Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

If anyone wants to know, Mod Obeith has confirmed that all the items added to TH for this promo (Golem Outfit, Skilling Headpieces, Ice/Fire Warrior outfits, Slayer Masks) are permanently added to TH. The only temporary part of this promo is the Heart of Fire mechanic that lets you guarantee which item you get.

Source: http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=238-N*Y*y2c/l=0/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?366,367,251,65667701&showuser=Mod%A0Obeith

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

If anyone wants to know, Mod Obeith has confirmed that all the items added to TH for this promo (Golem Outfit, Skilling Headpieces, Ice/Fire Warrior outfits, Slayer Masks) are permanently added to TH. The only temporary part of this promo is the Heart of Fire mechanic that lets you guarantee which item you get.

Source: http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=238-N*Y*y2c/l=0/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?366,367,251,65667701&showuser=Mod%A0Obeith

Good. About time they came to their senses about that. Are they adding the Ethereal and Shark outfits back to the wheel as well?

Source: http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=238-N*Y*y2c/l=0/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?366,367,251,65667701&showuser=Mod%A0Obeith

Good. About time they came to their senses about that. Are they adding the Ethereal and Shark outfits back to the wheel as well?

My guess is that they probably will eventually, but want to give enough time between the outfit's release and when it goes on TH so that people will still think its worth it to buy keys for them.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Hey guys,

So, some good news first, for the Fire and Ice warrior outfits, we are going to be updating them so that once you own all 5 pieces a cosmetic version of it will unlock in the wardrobe. I have no date currently as to when this will be updated but it's being worked on.

The physical items will not be removed when this unlock happens so those of you who may want it for PVP can do so.

For the bad news, we are not able to do this for the Death Lotus armour sets so you will have to keep using keepsake keys for these. We did have a look but they use a different system so it's not as simple as the Fire and Ice outfits.

Please, as with my previous messages, link this to anyone else who may ask.

Thanks all

Another message from Mod Obeith on this page http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=auGCQy7s*Uw/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?366,367,251,65667701,137,336534022,#137

Dont they rework Falador almost every year now ?

Does this count as something new :D ?

Its going to basically be done via a prelude mini-world-event with the white knights and black knights fighting each other on the streets of falidor.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Dont they rework Falador almost every year now ?

Does this count as something new :D ?

Its going to basically be done via a prelude mini-world-event with the white knights and black knights fighting each other on the streets of falidor.

Good idea, I like it. A conflict without massive godly influences this time, maybe...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Ninja teaser for the week:

CNV5GcWWoAQURud.jpg

I'm bugging the heck out of them to see what they think of getting skill xp tool-tips as a lockable part of the interface... No luck yet with a response.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Also the latest QA TL;DR... I found someone else's (Honza8D) since ItsSuity is going to be out indefinitely due to real life things.

Q&A + Vampyre Quest Teasers Stream

- WWF event raised more than £95000

The Light Within

- Crystallise - Mod Raven thinks it is balanced. However there are certain areas where you can use it to bypass bunch of stuff (possibly talking about tickets from Big Chinchompa) and those are getting fixed.

- Fortitude vs Turmoil - Turmoil is style specific, Fortitude should be for tanks, so that they don’t have to worry about switching prayers. This will allow them to design boss where switching won’t be as easy. However they see players are not happy with it, so they might tweak it after going through feedback and balancing.

Falador Rework

- Just graphical update didn’t resonate well with players in the past, so there will be event along the graphical update

- Black knights will attack Falador

- 2 week event

- Will come late October or early November

Boss Pet Overrides

- Initially cancelled, but due to player feedback they are trying to make it happen

- Will come in patches, most popular first

Mining/Smithing Rework

- They are aware people want it

- Didn’t want to spoil anything, more information at RuneFest

Godless

- Mod Jesus thinks godless are awesome

- Initially godless were to be connected to Invention, that is no longer the plan

- Nothing in work right now, but there are plans to make godless more interesting

Vampyres

- The quest name is "The Lord of Vampyrium"

- Master difficulty quest (Grandmaster planned for finale)

- Set in 5th age, so no God involvement

- Rewards - new blisterwood weapons + some other rewards that have parity with them

- Quest will show history of Vampyres as a race

- Requirements for the quest: The Branches of Darkmeyer quest, 79 Construction, 78 Slayer, 76 Hunter, 75 Attack, Constitution, Strength and Defence.

- Vanstorm is getting buff to be as strong as pre-EoC (some other bosses will get the same treatment)

- Not saying whether there is boss battle or not, but if there is, it will be harder than previous battles in quest series

- Will come next month

- No post quest areas, reasons will become apparent when you play the quest, could possibly be added for the finale.

- No huge decisions in the quest (those are more suited for 6th age quests)

- You can currently replay vampyre quest on beta, this will not last much longer.

Misc

- No plans to update Canifis right now, there would have to be good reason

- Adding greenscreen/bluescreen to POH

- Looking to make Clan Theatre emotes usable everywhere

- There will probably never be 8th Barrows Brother

- There was strawpoll on whether Max should get updated with better gear, 77% voted yes

- Making off-hand accuracy matter when using abilities is not completely forgotten, but it is very complex change

- No pausing for auras, too OP

- They don’t want to allow players choose which raid armour players get, getting full achto gear is supposed to take long

- They might add raid bosses to reaper tasks if people really want it

- They will not add Asian servers - they are massively more expensive and the infrastructure in Asia is bad. They could run 10 normal servers for 1 Asian server.

Ninja

- Could potentially remove 100 combat requirement from "The World Wakes" since 100 combat is not necessary to finish the quest

- Quickchat options for celestial dragons coming

- Interface for unclaimed post quest rewards is planned

- No plans for 120 banners in max guild

- Not removing summoning requirement from QDB pet.

- Combat setting to train Attack and Strength at the same time planned

- Brawling gloves will not act as skilling gloves when those are owned

- Multiple action bars won’t be made available with legacy interface, it defeats the point of legacy

- They are gonna look into adding General Graador and Commander Zilyana slayer tasks

- Loot from burning tortured souls (drop from Edimmu) can potentially be increased

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

This is ... retarded ... literally (literally literally). If you use the wrong prayer you still get 10% defense at the same drain rate. I'd understand if Torment is 300 points per minute and Fortitude is 100 or 150. But all 4 of them are set at 300 ... If a tank wants a 10% prayer that affects all styles he can just put any one of them and swap weapons for the same effect ...

"design a boss where switching won't be easy"??? We have how many action bars now?

If they want to accomplish that they can simply re-add that stupid tick delay when activating prayers.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.