Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I feel like I should be ashamed of how naive I was to think that they ever intended any faction besides Godless to win. It's become pessimistically certain that they're following a set update schedule with the illusion of player input or choice.

Harder Mode Vorago has was probably completed months ago lol.

2dgucz6.png

I feel like I should be ashamed of how naive I was to think that they ever intended any faction besides Godless to win. It's become pessimistically certain that they're following a set update schedule with the illusion of player input or choice.

Give it more hp, make it hit harder

doesn't seem too hard to me lol

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Give it more hp, make it hit harder

doesn't seem too hard to me lol

Still wouldn't make it all that harder.

It is challenging to add in mechanics that are not rng based 1hit deaths that is hard. Adding more LP and higher damage/accuracy is a super cheap way to make things hard.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Apparently the concept art behind Chris L was for another Vorago rotation that never got made, since he's leaving and it would probably never end up being made he decided to show it for the video. At least thats what was apparently said by him in his friend chat.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Apparently the concept art behind Chris L was for another Vorago rotation that never got made, since he's leaving and it would probably never end up being made he decided to show it for the video. At least thats what was apparently said by him in his friend chat.

Also it's not like the ending was heavily tailored to any one faction.

The ending was basically Faction Champion attacks Tuska. Assorted faction npcs remain on Tuska.

It was basically a case of inserting Vorago, Saradomin, Zamorak or Armadyl into the cutscene and changing a couple of npcs on Tuska back.

In fact the godless winning probably created more work if anything because they already have 'final smash' attack animations for Saradomin, Zamorak and Armadyl from previous world events whilst Rago didn't have one.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

And here I am, just waiting for the beta to have an update so we can see what happened when Tuska won...

And here I am, just waiting for the beta to have an update so we can see what happened when Tuska won...

I doubt they even made the "if tuska wins" animation. They probably knew what would happen but didn't have a finished version for any of them. Once Godless won they made that one.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

My guess is that Zaros stops it.

But, that would assume that FOTG is a "past" quest, that all players have already done lore wise. Everything up to and including TWW is already 'done'. FOTG is not. A brand new account has already seen Guthix die, but has not met Zaros until they have done FOTG

But, that would assume that FOTG is a "past" quest, that all players have already done lore wise. Everything up to and including TWW is already 'done'. FOTG is not. A brand new account has already seen Guthix die, but has not met Zaros until they have done FOTG

I did a lot of Mahjarrat quests before I did ROTM where their "new" faces/clothing (if you paid attention during the quest you'd have seen that once the ritual was completed by killing someone, they looked different). So once I realized that I should have done ROTM BEFORE all of those quests means I did them in the wrong order (not that it matters to me)

They can't make it perfect.

max.png 50.png

Except at least one 6th age quest is also "past". MPD is because Bandos is already dead for everyone. World Events seem to trump quests, and can happen regardless.

Except at least one 6th age quest is also "past". MPD is because Bandos is already dead for everyone. World Events seem to trump quests, and can happen regardless.

World events make a mess of the timeline because their results are undeniably there for everyone but they break the chronology of the 6th age setup.

Really, for the timeline to make sense now the series of events needs to be TWW - We1 - MPD - We2 - We2.5 - We3 - Player starts

Otherwise there is no proper explaination for Saradomins power level, Bandos being Dead and Tuska's corpse already being in situ.

However since Zaros himself doesn't appear in any of that content FoTG can remain safely in the 'happens when you do it' quest block, especially as it requires MPD and therefore most occur after it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

We have Portable Fletchers, Braziers, and Crafters coming out tonight:

Portable Fletcher

• 10% chance to save logs while making bows or crossbows
  • 10% chance to string two bows or crossbows at once for no additional cost
  • 10% chance to save feathers, arrowheads and headless arrows while making bolts or arrows, including Ascension shards and broad arrows

Portable Brazier

• Counts as always having the maximum number of players burning logs on it at all times. The XP boosts that this gives is cumulative with the 10% - giving a total of +15% XP!
  • Imparts a 5% life point boost for 82 minutes from any single log added
  • 10% chance to save a log while burning
  • Can be used for cremation, if unlocked, and imparts the same XP boost to the Firemaking XP

Portable Crafter

• Craft hides - 10% chance to save hides
  • Clay - 10% chance to save clay
  • Gem cutting - 5% chance to save gems, excluding hydrix and onyx
  • Tan hides - same cost as a standard tannery

I guess it's not the worst they could have done, but eh...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Weekly ninja teasers are up:

Loot value for the AOE loot:

CJ9civ3WgAAroGl.png

Quick cancel task:

CJ9ciwFWEAEppYG.png

Lets hope that the AOE loot has been fixed at least slightly...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

We have Portable Fletchers, Braziers, and Crafters coming out tonight:

Portable Fletcher

• 10% chance to save logs while making bows or crossbows
  • 10% chance to string two bows or crossbows at once for no additional cost
  • 10% chance to save feathers, arrowheads and headless arrows while making bolts or arrows, including Ascension shards and broad arrows

Portable Brazier

• Counts as always having the maximum number of players burning logs on it at all times. The XP boosts that this gives is cumulative with the 10% - giving a total of +15% XP!
  • Imparts a 5% life point boost for 82 minutes from any single log added
  • 10% chance to save a log while burning
  • Can be used for cremation, if unlocked, and imparts the same XP boost to the Firemaking XP

Portable Crafter

• Craft hides - 10% chance to save hides
  • Clay - 10% chance to save clay
  • Gem cutting - 5% chance to save gems, excluding hydrix and onyx
  • Tan hides - same cost as a standard tannery

I guess it's not the worst they could have done, but eh...

7drHiqr.gif

max.png 50.png

after sawmill there wasn't really any point in holding back

if we're really being op they should include glass production, saving on glassmaking, and randomly creating protean hides while tanning

8f14270694.jpg

Lets be real here, all one has to do is join portables FC and get unlimited portables free of charge if you aren't the tipping type.  So it's really not a benefit to people paying $$ other than gaining sub-par gold, and well...bonds are better anyways I'm sure.

I personally like the aspect that it brings players together...but that's just me.  

user1-dark.png

Bringing people together is great but as a friend said, when you have > ~10 people stacked on a portable, things tend to start to get toxic. But I suppose that's a whole different problem  :unsure:.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Bringing people together is great but as a friend said, when you have > ~10 people stacked on a portable, things tend to start to get toxic. But I suppose that's a whole different problem  :unsure:.

That has to do with the people in the community, not the game

max.png 50.png