Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Spotlight: Artisan Workshop

Hi all!

You might remember some past ninja spot lights such as improvements to the circus and dungeoneering, where the ninjas focused intently on updating one area of the game at once, rather than the odd fix here and there.

We're aiming to start doing similar again, but with a slightly different approach. While the previous spotlights offered some big improvements, we may have spent a little too long on them. We will be aiming to spend 1-2 weeks on a batch of improvements, targeting the areas with the lowest development cost and the highest impact on gameplay and working through what we can.

The first area we're trialling this on is Artisan's Workshop, as it's quite self contained and in need of a bit of love!

Some of the current ideas we have are:

Make burial armour work in a similar manner to Hefin serenity posts

Look into adding off-hand ceremonial swords as potential rewards

Toggle to stop receiving perfect ceremonial sword if you don't want them

Make the withdraw ingots screen use the remembered selection, instead of resetting

Add quick-start options on the burial armour anvils

Additional/consumable uses for respect (suggestions welcome!)

Streamlining the creation process for ceremonial swords, reducing the number of clicks in making a sword.

Review the experience and cost balancing throughout all activities

Please note: None of the above ideas are guaranteed to be developed. We will review their priorities alongside your suggestions. So get your ideas in now and let us know which ones you'd really like to see!

This is a content development only spotlight, so won't be making any graphical changes with this update.

Ninja Team

Link to the spotlight: [qfc]373-374-494-65621230[/qfc]

Added in link to the blog so if anyone has a suggestion they can instantly navigate to the correct forum  :)

~Miss Lioness

Edited by Miss Lioness

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Wow the chat improvements look really good! I'm glad they are putting these suggestions into action. For now I've had to run de facto customized chat tabs, but I'm looking forward to full control tabs in the future.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

"We're also aware of the desire for some larger fonts in the chatbox so we'll be investigating ways in which we can offer that."

FINALLY I WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY PPB SOMETHING OTHER THAN A TINY SCREEN RESOLUTION

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Sad that the only thing I want to see from this chat-box update, offline messaging is not something they will be making (would also solve the problem of missing messages from accidentally logging out).

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Added in the links to the forums in the posts of Urza. So if anyone has a suggestion, you can now navigate and post the suggestion easier :)!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Jagex apparently wants to work on getting some versatility out of weapons. This pretty much means finding other uses for them than just stabbing things in the heart, smashing skulls and slicing off limbs. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/35svu3/jagex_mentioned_they_wanted_to_get_into_weapon/cr7ntuk

I don't know how successful they will be with this, but with invention looming it seems to be the year of innovation within runescape.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Those are definitely some good ideas, change ability effects/powers based on weapon type. Some are clearly overpowered but that can of course be worked on.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Those are definitely some good ideas, change ability effects/powers based on weapon type. Some are clearly overpowered but that can of course be worked on.

Its funny though that I always saw jagex moving towards abilities and weapon specials after the whip was released. I mean players doing 40-41 damage when your max hp was 99 was a good indicator of power creep getting too high. I didn't necessarily see them getting rid of the lp truncation, but I'm certain it was very foreseeable. I saw the liniar progression of power from weapons being released and only saw it fit that they work on versatility to win appeal for the less powerful items.

Sure you could range araxxor and avoid swipes, but what if it was the melee araxxor? You could use the scythe, a potential halberd item to stay just within reach of him and easily run out of the swipe. Thats just a shallow example of weapon versatility though...

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

TL;DW 067 - Q&A, Falador and D&D Improvements (self.runescape)

submitted 23 hours ago * by ItsSuitySuity

Release schedule

18th - Minigames spotlight release

25th - D&D Improvements

1st - Tuska

No active desert projects

June's RuneLabs criteria has not been fully determined

Probably looking at a medim-sized udpate

Release for Novemeber

Aiming Inventor for Nov/Dec so the RuneLabs release probably won't be skilling related

Ironman comp cape will be addressed

Group Bossing

Alternatives to requirements (like they did for achievements)

DW/2H Abilities for ranged/magic like there is for melee is in the backlog

Making ablities is expensive (need animations for entire weapon sets) which is why you don't get them as often

Weapon categories is something they slowly want to get into (eg Halberds have a higher range)

