Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

All I can say is: it better have a toggle! Just like the skillcapes, I'm not a fan of the design.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Hi everyone,

While announcing team changes to the community isn't something we do regularly, I thought I would share some exciting changes to the RuneScape Team.

Mod Osborne has been promoted to Lead Designer of RuneScape. With his unquenchable passion, creative skill and energy, Mod Osborne will oversee RuneScape's creative design, assisting the content teams, tackling RuneScape's bigger design questions, and driving forward our creative ambitions for the main game. Ultimately, he's taking responsibility for the game's overall design.

Mod Conor may be new to many of you, but he's been a Jagex stalwart for a number of years now. He will undertake the role of Senior Producer and oversee all of the RuneScape game teams. Mod Conor has done a great job in helping a number of our teams get organised, energised and more efficient, including our technology and content groups. Mod Conor now takes responsibility for RuneScape's entire production pipeline, ensuring we can realise our big ambitions for content in the future.

As some of you know, Mod Dean recently left Jagex and left a big gap that we needed to fill. I'm pleased to say that Mod Drew - the driving force behind many improvements across technical development - will be taking responsibility for this. In his new role as Content Development Manager, Drew will take responsibility for content and technical development disciplines, coding standards and skills development within the RuneScape Team.

In Mods Osborne, Conor and Drew we have a really strong leadership team as we look forward to a stellar summer, Invention, RuneFest 2015 and our 15th anniversary celebrations next January. We have a special Developer Q&A planned with all three next week where we will be discussing future plans and updates and longer term aspirations for the game.

I, as Head of Studio, and Mod Mark, as overall studio Design Director, will still be giving guidance and ideas. but as our attention is spread across multiple development teams - including Chronicle, our upcoming RuneScape strategy card game - it will be Mods Osborne, Conor and Drew leading the day-to-day development of RuneScape.

Please join me and the RuneScape Team in congratulating them all.

Mod Pips

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/runescape-team-changes?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I'm happy Mod Osborne got promoted, he's got one of the most terrific personalities that I've ever witnessed. Fantastic man.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I'm happy Mod Osborne got promoted, he's got one of the most terrific personalities that I've ever witnessed. Fantastic man.

And a fantastic voice  :wub:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Ninja teaser time! This time its a double teaser.

Quest cape graphical rework much like the skill cape reworks with hoods as well. This one also has a slayer counter that was originally done in OSRS.

CGBgXzLUEAEgrtw.png

> slayer kill count left

oh my yes

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Here comes a question, I know I'll be mocked for it, but whatever, I'm no longer very active, so it's ok.

My question is how do I know what the rune dragons will be like if I don't play RuneScape? There is a reason I cancelled my membership, it was not only because I was scared, it was also because I clearly played RuneScape too much to the point that I couldn't properly focus on my videos. I have weeks of limited sleep. Most of the times I only slept for 2-4 hours, that's not good. Don't comment on this paragraph it's irrelevant. I won't play RuneScape again until I'm ready to focus, and I'm too scared to even post here, if any of you know of a more respectful community (not saying this one isn't) let me know. And no I don't want anything sugarcoated.

A new TH promotion for this weekend...Astromancer's outfit, lets you unlock outfit pieces and banners with regard to factions by allocating tokens. Oh and you can call down a meteor from the sky a certain number of times.

It seems like they did it about right this time. Relevant content and nothing too overpowered.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

They split the group chat into group group chat and group team chat?

Speaking of which, a friend and I tried to use that system to do the World Event yesterday. After around 10 minutes we abandoned it, hopped over, and did the event normally in a random group. This might sound like a crazy idea but making the group system work would be a better tweak.

The only other thing I see in there is Goblin Raids appearing as a news event and more XP milestones for friends, maybe grouping them as their own toggle down under the broadcast rather than a game message? That would be a nice improvement.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I think it is more like the total EXP announcement. The Chat denotes 3.5 million exp., but I do not think it was before.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Was part of the same thing.

Font size wasn't an issue when I had a 17in monitor running at 1280*1024, but when I'm playing on a 23in screen, its bloody hard to read.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Was part of the same thing.

Font size wasn't an issue when I had a 17in monitor running at 1280*1024, but when I'm playing on a 23in screen, its bloody hard to read.

I sometimes play on a 55" tv, I know your pain 2.39x over :P

• Like 1

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

I look forward to the billion total xp announcements update a lot. I am not that terrible far away from the 1B mark and it would be cool to broadcast it to my friends and the world I am on :).

And to hit 5,2B should definitely be broadcasted globally. It is a HUGE achievement.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

T90 tank armor confirmed from raids.

Raids confirmed DOA.

They need to remove typeless damage from the game in order to make tank armor worthwhile

• Like 1

Power armor has 5% less soak than tank. Thank needs a lot more, and power armor needs none

soak effect

God no.

Soak didn't work before. Why would it work this time? The values were all [bleep]ed up, there was no effective implementation across tiers, and it was just flat out unnecessary to the function of tanks.

Actually I disagree. Soak worked brilliantly in pre-eoc with Ganodermics. It suddenly became the way to go to use as magic armour. It was for example, ideal for fight caves versus Jad for those who couldn't really do it due to lag or ping issues. Furthermore it still had a hefty Magic attack bonusses to be comparable although it was still outclassed by Virtus of course. Next to that, due to the ease of accessing it, it wasn't that expensive. A couple of million at that time.

If the new armour would have a hefty soaking ability/set effect, it could be actually usable for a lot of bossing and thus a valued asset to the game.

Account Help