Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Making things easier is not necessarily good for the game. In the current case of armor, it's really not necessary. Tweak in between tiers to balance powerlevel, but making everything easier across the board does not help in the long run.

hzvjpwS.gif

Actually I disagree. Soak worked brilliantly in pre-eoc with Ganodermics. It suddenly became the way to go to use as magic armour. It was for example, ideal for fight caves versus Jad for those who couldn't really do it due to lag or ping issues. Furthermore it still had a hefty Magic attack bonusses to be comparable although it was still outclassed by Virtus of course. Next to that, due to the ease of accessing it, it wasn't that expensive. A couple of million at that time.

Part of that might be that every other piece of armor had a completely negligible soak score

I hope runite dragons drop a piece of jewelry that make runite t9 armour

It's confirmed T90 tank is coming from Raids

Ruen Dragons =/= Raids

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I am hypothesizing that jagex is using raids as a means to push their pvm to new levels. I called and expected jagex to bring the likes of nex and vorago with multiple phases. Now i think jagex is bringing us a piece of content involving fights with multiple stages with different phases each.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

A new addition to the Adventures Log teased by Mod Phillip on twitter:

He also has some NXT client images here:

http://m.imgur.com/a/yuUYx

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Compliments to ItsSuity on reddit for this:

Lumbridge Beach

Started as a 'party pack' for Solomon's but grew in size

Bring buckets of sand to Reyna (beach coordinator) to fill the crater

Once completed, the centre will be full of water surrounded by beach activities

Each activity will be a great way to train skills

- Ranged: Coconut Shy

- Construction: Sandcastle building

- Cooking: Beach BBQs

- and more

Skilling at the beach will be capped

Every 15mins sun will shine on an activity (spotlights) granting extra XP

Boss:

Repeatable

Erupts from the middle

Rewards

- Ice creams: Resets skilling cap

- Cocktails: Grants XP buffs (usable anywhere)

- Anti-sun potions: Grants XP buffs (only on beach)

- Beach rares

Beach Rares:

Items, emotes and titles (tradeable on GE)

Available from

- All skilling locations

- Boss

- Vendors (for Runecoins)

D&D:

Varirty of D&Ds (through Bamboo portals

Stage for JMods to hold events/showcases

Beach themed Gielinor sports

Art:

Az2EM6I.jpg

Vf1O8Gc.jpg

dd0E6Wy.jpg

HwDQgJT.jpg

Beach Party Dev Blog:

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?16,17,419,65635792

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Thanks again to ItsSuity on reddit for supplying a TL;DR of the sttream:

Q&A + Addy/Rune Dragons

Edgeville Monastery:

Da67jml.jpg

3EQ4nSo.jpg

Concept art is two years old

Something they might do in the future

Signature Heroes

Not going to see much of the Raptor this year

Heroes will probably feature again soon

Adding a grim gem to the slayer helm is possible but will be a pain

The Dukes team will do the high level mobs RuneLabs update

Bringing back RSC style 'duel anywhere' right click option (safe deaths)

Won't make spawn rates static like OSRS

Scaling spawns are a good thing

Will instead increase the base spawn rate and let it scale better

Tweet ninja team to let them know where spawn rates are too slow

New GWD maybe next year

Ninja team will be updating guilds in the future

Raids:

T90 tank gear with set effects

Tradeable and non tradeable versions (like Ports)

Mod Phillip will be making a Twitter account to release NTX pictures/updates

piPad:

Northern Entrance to Shilo Village

One way entrance to avoid nature running is their preferred choice

Adamant/Runite Dragons:

- Adamant Dragons screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/OZ5ZI (8 images)

- Rune Dragons screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/4NuK9 (5 images)

Locations

- Addy: Brimhaven Dungeon

- Rune: World Gate

Gain 10k FM XP for discharging dragonfire on the mural in Brimhaven (Mural in Kethsi as well)

No Comp reqs

70, 80, 90 Slayer rooms for Adamant dragons

Reqs for rune dragons

- Ritual of the Mahjarrat

- Fate of the Gods

Drop two addy bars/one rune bar

Early bird bonus increasing:

- Slayer task frequency

- Spawn rate

- Elite spawn chance

Can kill off-task

Only elites drop boot upgrades off task

Non-elites only drop boot upgrades on task

All other drops remain unchanged by slayer task

Single way aggression

Non-instanced

Slayer assignment

- Addy: Kuradal (25-30) and Morvran (30-40)

- Rune: Morvran (50-75)

Increasing the KC for mithril dragon assignments (Kuradal: 30-35; Morvran 30-50)

High resistances to everything except dragonbane

Small use for the anti dragon shield in terms of mechanics

Shield + Super Anti will not give 100% protection

Access to a Kethsi resembling outfit via some rune dragon drops

Rune dragons have three phases

- Phase one requires dbane to break their armour

Bones

Adamant dragon bones (40XP more than Ourg bones)