Still a chance to get the gamebreaker title

Seasonal hiscores will return but with possible changes

Hiding the hiscores gets more people taking part (eg Easter Event)

Maybe something more spontaneous (eg Collect cabbages for an hour, random broadcast)

More relevant to the week's update

NTX is hopefully released during later half of the year

Rebalanced quest bosses are in QA

Luring

The Luring incident recently on Reddit

The lure will be fixed next week

People involved in the lure have already have action taken against their accounts

The list of lures on Reddit are being investigated

Discussing whether to show rares to other players once dropped

Solomon's

A non-SGS world won't happen

Too many technical issues

Slows down updates

Maintenance

Instead they will design releases that are: Fitting to the game, Fun, Not a nuisance

People running around with them doesn't impact your gameplay

Bringing RS back to feel like a medieval fantasy

'With some recent stuff we have probably gone beyond what we should have'

Ninja Team

There is a 'shit-list' of items that will be getting niche uses back

God Books (changing to pocket slot with stat adjustments is something they were considering)

Defenders

Ninja team will make changes in the near future

Looking to put all toggles in one settings menu (in a bunch of batches)

Ninjas will do a clan update to streamline:

Getting into clans

Starting a new clan

Leaving a clan to join another

Other things such as improving avatars

Some permissions rewrite might be included

2 GE slots being added for members (1 for F2P)

Sceptre of the Gods requirement to wield changed to 1

Familiars can be renewed regardless of time remaining

D&D Improvements

Champions Challenge

Drop rate isn't being changed

No new champions

For every champion you have unlocked you can fight them again once a week to gain XP

XP is scaled to the difficulty of the champion and your stats

Leprechaun is available to all players

Leprechaun (500 HP; reduced from 800): 446 Slayer XP and HP XP

Glophren (17.4k HP; increased from 2.5k): 13,927 Slayer and HP XP

Rests with the weekly reset

Total XP is ~60k Slayer and HP XP per week if you have all scrolls

Skeletal Horror

50K HP; Level 91 (Scales to your stats)

Gives a guaranteed Elite clue every week

Phoenix Lair

Can run through now

Reborns no longer block walk (still do in quest though)

Removed delay on harvesting twigs

Reborns will probably be buffed to do more damage

All Phoenixs now give a passive firemaking level boost (doesn't matter so much for bonfiring)

Reborn Phoenix

Gives a chance to burn 2 logs at a bonfire instead of 1

Made same way as the current phoenix (but more shards and 2 phoenix quills)

Familiarisation

Removed RNG of the starting time

Once every two hours but always at the beginning of the two hours

Triple charms gives you a ticket so you can decide when to activate (no longer activates triple charms as soon as you finish familiarisation)

Court Cases

Removed the 14 day waiting time for Batch II cases

No longer have to do the tutorial case to start receiving cases

Slightly improved rewards

Bork

Varrock armour 4 now has a teleport to Bork option

Bork related rewards from Elite Varrock moved to Hard Varrock instead

Evil Tree

Buffed XP rates

After claiming rewards, Evil Tree stump will turn on fire for you to burn kindling for XP

Falador Improvements

Side project for the QA team (they work on it when they have nothing else to do)

Did testing a year ago but lost all the test cases so had to test everything again (reworking a city breaks all associated content)

Screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/aty0l/all

8LMt2rk.jpg

33UiM6V.jpg

dmw9cIq.jpg

h1ZGIty.jpg

lfmUXoA.jpg

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I don't really get why a graphical rework, like the one they have shown for Falador here, should break everything.

I can see like in a big top-to-toe remodel where things move etc I get why stuff would break.But this appears to just be a fairly simple texture-pack swap out for the most part.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't really get why a graphical rework, like the one they have shown for Falador here, should break everything.

I can see like in a big top-to-toe remodel where things move etc I get why stuff would break.But this appears to just be a fairly simple texture-pack swap out for the most part.

I would be willing to guess they redo some of the underlying structures and have to check for force walk tiles and stuff like that.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

If I recall, on private servers based on a 2005/6 build of the game, every interactable object in the game had a unique ID, like "Chop down Tree(2256)"

I would assume it would be a simple matter of remapping those to new interactable objects.. but then again, fally had its graphical rework done in 2006, so that may be hecka old.

