Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Another seemingly bland TL;DR, but from Im Rubic this time:

Balthazar's Big Raffle

- Bugs were to be expected due to poor planning but they have all been fixed.

- Bathalsar's Bargian Barrel will give random prizes starting from October 1st and will last the entire month.

- For every 5 tickets you get a rummage token.

Newspost

Blood Dye

- If the Blood Dye idea, obtains 2,000 supporters they will implement it.

5c98b443866a032783d8d9d17ceb132a.png

Combat Related Questions

- There will be no slayer task for General Graardor and Zilyana.

- No Eta for Duel anywhere as it's been put on hold.

- Attention moved to something that will be revealed before Runefest.

- Rise of the Six Shields are being looked at and will be adjusted.

- Defenders and Godbooks will begin development soon.

- No plans for unarmed spell-casting to returned.

- Boss Instance's slowest spawn rate is being look into and may be allowed in for free.

- They are willing to add tiers of equipment at intermediate levels such as level 93.

- Equipment stats won't be limited to 99, which means multiple sets of equipment can require a level 99 stat.

- The re-scaling of npcs is not in the works due to large amount of balancing that would need to be done.

Goebie Quest

- Goebie Quest stream September 15th

- Mod Deg will be there.

- Release Date: Soon TM

- The quest will be a break from the god quests and will be more down to earth.

The Light Within/Elf Prayer & Spells

- Eluned decision effected Seren which could effect choices in future quests.

- Seren could be used in other story-lines, not just the elder god quest line. Especially due to her relations with Guthix and Zaros.

- Crystalise doesn't work on Grenwalls because it was overpowered.

They may re-add a nerfed version sometime later.

Ninja Team

- Ninja Spotlights have been replaced by projects for the most part, but they may happen on occasion.

- You cannot see the Ninja backlog due to it frequently being changed and possible disappointment that an idea isn't being worked on.

- There are two types of back lists: Ninja fixes, and Ninja Projects

- Kelpie wants to do a Ninja spotlight focused on Clan Avatars.

Remove Anagogic Orts.

Make the xp benefit from clan avatars a permanent feature so you can use their other abilities.

Runelabs

- Runelabs scores won't be reset for awhile.

They will be reset in the future as more open periods come up.

- RuneLab plans for next year will be discussed at Runefest.

Seasonal Hiscores

- It is NOT against the rules to kill a friends alternate accounts, however, it's not in the spirit of the game.

- It IS against the rules to kill your own alternate accounts.

- Kelpie regrets returning the seasonal hiscores.

Titles

- Titles won't be freely given out as often, they want them to be achievements.

- Rise of the Six titles are not being looked at.

Other

- Church of You is an idea and not a confirmation.

- Old inventory pets will not be moved to the Pet's tab in the Hero's Interface won't be done due to spaghetti code.

- Spirit of Battle will not be added to the Thaler shop because it's overpowered.

- PIN issues in certain areas such as the Red Portal at Clan Wars will be looked into.

- No additional boss portal will be added to the max guild/garden.

- Hardcap of 2,000 players per world will not be changed.

- Good Morning Gielinor has been delayed to Wednesday 8:30 UTC (game time.)

Quick Fire Ninja

- XP from extra herbs: Nope

- Ninja Backlog: Nope

- Quickchat for champ scrolls: Sure

- Wizard Guild Teleport to Combat Bracelet: Maybe

- First Age Amulet retrain xp benefit of Dragonfire amulet: No, they prefer variety.

- Area with D&D portals at the beach: No plans, but may come with other events.

- Gem directly to bank from bank: Maybe

- Crystal Blossoms: No plans

- Defender+Godbooks: No Eta/Development

- Buckets and Plantpot desutrction: Yes

- Quest Master Cape: Hopeful for this year.

- Games rooms for f2p: Yes

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Found some teasers on reddit that haven't been shared:

Here is an invention that we can create: Pie maker

iNBZt6j.png

I really don't see this as being useful to high level players... Help enlighten me?

Drakens castle:

FT9B8yD.png

Vampyre alphabet:

hCCtmDj.png

I showed you the starfury sets you could obtain, but apparently there is a cloak to go alongside it as well:

0INQX8m.png

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Clan avatar plans are nice. If only they could manage to untie avatars and admin permissions, though...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Clan avatar plans are nice. If only they could manage to untie avatars and admin permissions, though...

They could just create a list of players with permission to take the avatar.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think the way it's coded, it's not that simple - such a list would have to be a subset of avatar wardens or admin ranks, which of course defeats the purpose. I could be wrong though, feel free to pass it on and ask them :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I think the way it's coded, it's not that simple - such a list would have to be a subset of avatar wardens or admin ranks, which of course defeats the purpose. I could be wrong though, feel free to pass it on and ask them :P.

How would it defeat the purpose when you would have a list of people that could be changed at a whim and don't necessarily need a rank to pull the avatar. Instead the players could be marked as a 'trusted' clan member with access to the avatar. This way the members don't have to worry about a rogue player hogging the avatar for purely personal gains. It could have its issues though especially with coding. Up until recently jagex hasn't exactly been using friendly coding allowing for implementation of newest aspects to older content which has posed an issue for smart development time consumption.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

How would it defeat the purpose when you would have a list of people that could be changed at a whim and don't necessarily need a rank to pull the avatar. Instead the players could be marked as a 'trusted' clan member with access to the avatar. This way the members don't have to worry about a rogue player hogging the avatar for purely personal gains. It could have its issues though especially with coding. Up until recently jagex hasn't exactly been using friendly coding allowing for implementation of newest aspects to older content which has posed an issue for smart development time consumption.

I think his point was the way its coded it is self-defeating in terms of workload to try and do.

The way the spaghetti code of clan permissions is you have to have admin rights to have avatar and there is no way round it.

Therefore to separate the two in existing code levels you'd have to separate some of the automatic 'admins have these powers' into something that can be turned off AND then make it so every rank has admin powers.

Which just opens cans of worms for glitches and abuses and such and would be a lot of work to implement.

And would take such a lot of time to do for one minor change it isn't worth doing just for that.

Instead it would be a better use of time to rework clan permissions from the ground up to make them all work better - ie making it so any rank can be given any power (bar a select few obvious leader only kinda things) and making it so some powers can be awarded to specific accounts rather than a whole rank.

The former method would get it to us in a quicker smaller project but you are just making the spaghetti code worse which is counter intuitive for making clan permissions work better at a later date.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The pie maker will be nice especially if they add more pies. But honestly, pie-make spell is a cool way to make pies when you aren't 99 cook or 99 magic. A little expensive and time consuming to make the raw pies, but you don't burn any of the pies and the xp is decent imo

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Elite combat mob teasers are up on reddit compliments to mod JD:

Wyverns:

COZQLUYW8AAMrvS.jpg

Mammoths:

COZQLNbWsAAj9e-.jpg

Ripper Demons:

COZQLEMWsAAqbwh.jpg

Camels (more like Cool Joe meets centaur)

COZQK9dWEAAr2Hf.jpg

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Quite impressive concept art, as always. I'd quite like it if the mammoths were connected to Tuska's forces, although I realize that wasn't the 'initial' (announcement/teaser years ago) idea. Although, I'm pretty certain that there's been concept art of mammoth-like bipedal combatants for Tuska, so maybe I'm simply wondering what became of  that..

2dgucz6.png

Quite impressive concept art, as always. I'd quite like it if the mammoths were connected to Tuska's forces, although I realize that wasn't the 'initial' (announcement/teaser years ago) idea. Although, I'm pretty certain that there's been concept art of mammoth-like bipedal combatants for Tuska, so maybe I'm simply wondering what became of  that..

Only Tuska related concept art around is airut, airut and more airut.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I somehow thought the ripper demons would be more impressive looking, but honestly I am quite satisfied with how it looks. It is simple yet menacing while having the look of what a "ripper" demon would potentially look like. I guess I was thinking they would look more like the concept art of Draken as far as the menacing part goes.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Elite combat mob teasers are up on reddit compliments to mod JD:

Wyverns:

COZQLUYW8AAMrvS.jpg

Mammoths:

COZQLNbWsAAj9e-.jpg

Ripper Demons:

COZQLEMWsAAqbwh.jpg

Wyverns look cool, would be cooler if that was QBD imo.

Did no one else notice (because I don't see it mentioned) the penguins on the bigger mammoth's back? :P

as for the ripper, something about it has me feeling as though it's lacking

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

The vampyre quest drops next week from what the stream mentioned. There is a tl;dr on reddit i havent bothered to post yet with that information.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Compliments to Im Ruber for covering ItsSuity:

Full Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/runescape/v/15060857

To the Puppet Show!

Bloom Problems

- It's not a bloom problem, it's an anti-aliasing issue.

- Use OpenGL instead of Direct X or turn off anti-aliasing.

- Fix is coming Soon

September Release Schedule

- 14th: The Lord of Vampyrium (Quest)

- 21st: Elf City Waterfall Fishing

Other:

Balthazar's Big Raffle

- Chance of 100m gp: 0.3 %

- Chance of Protean: 95%

- Death darts: 30%

- Chance of Spring Cleaner: 12%

- Chance of Golden Barrows: 5%

Mod Tony is celebrating 10 years at Jagex.

Mod Raven is now the lead developer. (He's an overloud).

Jagex will go over the validity of skills becoming elite skills vs normal skills, and will be open to discussions.

If they did Sailing, it would be different than Oldschool, and different from Player Owned Ports.

- Exploration is a missing concept in Runescape which Sailing could fulfill.

They are still plans for Raids, but they want to finish the ones within Mazcab before moving to other worlds.

Dahmaroc and Rhiannon had a fierce rivalry in the past.

If you have suggestions on how to improve firemaking, go to Runelabs

Hefin Agility Course daily challenge will be a lower priority than the higher level courses because it requires 77 agility to access. But, Jagex may look into changing it.

Golden Barrows will not be re-obtainable after destroyed or lost.

- Disagree? Go to this person: Mod Kelpie

Ectotokens have no plans for an extra use, but they have thought of possibly adding some interaction in the Halloween Event.

There are no plans to make Thieving act like it does in the Elf City.

Mod Deg is planning on adding something in regards to Goebie Burial Chance.

It is literally not possible to swap Seren clan symbols with other players.

Jagex is willing to add journals/books from various quests in one batch, therefore they are welcome to suggestions.

No current information on the re-work instance cost for ironmen.

- Bug this person for progress: Rod Mamen

They are plans to add more guidelines for ironmen.

Timbo Time

Question and Response:

In Herblore Habitat, could you remove the chat box when finally receiving a trap. Probably.

In Herblore Habitat could you allow the use of seedicide while hunting. Maybe

Right click to box, net, and Marasamaw plant to reset to trap. Yes.

Could you make it so the left click on chinchompas/skillchompas isn't attack. Maybe.

Can Tirannwn - Properly Metal task reward run that requires 15+ waves in Rush of Blood be included in trial runs. No.

Please remove the chatbox every-time you catch butterflies in Giant Chinchompa D&D. Yes.

Could you allow players to trade Golden Warpriest/Barrow parts for other parts with each-other. No, blame Mod Kelpie.

Can the Dragonclaw special attack be added to chaotic claws? No.

Can the option that turns off Prawn Bawls also prevent players from using crackers on us. Maybe.

Can you make metal dragons a single slayer tasks so you can choose. No.

Quests

There most likely won't be another Meeting History type of quest.

There are no plans to introduce the history of Hill Giants in a Quest.

Sleeping Dog - Jagex's working title for The World Wakes

Purple Rose - Jagex's working title for The Fate of the Gods

Rite of Passage - Jagex's working title for the Goebie Quest. Kappa Kappa Kappa

They have plans to make the Quest List more accessible (like it used to be), but for the time being they aren't able to.

Elf City Waterfall Fishing

Runelab Idea

Elf City Waterfall Fishing! by Ferenc2017

In-game Stream Teaser

Release Date: September 21st, The week of the Anniversary of Part 1 of the Elf City.

Location: Waterfall in Elf City between the Meilyr and Cryws Clans.

You Grapple up, and can make a shortcut like other grapples to reach the platforms.

There are Low, Medium, and High fishing spots that reward you with Crystal Urchins.

90 Agility to access the platform, initial rocks have no requirement.

- Low Platform: 93 Fishing

- Medium Platform: 95 Fishing

- High Platform: 97 Fishing

Xp Rates: 190k an hour with all bonus effects (crystallize, aura, familiar, etc..)

You can get:

- Agility Xp from traveling to the platforms.

- Strength Xp from random events.

- Fishing Xp from fishing.

Waterfall Fishing will NOT take into effect/be included in:

- The Aquarium

- Voice of Seren

- Completionist/Trimmed Requirements

- New song/music

Waterfall Fishing WILL include/interact with

- Fury Shark Outfit

- Fishing Urns

- Daily Challenges (being considered)

- Normal Strange Rocks

3 Random Events:

- Geyser Sprays urchins all over the different platforms

- Giant urchins which will be near fishing platforms so multiple people can pull it out

- Leaping urchins which people can try to catch.

The Urchins allow you to buy stuff, and they cannot be used as food.

Grind Big Urchins for an ingredient for a Perfect Juju Fishing potion.

Crystal Fishing Rod, on crystal tool seed, increase chance to catch any fish that require a rod

Low chance per catch to catch a Hermit Crab Pet - Give it different shells, 5 in total.

Prices may change!!!

Item and Cost

- Crystal Fishing Rod: 500

- Master Fisherman/woman Title: 500

- Boots: 500

- Chest: 100

- Coral: 50

- Nautilus: 25

- Shell: 25

- Fishing lamp: 100

The shop is located at the base of the waterfall.

Crystal urchin Points: Large urchins are worth more than smaller ones.

The water exists due to: maybe Magic?!?!/pressurized spring/Mod Jesus did it.

Elite Mobs

RuneLab Ideas

- Level 142 Camel Monster by Syrus Coy

- Ripper Demon (97 Slayer) by Omnis

- Living Wyverns (96 Slayer) by Archy Time

- Acheron Mammoths - High Level Mobs by Adelunth

Please Note these are all ideas, nothing here (including the concept art) is guaranteed.

Concept 1: Camel Monster

- Minions of Akthanakos; Not just warriors but they are intelligent conversationalist.

- Unique combat mechanics

- They will use Ancient Magicks

- Mirage mechanics: They will split apart into 3 warriors

Concept 2: Ripper Demons

- Lores and Histories: The Song From Before The War

- Blood Frenzy Mechanics

- The lower health you are, the more likely you are to be slaughtered.

- Prioritize the lowest health person and dog-pile them.

Concept 3: Living Wyverns

- Located in the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon

- Poison and Cold Mechanics

- More damage from poison with no cold effect.

- More damage from cold with no poison effect.

Concept 4: Acheron Mammoths

- Normal one is on the left.

- They are noble species who made the armor themselves, and you challenge them to a gentleman's duel.

- Elite one is on the right.

- May not exist, but it's cool looking.

Halloween Teasers

Runelab Idea:

- Icthlarin vs Amascut - Mini World Event by Cinder Quill

Amascut's Avatar is the boss in the halloween event.

- It will be the gateway at the top of the bridge over the river called Mahna Mahnam?

Icthlarin at top bridge holding it shut to prevent the avatar from getting out.

Players will be collecting souls and escort them on top of the bridge.

Once enough souls have been gathered, the avatar comes out, and there's an epic fight at the top.

The fight will be like Clawdia, where it's optional.

There will be a live-stream later before the update goes live.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I somehow thought the ripper demons would be more impressive looking, but honestly I am quite satisfied with how it looks. It is simple yet menacing while having the look of what a "ripper" demon would potentially look like. I guess I was thinking they would look more like the concept art of Draken as far as the menacing part goes.

not bad work, it looks exactly like the quest costume, except not made of leather and knives and is actually flesh

as for there not being another meeting history style quest...they've forgotten about robert's letter, haven't they

time loop needs to be closed, guys

8f14270694.jpg

not bad work, it looks exactly like the quest costume, except not made of leather and knives and is actually flesh

as for there not being another meeting history style quest...they've forgotten about robert's letter, haven't they

time loop needs to be closed, guys

tbf you don't need another meeting history type quest to resolve roberts letter.

All you need to resolve that is a route that sees Robert returned as a human - i'd assumed extracted from Bob rather than Bob dies reincarnate again.

Then some nice dialogue explaining how through some mystical means Robert knew of the coming of the adventurer and that they'd be destined to meet.

Plv6Dz6.jpg