Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

A few updates on this thread:

Latest ninja teaser:

More toggles for containers I guess... Not really worthy of mentioning. I just hope that another ninja update next week outshines this one.

CR2ZWN6W0AAznwM.jpg

And now for some stream information...

Falador Rework:

- Received really well.

- Not much development time was put in for the invasion.

- We may try to bring it into Darkscape

- Information regarding the Giant Mole was worded incorrectly.

We meant doubling the quantity, not double rolls.

Gielinor Games:

- Very likely to come out next year.

- We are not associated with the Olympics, merely coincidence ;)

- Probably no cheese-rolling this time around.

Ninja Back-Log:

- The Ninja back log takes a long time to get through

- There are more updates that are suggested than we can produced.

- Go to Runelabs and gather support if you want something to come out sooner.

- Boss Pet Overrides

It's on the back-log.

Strawpoll: http://strawpoll.me/5785845/r

- F2p offhands

It's on the back-log.

- Night-day cycles

Just bug it with your POH for now.

It's on the backlog to aid players doing the above, but more focused for video-makers.

It won't be added as a feature due to contradictions with the game world.

- Mod doctor is currently working on allowing you to use the arrows keys for slide puzzles.

Quests:

- Novice quests do tend to focus on the story more than the difficulty.

- The Goebie quest did this.

- The Tutorial Island underwater quest should do this as well.

Might be higher-level

More fun than difficult.

Other:

- Ironman Guide-Lines

Grm93LD.png

- Beast-Master Durzag

His pets are some sort of Mazcabian Hound, from Mazcab.

He keeps a supply of dynamites and grubs in his invisible backpack.

Ninja Quickfire:

- Can you allow Dominion medallions to be keepsaked.

Yes.

- Can players have the ability to add certain messages to Quick-chat themselves?

No.

- Can we have the ability to hide prayers and spells we never use?

No, we use action bars for that.

- Can we have a notification in-game or message in the GE interface that says when the last GE update was?

Probably not.

- Can chiseling granite have 1 xp to similar to other 1 xp actions?

Yes.

- Can the Herblore Habitat agility vine, stop having the chance to fail at a certain level?

Nope

- Can we have Random Events back?

No.

- Light-source on tool belt?

No.

- Oily Rod on tool belt?

No.

- Divine locations for thieving or agility?

Not a ninja thing.

- Can you give the Dragon Slayer guy in Edgeville, Batwing torsos and Blue D'hide bodies for his shop?

Yes, but it will be expensive.

- Will we get a 15 year cape?

Yes, there will be once accounts begin reaching 15 years old.

- Could you change the Restless Ghost and Priest in Peril quest xp rewards to lamps?

Probably, I will need to check with Mod Osborne.

- Can we get an Omni-greegree?

No.

- Can we please be allowed to set both walking and standing idle animations?

Maybe, I can speak to MTX.

- Can you add box-sets for Batwings Spider-silk Imphide robes and Carapace ranger armor?

Yes, after we add the sets to the GE interface.

- Can you give all items currently for sale in shops that are 0 stock a base stock of 1?

No.

- Can you change the left click option on the throne in the Max Guild from sit to admire.

No.

- Can Combat Bracelet add the following teleport options: Magic Guild, Mage Training Area, Mage Wilderness Arena

Maybe.

- Can we get a counter for the 'of Guthix' title like there is for the Prifddinas titles?

No.

Halloween Event:

- Runelab Idea by Cinder Quill

- F2p

- No Daily Cap

- Safe-Death Event

- Ironman have full access.

- The area will not remain after the event ends.

- Unlike last year, this event will be solo'd other than the boss fight.

- If you are under a certain level in a skill there will be a confirmation message before you obtain xp.

- The Start is next to the Burthorpe Lodestone.

Fyrtk7b.jpg

- Overlay

xI0xXMV.png

- You will side with Icthlarin as he fights against Amascut.

- Amascut is trying to fight back against Icthlarin.

- Amascut is pretty evil and therefore you can't side with her.

- Objectives:

You will gather souls in the river while rowing (not sailing.)

You will then take those souls across the bridge.

Finally you will help take down Amascut's avatar.

- Lore will remain in-game after the event ends.

- We may put the characters on the surface world.

- The Book obtained during the event will be put in Player Owned House bookcase.

- Mod Ollie's Drawing

CH8kANp.png

- Underworld hasn't been explored, no-one knows the size or shape.

- There's a nexus of all the afterlives is in the underworld which Icthlarin guides souls to.

- Every planet has an underworld.

- It's lore hasn't been delved on for the most part.

- The creator of the bridge is unknown.

NPCs:

- Death

He's located at the entrance to the rift in Burthorpe.

Tells you the 5 types of xp the random souls provide each day.

Every world has the same 5 skills.

- Ka

She will greet you upon entering the rift and will explain the event.

- Sinn Derkwill

Tribute to Cinder Quill

Reward trader

- Necrovarus

Explains information regarding the ectofuntus.

- Ferryman

Explains the soul collecting activity.

- Icthlarin

He's holding off Amascut and aids you in fighting her Avatar.

- Random Events pop up, broadcast that they've spawned and everyone can do them.

- Bubbling Water

- Wayward souls which will grant 5 separate types of xp each day.

Wayward Souls are instanced to you.

20 souls per trip

5 Noumenon favour per soul.

- Soul Guiding

You will start at the 'Soul meeting point.'

They move up the bridge but get devoured by Amascut's devours.

Use combat or siphon the devours to allow the souls to move onward.

- Ectofuntus

Don't need any pots/buckets for this one

Stream-lined it

No cap on Prayer Xp

Not instanced, everyone does it at the same time.

A Boss fight where you aid Icthlarin.

Rewards (reward: cost):

Herb Burner: 15,000

Khardian Cat: 10,000

Icthlarin Gravestone: 5,000

Amascut Gravestone: 5,000

Xp Lamp: 900

- Herb Burner

Allows you to burn herbs for 10x their cleaning xp, and some firemaking xp.

It will act like a Divine Location.

- Death Animation override by killing the boss.

Other:

You don't need a cat-speak-amulet because magic is involved.

- Ecto-tokens will not be up for grab.

- No reward outfits since it would take too much time to make.

- There are 2 new songs.

New Defenders:

- Levels 70/80/90

- You must have the previous version of defender within your inventory or wielded to gain the next tier drop. So you have to start with a Dragon Defender.

- The component items can make any of the 3 combat styles. You'll need to sacrifice another appropriate weapon to do so.

- You don't directly upgrade the defender.

- You use the component with a relevant weapon of the same tier (such as t70 component + fully repaired dharok's axe = t70 melee defender).

- Nothing below level 70 for ranged/mage equivalents. It won't "use" the Dragon defender (Just like upgrading within the Warriors guild - It just gives access to the next tier.

- The defenders can use both dual-wield and shield abilities (with some potential nerfs pending balancing), and have a flat +3% accuracy bonus in the matching combat style.

Level 70 defender:

- Level 70 component obtained from Barrows

You get an item that you can then use with an offhand variant. For instance, Perfect Barrows (something)

- All items MUST be fully repaired to create a defender.

Melee - The Barrows melee is any of the barrows melee 2hs.

Mage - The Magic one can only be made with Ahrim's staff (no wand or book)

Ranged - Ranged with Karil's 2h xbow (not the pistols).

Level 80 Defenders:

- Level 80 component dropped by Nex

- Tier 80 requires the Nex drop and a new DG reward shop item, the Chaotic splint. - This can be used for any of the three variations

Level 90 Defenders:

- Level 90 component dropped By Kalphite King.

- Referred to as "Perfect chitin"

Melee - Offhand Drygore mace, offhand rapier/longsword also work for Drygore defender.

Mage - Seismic Singularity

Ranged - Ascension offhand Crossbow

- Combine the Perfect Chitin from Kalphite King with either an off-hand Drygore, Seismic Singularity or off-hand Ascension Crossbow.

- Interaction with Achto Armour - Effect is reduced, it's about a third of the damage boosting effect.

- Repair cost the repair cost matches an equivalent tier off-hand weapon.

- Half the defence of an equivalent shield and half the damage of the offhand. So for example, offhand Drygore Mace and Malevonent shield.

Damage (normalised) and armour are half of the same tier off-hand and shield. t90 melee defender is half the damage of Drygore mace(offhand?) and half the armour of Malevolent kiteshield, for example.

Potential Power Worked out by Ki299

Revenge abilities increases damage by 10% per stack. with a defender it will most likely be 5% instead of 10%. The Raids gear increases your shields damage by 50% of an offhand weapon so that will be 16.6% (1/3) of that effect. So a defender with someone sing the raids gear would start with 66.6% of a offhand damage with 3% accuracy boost. Rather strong combining effects.

- It's not (officially) confirmed it will be 1/3 of the defenders value or the offhand value. (However, they stated it was 1/3rd of the bonus, which points towards it being the defenders value) So if its based off the offhand value it will be 360 damage, but if its based off the defenders value then it will be 288 damage. a offhand drygore is (432 damage)

- No confirmation as to whether you can remove the upgrade once added

- Confirmed - No dyes

- Release date: End of the year

Concept Arts:

- T70 range:

CR1Lr04WUAApfqj.jpg

- T80 range:

CR1Lr1cWwAApODj.jpg

- T90 range:

CR1LtB9UcAAYJu9.jpg

- T70 mage:

CR1MkJOUsAEJmHi.jpg

- T80 mage:

CR1MlpmUkAAW6dw.jpg

- T90 mage:

CR1MkajVAAApEiT.jpg

- Melee defenders:

CR1MzcQUAAAIwvS.png

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Nice to see F2P off-hands still on the back burner after all this time eh? But the Halloween event sounds interesting - I wonder what sort of XP rates we'll be getting.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

T80 Ranged won't really fit either, although I'm not sure anyone cares lol.

You're right though. Drygores are the ugliest of all T90 DW... :|

EDIT

Upon closer examination, the T80 melee blade seems to be stolen directly from Primal Dagger l0l

2dgucz6.png

I think the T80s will look ok with chaotic and virtus wand... T90s fugly tho.

Sure as heck not spending a singularity for it.. I don't even use mage anymore. Range though, if I can make an asc, maybe :)

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Halloween BTS video is up!

I'm excited for it, the sailing looks cool, curious why it begins on the 27th though...is Monday a bank holiday then?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

that herb burner, rip herbicide lol

Alas from the BTS video the burner looks more like a portable skilling station than a drop cleaner. ='[

I'm excited for it, the sailing looks cool, curious why it begins on the 27th though...is Monday a bank holiday then?

Nope no Bank holiday. Only thing I can guess is purposefully avoiding clashing with the Sword promo thing so players aren't overwhelmed and finished event code can be removed asap.

Just fyi the Uk Bank Holidays are:

New Year's Day

Good Friday

Easter Monday (Monday after Easter Sunday)

Early May Bank Holiday (1st Monday in May)

Spring Bank Holiday (Last Monday in May)

Summer Bank Holiday (Last Monday in Aug)

Christmas Day

Boxing Day (Dec 26th)

If New Years, Xmas or Boxing fall on Sat or Sun the next working day becomes a Bank holiday in its place (Ie this year Monday 28th Dec is the Boxing Day Bank Hol as 26th is Sat and next year Tues 27th will be the xmas day bank holiday as 25th is Sunday and Monday is already taken up by Boxing Day)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 2 weeks later...

Next ninja teaser is up... And a rather core update to a broader game play customization:

We can now toggle several of our assistances:

CTi_IuvUkAAnfV4.png

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Im Rubic's reddit compilation of the recent QA is here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/3sc9pt/tldw_132_qa_high_level_mobs_part_2/

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

BTS video for Invention. It appears that augmenting, levelling up,and disassembling weapons will be one of the core ways in which the skill can be levelled - seems like an interesting and fresh idea.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Interesting that the disassembling is part of it, the runefest stuff implied levelling up would be the xp payer rather than taking stuff apart.