On that note, would anyone be able to take some RS3/Oldschool screenshots of fally before it is changed? Because it hasn't changed since then.. :)

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Jagex apparently wants to work on getting some versatility out of weapons. This pretty much means finding other uses for them than just stabbing things in the heart, smashing skulls and slicing off limbs. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/35svu3/jagex_mentioned_they_wanted_to_get_into_weapon/cr7ntuk

I don't know how successful they will be with this, but with invention looming it seems to be the year of innovation within runescape.

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/c=FVU9ZfHWrHw/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?373,374,468,65619545

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/c=FVU9ZfHWrHw/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?260,261,874,65620824

Don't mind my shameless plugs but now I'm thinking scythe extension was already in the works lol

Also I think everyone already knows this but even when scythe is given reach I will still be overriding it with G-ZGS anyway  -_-  2h reach too strong

2dgucz6.png

It will be like abyssal whips all over again... "what bruh, you aint got no whip to make you hit 41s?" instead itll be "cant touch this duhhhh nah nah nah!..."

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

What is a non-SGS world? A world without saradomin-godswords? Doesn't make sense to me... so I don't get what SGS means :P

"NTX is hopefully released during later half of the year". This probably means we will see NXT in december-february... companies like to say "later half of the year" when they actually mean december, and of course there will be problems on the way so I expect february, though I hope much earlier...

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

What is a non-SGS world? A world without saradomin-godswords? Doesn't make sense to me... so I don't get what SGS means :P

"NTX is hopefully released during later half of the year". This probably means we will see NXT in december-february... companies like to say "later half of the year" when they actually mean december, and of course there will be problems on the way so I expect february, though I hope much earlier...

I assume that was sarcasm, right? :lol:

I think we as players should stand up and make this happen. In the roleplaying worlds from now on, we act as if Solomon was a dictator overthrown by the players and boycott the stuff there. Anyone dressed in Solomon's items or using them is an enemy hellbent on delivering the world back into the hands of the profiteer Solomon. Then we return to world 2/3/whatever and take out the Drake pets again because, well, 7 bonds was expensive. Who's with me?!

If I recall, on private servers based on a 2005/6 build of the game, every interactable object in the game had a unique ID, like "Chop down Tree(2256)"

I would assume it would be a simple matter of remapping those to new interactable objects.. but then again, fally had its graphical rework done in 2006, so that may be hecka old.

On that note, would anyone be able to take some RS3/Oldschool screenshots of fally before it is changed? Because it hasn't changed since then.. :)

Get a bot client and you can confirm that its still the case  :lol:

to any mods out there don't give me shit for this when Orion is okay to talk about

Curiosity killed the cat...err, RuneScaper. I don't know how well "I was just using a bot client to check interactable elements" will fly if something were to happen to someone's account as a consequence.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

^lol, no I somehow missed the bold heading "solomon" above that line -.-" not sure how, but it is clear now :3 also we don't need no solomon worlds, we need a no solomon runescape. Or at least keep the stuff that is not necessary in solomon and put all the things that actually influence the games (portable stuff for example, which I find horrible) and make that something that you can earn in game... If some new player would come to runescape (apart from getting spammed to become a member) he/she would get bombarded with spam for solomon, spins and stuff like that... That would make me doubt if I would want to play a game like that (especially after playing some mobile games...). They don't seem to understand that it will hurt in the long run, yes it brings quick cash, but please invest the money and time in things players actually want.

Retired item crew

I'm inclined to give that update a nod as it fills out the t70 crossbow slot properly, but I am not sure it should be deemed a 'ninja' project. I wonder what the GE baseline is going to be, given that it's a new item they are releasing...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I'm inclined to give that update a nod as it fills out the t70 crossbow slot properly, but I am not sure it should be deemed a 'ninja' project. I wonder what the GE baseline is going to be, given that it's a new item they are releasing...

Probably ridiculously stupid compared to its counterpart. I'm wondering if we will see anything else from this...

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I mean knowing Jagex they'll put in a GE price of 10 million. Although it could (read: probably will) explode on release and subsequently crash because, you know, everyone will want one for fashion.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

The trouble with them speaking in years is they are so fluid with calendar year vs financial year instead of sticking to just one. Later half of year with such ambiguity basically means July-March - Jul-Dec for calendar, oct-mar for financial.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue