Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manneken_Pis

How odd it might sound, he's one of our most important things in the country. XD Next to that and fries, chocolate, beer and waffels.

Ontopic: I fear Jagex will still try to shoehorn in one of the remaining dragon items, but I hope they'll be given other special drops too. We all show how popular those Chaos Giants were...

I know what it is. I had several on Animal Crossing.

No clue what they could drop at this point. Knowing them they'll drop Ports items and manage to screw up their one popular minigame.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Everyone I hear speaking about Rune Dragons talks about them dropping 5 rune bars (well, most do), but as we've seen with Mithrils, those only drop 3 bars. I wouldn't be surprised if we only got one bar a dragon actually.

I know they won't drop five at a time, that would make smithing far too easy. I'm just wondering if I can kill at least 5 rune dragons a trip with mostly just sharks in my inventory.

I doubt they will be boss monsters though, but I'm sure they'll be harder to kill than mithril dragons.

Everyone I hear speaking about Rune Dragons talks about them dropping 5 rune bars (well, most do), but as we've seen with Mithrils, those only drop 3 bars. I wouldn't be surprised if we only got one bar a dragon actually.

I know they won't drop five at a time, that would make smithing far too easy. I'm just wondering if I can kill at least 5 rune dragons a trip with mostly just sharks in my inventory.

I doubt they will be boss monsters though, but I'm sure they'll be harder to kill than mithril dragons.

You need to beat Ritual of the Mahjarrat and actually have access to dragonbane ammunition to kill them. So no, you won't be able to kill them with your standard metal dragon setup.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Draconic Visage, dropped by all metalic dragons! :D

For Miss, maybe this is more impressive, our national pride: 

[hide]PISS MAN

784b955075660fda0f65d72eb560df79.jpg[/hide]

Maybe I just don't get the joke, but that seems like a piss poor attempt at humor, man :/.

Anyway, high alch prices are generally set for a very low price, just for completeness. I'm sure they never thought they would see the day dragon items hit alch values!

LOL, Manneke Piss is one of the most famous Belgium monuments, I don't live in Belgium, but the country next to it (the Netherlands), and I think nearly every Dutch person knows about that statue :P (Now I wonder if the Netherlands has one too... except for windmills, tulips and wooden clogs...)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Draconic Visage, dropped by all metalic dragons! :D

For Miss, maybe this is more impressive, our national pride: 

[hide]PISS MAN

784b955075660fda0f65d72eb560df79.jpg[/hide]

Maybe I just don't get the joke, but that seems like a piss poor attempt at humor, man :/.

Anyway, high alch prices are generally set for a very low price, just for completeness. I'm sure they never thought they would see the day dragon items hit alch values!

LOL, Manneke Piss is one of the most famous Belgium monuments, I don't live in Belgium, but the country next to it (the Netherlands), and I think nearly every Dutch person knows about that statue :P (Now I wonder if the Netherlands has one too... except for windmills, tulips and wooden clogs...)

light drugs and ladies of the night?

• Like 1
baileydafrog.png

I can almost guarantee you that Rune Dragons will drop 1 rune bar, and Adamant dragons will drop 2 adamant bars. At least that seems to be the logical way.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Or perhaps they will drop 5 runite dragon shards, and you need 10 of them to combine into a single bar. Hark

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I can almost guarantee you that Rune Dragons will drop 1 rune bar, and Adamant dragons will drop 2 adamant bars. At least that seems to be the logical way.

That makes a Dragon Dragon more plausible, as it would drop 0 dragon bars :3 (Though if there ever comes a new metallic dragon it will drop -1 bars... hmm)

• Like 1

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

"Your dragon weapon is consumed by the dragon's remains. RIP."

In other news, there are apparently new polls out on the Beta tweaks. They are available to all players members, apparently through accessing the beta, and are on whether the Legacy healing cap, PvP eating tweaks and PvP stun tweaks are ready or need more work.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

You need to beat Ritual of the Mahjarrat and actually have access to dragonbane ammunition to kill them. So no, you won't be able to kill them with your standard metal dragon setup.

That's disappointing.

It might be a bit odd that I prefer fighting monsters that I can kill easily, but I really like to get my monster log up quickly.

That's disappointing.

It might be a bit odd that I prefer fighting monsters that I can kill easily, but I really like to get my monster log up quickly.

you might be surprised how easy the higher monsters are to kill once you get used to them. Once you know a way that you find comfortable to kill them the kills will fly by and could end up enjoying more, always worth trying other things and giving them a chance.

baileydafrog.png

That's disappointing.

you might be surprised how easy the higher monsters are to kill once you get used to them. Once you know a way that you find comfortable to kill them the kills will fly by and could end up enjoying more, always worth trying other things and giving them a chance.

Well, I am certainly thinking about it. Challenge is after all a good thing.

So Wonder Bar is the TH update this weekend, allowing you to save up a certain amount of...something...to fill up the bar as you choose keys to get a prize from yellow+, orange+, or red+. Not a bad update on a relative scale, I guess - will allow people to "buy" some rare prizes over the weekend if they so choose.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Dev Blog: Chat System Improvements

Hi all, we're looking to make some improvements to the chat system, so let's get talking! We've had quite a few suggestions for various improvements to the chat system, however the chat system is quite complex and usually too big for ninja fixes. As such we want to dedicate a larger amount of time to removing as many annoyances as possible and generally improving the chatting experience!

We're currently very early in the design stages, compiling suggestions for improvements that players and jmods alike would like to see. We're not looking at technical feasibility yet - including on the ideas already listed here - so for now almost anything goes!

However there are some caveats - we don't have the resource to add new systems, so the following are examples of

things we won't be able to do:

Voice chat

Offline messaging

Mailboxes

Current idea list

Core chat box changes

We want to investigate making each of the chat boxes fully customisable - effectively all functioning like the all tab and putting the full control in your hands.

This would allow you to have something like:

Chat tab 1: Displaying public chat, private messages and clan chat.

Chat tab 2: Displaying game messages, trade requests, assist requests, etc...

Chat tab 3: Displaying guest clan chat and group chat.

Chat tab 4+: Not displayed at all.

Of course, being customisable this could be set up however you liked.

We're also aware of the desire for some larger fonts in the chatbox so we'll be investigating ways in which we can offer that.

Additionally players are hopping between different worlds and lobbies more than ever before, which makes it easy to miss messages as they get cleared. This is also something we'll investigate improvements to.

General Suggestions

Press tab multiple times to cycle through last pm targets

Allow right clicking on friends broadcast messages to send PMs

Split overhead public chat disabling into a seperate setting

Investigate better ways of highlighting when a message has been received in a non-active chat

Comp/max cape style colouring selection for chat colours

Some way of highlighting chat if your username is mentioned (togglable)

Show additional world info such as type next to a friends name in friends list or on tooltips

Replace the /, //, ///, etc... messaging shortcuts with something else. Suggestions welcome and encouraged!

Have /c, /p etc... work in the same way as // not switching the chat box.

Have an indiciation of who has a clan avatar

Allow the clan and FC name to be toggled out of messages to minimise space used, especially with timestamps enabled.

Addition of emoticons

Friends Chat Suggestions

Many of these are from a long-standing topic in the ninja forums, available here.

Have kick message visibility limited to certain ranks via a setting

Have a ban list seperated from the ignore list, which people can be removed from without waiting out the 60 minutes kick.

Icons next to peoples messages relating to rank (also to apply to clan chats)

Improved management of the setup list (search for player, sort by rank, etc...)

Owner able to assign ranks by right clicking in FC list

Allow permission setting similar to clan lists

Increase the maximum size

Multiple previously entered FC entries

Configurable join requirements: Combat level, total level, members/free, add more suggestions here!

Add a tooltip on rank icons to say what it is

What we need from you

We want to make sure we're going in the right direction, so we want your feedback on the current ideas and just as importantly any additional ideas you may have.

So get suggesting now!

Just to reiterate the technical feasibility of individual suggestions has not been investigated, so the information above is very likely to change during development.

Ninja Team

Link to the blog: [qfc]373-374-228-65621232[/qfc]

Added in link to the blog so if anyone has a suggestion they can instantly navigate to the correct forum :)

~Miss Lioness

Edited by Miss Lioness

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png