Rune dragon bones (10XP more than Frost dragon bones)

Elite Rune dragons have better drops and unique drops

Kethsi ring (5) (Teleportation and damage boost)

T90 Power Boots

Rune dragons drop attachments for Galcor boots (Tradeable)

- Steadfast scales (makes Emberkeen boots)

- Glaiven wing-tips (makes Flarefrost boots)

- Ragefire glands (makes Hailfire boots)

Requires two attachments per upgrade

Degrade back to Glacor boots losing the attachment unless you keep it repaired

Same duration as T90 gloves

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Ninja teaser of the week:

aXPPYw2.png

Herbicide will broadcast what herbs you destroy. Not exactly interesting, but a very small QOL update to keep us in the know on whats happening.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

NXT looks good. I just hope it isn't too dark, like the current client is on max graphics

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The problem with showing us NXT teasers is it isn't the quality we should be concerned for... It should be the frame rates, server response times and probably the load times.

Some xp waster will probably cry hard about reset load issues too.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The Invention+Elite skills podcast is out now. Here's the summary from reddit:

The current thoughts seem to be:

Invention is a combination of 3 skills, wiill require level 80 in all 3 to unlock it.

Invention is seen as a synthesis. The player has been to all these different cultures and seen their technology...Elves with Crystal, Dwarves with their metals, Cave Goblins with their lightning/electricity, etc. This will be the player combining that knowledge+knowledge of divine energy to create new tech.

Coming in batches. So, it might release dwarves+goblin tech on release. Another batch might be focused on elven crystals, etc.

Elite Skills are gonna be from level 1 up to level 120. Elite tends to make players think of 120's so they'll stick with that.

Elite skills will be right next to the other skill levels on the skills interface. They'll be required for max and comp.

There are both physical and metaphysical components to invention. You can break down maple bows to get wood shards or whatever that are guaranteed every breakdown. But you might also get "essences" from breaking things down. Like breaking down a sword might have a rare chance at the "essence of sharpness". Breaking down a fish might give both the biological components and "essence of healthiness" etc.

They've kind of ditched the whole "name your weapon thing" and there also won't be as much focus on customizing for looks. They want to focus more on practical effects. The items will change looks as you go though.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Those are new skills right? Not taking all of the existing ones and pushing to 120 I hope. :ohnoes:

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

If I have to grind to 104m xp in three new skills for max.. I'm done with this game. Only just got comp. Another 99 is fine. A 120, no.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Yeah they didn't say all skills.

Basically new elite skills will be 1 to 120

You will need around level 80 in 2+ specific skills to unlock an elite skill - which is a combination of them in new ways.

Then you get to train the elite skill from 1-120.

For now the only elite skill in dev is invention.

Worth noting with the fact they go to 120 is they would be balanced around that - its not gonna be like fishing or cooking xp rates itll be more like dg rates.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Worth noting with the fact they go to 120 is they would be balanced around that - its not gonna be like fishing or cooking xp rates itll be more like dg rates.

You have a fair bit more confidence in their ability to avoid padding than I do

Starting it at 2 80s is a bit of an odd choice, too. How will the early levels work? Maybe focus on components and techniques, so that you don't just blow past them?

• Like 1

A new addition to the Adventures Log teased by Mod Phillip on twitter:

He also has some NXT client images here:

http://m.imgur.com/a/yuUYx

I haven't been following the updates too closely, can someone explain this to me?

The Invention+Elite skills podcast is out now. Here's the summary from reddit:

The current thoughts seem to be:

Invention is a combination of 3 skills, wiill require level 80 in all 3 to unlock it.

Invention is seen as a synthesis. The player has been to all these different cultures and seen their technology...Elves with Crystal, Dwarves with their metals, Cave Goblins with their lightning/electricity, etc. This will be the player combining that knowledge+knowledge of divine energy to create new tech.

Coming in batches. So, it might release dwarves+goblin tech on release. Another batch might be focused on elven crystals, etc.

Elite Skills are gonna be from level 1 up to level 120. Elite tends to make players think of 120's so they'll stick with that.

Elite skills will be right next to the other skill levels on the skills interface. They'll be required for max and comp.

There are both physical and metaphysical components to invention. You can break down maple bows to get wood shards or whatever that are guaranteed every breakdown. But you might also get "essences" from breaking things down. Like breaking down a sword might have a rare chance at the "essence of sharpness". Breaking down a fish might give both the biological components and "essence of healthiness" etc.

They've kind of ditched the whole "name your weapon thing" and there also won't be as much focus on customizing for looks. They want to focus more on practical effects. The items will change looks as you go though.

I won't need to get all skills to 120 will I, for max??