I'm still a bit meh on some of the implementation they seem to be going for.

Unique/rare materials linked to the very expensive gear annoys me, sure its designed to keep their value up but when half of us poor mugs can barely afford to get 1 set how exactly are we supposed to compete when now to get the top end we need to buy multiples to get the materials for the perks!?!

Plus the whole augmenting thing seems to be getting more complex - we've gone from making a perk to add to a weapon to making a tinker to augment a weapon then making a weapon gizmo to create a perk inside to add to a weapon and unless I'm misremembering they've done away with the notion we can remove perks and break them down to get the materials back.

Now it seems like you can't remove them and if the one you make sucks you lose the materials.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

For something like an RCB or the (non-saradomin) godswords it may not be that bad, but it depends how many the skill is going to chew through. I mean they are worth about the same as a vending machine snack in real cash these days anyway...I don't see anything wrong with them at least being pushed up a little. I guess it all depends on the implementation and the scaling of the XP in the end.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I more meant that they have confirmed things like drygores, seismics etc to give unique/rare materials.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Combining weapons was in the draft, people didn't like it, they moved away from it.

But in the most recent info from runefest etc they specifically mentioned some of the t90s in relation to giving unique/rare materials when broken down, at the very least we know Zaryte/Nex Armours are still in there for unique materials as you saw a 'Zaros Material' in the newest bts.

Not to mention the most recent info says they have moved away from perks being removable to a model where onces its on the item thats it - you keep the item forever or disassemble it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The bit that annoys me most (from what they seem to be going for) is I could understand if it was like a tech limit on once you augment a weapon you can't revert it to its tradable form - but the whole 'tinker' that makes it augmented and gizmo that holds the perks being separate things ought to by pass the issue of not being able to remove perks at all.

Sure you can't revert your augmented item with tinker to a tradeable form, but let us remove the gizmos and keep the base augmented it. Heck even make there be a 'price' to doing so - either you pay a chunk of divine energy and get xp only when you take the gizmo off or you get your gizmo/materials back but lose its level ups.

That way you still keep the model of having different weps for different things and gaining xp via levelling up then breaking, but your not locking people into putting 1 gizmo on their weapon ever then thats it - you keep it that way or destroy it.

But then whatever they do it will uberly suck if, as they have suggested, they are blindly marching down the line of needing to break down t90s for unique materials to get the best stuff - that is the perfect way to make the overly rich pvmers get even further ahead of us 'normal' folks in terms of money as the increased demand pushes prices up and expands their wealth all whilst they can afford to break down a few t90s to get the best of the best perks so their kills are faster, easier and better gp:hr whilst us normal folks who can barely scrap 1 t90 wep suddenly find ourselves with sub-par gear (which a load of top end boss groups will decide is not good enough to join their teams) and not a chance in hell of moving forward with them.

And again there is quite a simply solution to make this a non-issue: Do not make any unique material exclusive to disassembling drop only items. By all means make such items give better materials more commonly and make them give a thematically appropriate hard to come by material fairly easily comparatively. But make it so there are other ways to get that material with enough grind or heck even make it so there is a way to get them without utterly destroying the item. Maybe for an energy cost we could 'extract' a weapon to get some materials, but it comes at the cost of degrading the weapon by like 25%, maybe give us ways of using divine energy to infuse lesser items to give them a chance at rarer materials, maybe give items a low chance of generating their unique material just through use.

Of course in all this you'd keep disassembly as the best option, but any number of ideas that would make the materials obtainable other ways would stop them being a giant middle finger to everyone who isn't already rich rich rich.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Magic defender teasers are up... They will be called rebounders to signify difference in combat style.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUF34pcXIAAf0Ol.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUF34uVWUAAOtt_.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUF34ugXAAAZteX.png

Also the latest Q&A from Im Rubic on reddit regarding combat:

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/3t8404/tldw_135_qa_combat_council/

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png