Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Oh dear.  :unsure: 4 hours wouldn't be that bad but 37 is another matter entirely lol. Either that or killing a lot of armour suits...

37 hours ... doing iron ingot 1. Probably like 4 or 5 doing addy or something reasonable.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Oh dear.  :unsure: 4 hours wouldn't be that bad but 37 is another matter entirely lol. Either that or killing a lot of armour suits...

37 hours ... doing iron ingot 1. Probably like 4 or 5 doing addy or something reasonable.

but that means the price goes up exponentially, of course.

curious as to what this world event brings. When my screen started shaking and turned greenish blue (turquoise to be fancy) it said something "the beginning of the end, something doesn't feel right" something or other. At first I thought oh dang, this could be the next big quest! the elder gods are waking up! but it seems more reasonable that tuska is coming. after the tuska world event im guessing the next elder gods quest will come

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

but that means the price goes up exponentially, of course.

Indeed

Decided to do some more accurate math, current GE prices assuming you have the full 15% bonus for doing right armour and no mid-sum rough rounding

This is based off 1,500,000 xp for 150% respect and making 336 armour per hour; ranked slowest to fastest.

Iron (I) 2,7m 38.4 hours

Steel (I) 10,5m 34.4 hours

Mith (I) 13,3m 23.7 hours

Iron (II) 12,2m 19.2 hours

Iron (III) 13,7m 16.2 hours

Steel (II) 16,9m 15.3 hours

Addy (I) 16,2m 14 hours

Mith (II) 20,7m 12.3 hours

Steel (III) 28,8m 11 hours

Mith (III) 32,4m 9.6 hours

Addy (II) 25,7m 8.5 hours

Rune (I) 34,4m 7.7 hours

Addy (III) 30m 6.8 hours

Rune (II) 55,1m 6.2 hours

Rune (III) 90,6m 5.1 hours

Original sums for exact numbers http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1549FD1jKU0YBC0AeAwqqd_IwFsbSnmAF8kRxZtyfI8A/edit?usp=sharing

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The main thing I took from my maths was Addy is magic - in all cases it is both faster and cheaper than the one before it.

And anyone who does Rune is utterly mental

Rune (i) you pay 4.4m more than addy (iii) to be 0.9 of an hour slower

Or you pay 6.7m more than addy (ii) to save only 0.8 of an hour.

Rune (ii) you pay 25.1m more to save only 0.6 of an hour over addy (iii)

Rune (iii) you pay 60.6 m more to save only 1.7 hours over addy (iii)

Personally I think I'll rawk addy (i) or (ii) seems the most reasonable balance of gp vs time in relation to my bank balance and probably a good idea to buy in the supplies before the update makes it to bts and spikes prices.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hmm yeah, you can take your pick of costs vs time then. It may also be worth noting that pipes break occasionally and can be repaired almost instantly for free xp and .25% each. So that might shave a few percent off those numbers, particularly over many hours - I'm not sure exactly what the rate of breakage is though.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'd be loathe to factor that in simply because all the compers are going to be piled in there trying to get the % when it launches so you aren't going to be able to consistently get the repair/kill bonus percents.

And of course I did not factor in the new tweaks making armour faster with varry and the new interface making for more gapless smithing instead of stop start

Gapless at current speed would be 400 an hour - 336 per hour allows 10.7 seconds instead of 9 making time - 1.7 extra per armour for swaps and dropping

New speed would be 500 an hour - If we assume the gaplessness knocks off the 1 second, leaving 0.7 for depositing/ore get time we'd land at 455 an hour (7.9 seconds time per armour)

So bearing in mind this has some guess work as above the new faster time ball parks ought to look more like:

Iron (I) 2,7m 28.4 hours
Steel (I) 10,5m 25.4 hours
Mith (I) 13,3m 17.5 hours
Iron (II) 12,2m 14.2 hours
Iron (III) 13,7m 12 hours
Steel (II) 16,9m 11.3 hours
Addy (I) 16,2m 10.3 hours
Mith (II) 20,7m 9.1 hours
Steel (III) 28,8m 8.1 hours
Mith (III) 32,4m 7.1 hours
Addy (II) 25,7m 6.3 hours
Rune (I) 34,4m 5.7 hours
Addy (III) 30m 5 hours
Rune (II) 55,1m 4.5 hours
Rune (III) 90,6m 3.8 hours

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Not as far as I am aware, several people running at same pipe when I did 99 smith and didn't always get it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Some more info found on reddit:

Miscellaneous

Explorer's aura will reset on reset next update
Looking at what comes out of Inventor before looking at weapon niches
Possible god book pages sink
God Books moving to pocket slot
Port Sarim graphical rework
Mod Pi will be working on PvP updates in the near future
Close (~month or two) on the decision on frequency of updates
Discussing whether to block gaining XP in certain skills
BoB legendary pet in wildy fix next week
T90 Boots: Unique drops from Rune Dragons attached to glacor boots
There is something special about adamant dragons
Adamant dragons will be separated with slayer levels (starting at 85? 90? slayer level)
Mod Deg (Chris L's team) is working on a boss (he mentioned being killed by it in a 6man team)
This is the team working on World Event III, Raiding and the raiding bosses
Pharaoh sceptre wielding requirement to be removed like SotG
Quest capes getting hoods
Longer GE history with new interface (increased from 5 to 10)
Merchandise purchasable with bonds
No progress on construction rework (ninjas have a series of QoL 'tweaks' though)
Darklight is still under review

Tuska World event:

In each island you have to charge the spear
23.7 xp every tick for building targets (attracts lightning strikes)
Divert lightning by clicking the icons on the floor (410.6xp)
Kill 'lightning dudes' to charge spear
90% of daily cap can be done in ~20mins with the last 10% at a slower rate
Bar on the top is Tuska's HP (hovering over shows which faction did how much damage)

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm intrigued to see how the dragon things plays out and where prices go from there - sounds good though. In terms of the world event, 20 minutes for 90% of the reward seems very palatable, and probably about the right amount of attention span.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

tHMRGV1.png

Yay got the meteorite as well =3!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

tHMRGV1.png

I think the xp is equivalent to a small prismatic lamp but I could be wrong.

Some more info found on reddit:

Tuska World event:

In each island you have to charge the spear

23.7 xp every tick for building targets (attracts lightning strikes)

Divert lightning by clicking the icons on the floor (410.6xp)

Kill 'lightning dudes' to charge spear

90% of daily cap can be done in ~20mins with the last 10% at a slower rate

Bar on the top is Tuska's HP (hovering over shows which faction did how much damage)

sorry for double post but YES. I couldn't stand spending hours a day capping.

max.png 50.png

tHMRGV1.png

No, it is not. The experience gained for a 99 skill is 7,277.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

tHMRGV1.png

No, it is not. The experience gained for a 99 skill is 7,277.

I got 2 different numbers last night on a level 73 skill. 3xxx and 1xxx. the 3xxx was more common, though.

max.png 50.png

Smouldering lamps are back for this weekend, apparently. They forgot to link the forum feedback thread too...it's linked to QFC x-x-x-x lol.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

tHMRGV1.png

7No, it is not. The experience gained for a 99 skill is 7,277.

I got 2 different numbers last night on a level 73 skill. 3xxx and 1xxx. the 3xxx was more common, though.

I quite consistently got 7,277 experience from each meteorite.

Account Help

The XP gets ~halved after the first 2 or 3 meteorites you 'harvest', I believe. At one point I was getting 1400 something XP in a 99 skill.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Smouldering lamps are back for this weekend, apparently. They forgot to link the forum feedback thread too...it's linked to QFC x-x-x-x lol.

If this isn't a great way for pay2win I don't know what is. Those lamps are insanely good.

The XP gets ~halved after the first 2 or 3 meteorites you 'harvest', I believe. At one point I was getting 1400 something XP in a 99 skill.

Thank you for the evidence, based Leik

max.png 50.png

Ninja teaser time! This time its a double teaser.

Quest cape graphical rework much like the skill cape reworks with hoods as well. This one also has a slayer counter that was originally done in OSRS.

CGBgXzLUEAEgrtw.png

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png