You have a fair bit more confidence in their ability to avoid padding than I do

Starting it at 2 80s is a bit of an odd choice, too. How will the early levels work? Maybe focus on components and techniques, so that you don't just blow past them?

I'm curious about this as well

Also can someone remind me of a general release date for inventor?

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

now, say, if they had made invention first, as an elite skill, then started to make more of those, and built elf city to be a massive collection of elite guilds BASED ON THOSE ELITE SKILLS, elf city would have made like, five times more sense

8f14270694.jpg

Oh god, I thought this Invention nonsense had gone away. Apparently, it's came back worse than before.

120s are better than this xp waste nonsense. I would rather have my xp chopped up in level format than brainless grinding. I can't see how this communities shallow thought process could have lapsed on this.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Jagex's thought process:

>Our players think 120s are prestigious ("elite")
>So, let's make 3 skills go up to 120!
>Oh wait, that will be way too hard.
>Let's make them easier and still call it 120s! (and sneak in TH promotions later!)

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I have gone and listened and created a more list and bullet style tl;dr:

Invention and Elite Skills Podcast

Invention:

Invention is a kill at its core design

Want more "strategy" in use of weapons

They see invention as a mechanic better suited for the higher levels

Currently in prototype stage

How much of an item sink it will be is dependent on how many items you will have to break up to create one item of output

You can expect passive effects added to t90 gear from breaking them down and adding them to existing t90 gear

Gear that is t75 and up will have levelable effects to them that are generally passive and at certain levels you can add perks to them

- Example: leveling your Sea Singer Kiba might earn you passives that increase base damage which was discussed as an example in earlier Q&A's, but as you level you'll get more options to to choose from in perks that could fill a variety of tactical uses.

They have has two brain-storming sessions for passives, perks and inventions

- Mod osborne shared one that one perk would let you tune your weapon to a specific ability letting you amplify that abilities effects

Aesthetics are not a focus due to overrides coming from solomons, gfx budget increases, etc.

Buyable in a sense you have to obtain the items to break down

Godless and invention has been slightly uncoupled

Inventions story based on tech trees

- Goblin

- Elves

- Dwarves

- Gnomes

Invention powered by energy and battery-like items

Invention is more of a synthesis more than innovation

Not all items you obtain can be broken down

Materials from breaking down items will be of common, uncommon and rare.

Two types of items obtained:

- Materials

- Essence

Possible to obtain certain parts used for different purposes such as:

- Tension parts

- Support parts

You may obtain lots of parts and it may seem like an overabundance, but recipes will require you to use large quantities

Invention breaks the barriers of what invention would most likely be and brings in a metaphysical aspect of essence:

-Essence of healthiness from potions, food, etc.

Invention will be released in multiple batches

- Releases broken up by tech trees (elf, dwarf, goblin and gnome)

- Initial release will give you whats needed to hit 120

Will need 120 to wear completionist cape

Trim requirement requires everything unlocked and created

Personalized items are not deemed important for invention

Three month amnesty before bonus experience can be used on it

Invention seen as a necessity for the game to combat the stagnant player present at the end game level:

- Recognizing player fatigue

- Players using the same load-outs

- Using the same items to level skills

Elite skills:

Haven't moved away from the notion of making new skills

Elite skills require at least two core skills at level 80

Elite skills seen as the "end game" for skillers

Still leveled the same with experience

Very content rich with each level holding something new

Making the elite skills go from 1-120 is due to player expectation behind the meaning of 'elite'

Recognizing there will be tention

- Xp needed to level

- Amount of levels to populate with content

They want leveling up to mean something more than just 'unlocking something' with the potential to:

- Refresh cooldowns

- Reduced costs to leveling as you level

- Unlock a set amount of xp, energy, commodity or currency

Xp curves are being looked at

- Leveling will be satisfying

- Different from the traditional leveling experience

- Not doing items for 83 xp each for a level requiring over one million xp to level

- Will not be as exponentially harsh as it feels right now

Elite skills takes something existing and make it mechanically interesting

Takes something like crafting and takes it into a more granular and strategic way

Elite skill concept seems to be a way of fusing skills together

- Example: prayer and magic used together to have necromancy

Elite skill levels will be on your stat screen and added into your total level

Requires you to build a system to add things into/onto versus the traditional repetitive creation

Skill reworks not forgotten

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

now, say, if they had made invention first, as an elite skill, then started to make more of those, and built elf city to be a massive collection of elite guilds BASED ON THOSE ELITE SKILLS, elf city would have made like, five times more sense

It's a high level hub and I'm fine with that tbh

edit: who's to say they won't introduce another big city?

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

They stated that 92 will not be half way to level 99, so the XP most definitely will NOT be 104m for 120 in those Elite skills. It will be less than that. Lets cut down on the panic and the anger until we know more from the upcoming Dev blog.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid