 to 10,487 to be a viable alternative for training when compared to the costs of other swords.

New rewards

4 new rewards have been added to the shop.

"Restocking cannon" - 100% respect - Must have purchased previous cannon upgrades - Grants your cannon the ability to reload automatically. You must have cannonballs in your inventory and be within 15 squares.

"Ceremonial Sword Orders" - 50% respect - Increases the orders received by the workshop, occasionally allowing you to choose which ceremonial sword you wish to make. If you opt out of receiving perfect swords this will have no effect.

"Sword Polishing Kit" - 10% respect - Gives 10 sword polishing kits (stackable), which when held in your inventory prevent a ceremonial sword from breaking.

"Bonus Package" - 100% respect - Gives 8x Mithril Ingot IV, 4x Adamant Ingot IV, 2x Rune Ingot IV, 50,000 bonus Smithing XP and 10x Sword Polishing Kit. The ingots in this bundle can not be exchanged for ores and do not count towards daily challenges but will still allow you to gain respect.

> "Restocking cannon" - 100% respect - Must have purchased previous cannon upgrades - Grants your cannon the ability to reload automatically. You must have cannonballs in your inventory and be within 15 squares.

wow. I know it isn't easy to get but once you get this, that seems mighty OP to me. I'm not one to complain about that though. the easier the better :P

max.png 50.png

My main thought when seeing those new rewards i dear god why? why?!?!?

I mean they are good rewards and all, but dat comp req for buying all rewards looks like another 150% respect worth of rewards to meet that, maybe 250% if the 'bonus package' is a one time purcahse thing.

Not looking forward to sinking millions and a good chunk of time into doing that place again when I purposefully set up doing 99 smith there to combine tasks.

Also if it is being revamped a bit could we not removed the 100 points at a time ceiling and rename it to something that isn't respect?

The concept of it being the dwarves respect for you just doesn't really work -

We have 100% respect for you which means we will give you this royal cannon. Here take it.

Why thank you it's so nice to be fee-

Lol wtf are you? Weird human we do not respect you at all.

But you just...

Talking doesn't make swords, chop chop worthless human!

Oh and by the way you need like 500% of our respect to actually get everything.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

My main thought when seeing those new rewards i dear god why? why?!?!?

I mean they are good rewards and all, but dat comp req for buying all rewards looks like another 150% respect worth of rewards to meet that, maybe 250% if the 'bonus package' is a one time purcahse thing.

Not looking forward to sinking millions and a good chunk of time into doing that place again when I purposefully set up doing 99 smith there to combine tasks.

Also if it is being revamped a bit could we not removed the 100 points at a time ceiling and rename it to something that isn't respect?

The concept of it being the dwarves respect for you just doesn't really work -

We have 100% respect for you which means we will give you this royal cannon. Here take it.

Why thank you it's so nice to be fee-

Lol wtf are you? Weird human we do not respect you at all.

But you just...

Talking doesn't make swords, chop chop worthless human!

Oh and by the way you need like 500% of our respect to actually get everything.

it's a good point. I feel as if they're just assuming anyone going for comp is wealthy

im not wealthy by any means, this could really bite me in the butt. I'm very different to selling my armor and weapons, how am I gonna make more money if I use slayer for money and I sell my gear

max.png 50.png

It's been a while since I did Artisan Workshop but I did iron ingot (i) which were dirt cheap (iron at <100 gp helped of course) and I don't remember it taking that many hours to cap off respect, so there is a cost/time tradeoff available. And you can kill the animated ancestor armour sets too. I mean if you can tolerate pretty AFK XP, it can't be worse than rainbow fish!

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

It's roughly 1% respect per 10k xp (excluding bonus xp)

Iron ingot (i) doing burial armour is roughly 200gp per ingot for 111xp

So 90 ingots per 1% is 18k

Which would work out to 2.7m for 150%

Also for Iron 1 its around 40k xp per hour, so you'd be looking at 37.5 hours for 150%

I mean I wasn't really saying it was like world endingly expensive or anything, but still rather more gp and time than I'd really like to sink into an already 99 skill that I purposefully trained in a way to clear a req without xp wasting.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It's roughly 1% respect per 10k xp (excluding bonus xp)

Iron ingot (i) doing burial armour is roughly 200gp per ingot for 111xp

So 90 ingots per 1% is 18k

Which would work out to 2.7m for 150%

Also for Iron 1 its around 40k xp per hour, so you'd be looking at 3.75 hours for 150%

I mean I wasn't really saying it was like world endingly expensive or anything, but still rather more gp and time than I'd really like to sink into an already 99 skill that I purposefully trained in a way to clear a req without xp wasting.

40k exp/h implies 4% per hour and thus I suppose you meant to say 37,5 hours instead of 3,75.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Yeah misplaced my decimal point there, epic typo!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Oh dear.  :unsure: 4 hours wouldn't be that bad but 37 is another matter entirely lol. Either that or killing a lot of armour suits...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Oh dear.  :unsure: 4 hours wouldn't be that bad but 37 is another matter entirely lol. Either that or killing a lot of armour suits...

dot

I feel as if some of the reqs are to slow people down from comping so they might not get as bored so quickly...

max.png 50.png