Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Don't you need to pass the Note to Robert to Robert, which tells him that the animal is cat and that he needs to inscribe DIRAKS in his collar? You'd have to do this well before Robert even became a cat for the events of ROTM to take place.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Depends how you decide to explain it.

You could give to to future Robert who then communicates it to past Robert.

Past Robert could come to us.

etc.

Lots of ways to explain it on or off screen without having to do a Meeting History style quest.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So the latest stream dropped some rather big bombs:

Defender revamp phase 1 - melee defenders is due out next month.

It will include adding t70 80 and 90 defenders.

There is a phase 2 to add magic and ranged defenders - mage training arena was mentioned related to magic ones but needs some revamp to accompany that.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Were there any hints how they are going to make said defenders both different and comparable to just picking up a second weapon instead? When such options exist of course.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

They listed a bunch of stuff, the main points were keeping most of what they have now (parrying chance etc) but ramped up a little along with 3% (might've been 6, I can't quite recall was deffo a low 3 multiple thou) accuracy boost and make them work for both dw AND shield abilities.

They said the aim was that they would have a nice niche use in slayer etc. rather than being like pvm worthy.

It sounded like it had good potential, particularly for harder to beat trash mobs (ie like airut if your a bit low/dont have t90s)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Revamping mage training arena? Maybe I should wait before continuing with my goal of getting infinity robes on my ironman account...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

That sounds like a good idea, particularly filling that nice with dual wield and shield abilities. I think if they balance them right, they can actually be useful again. Maybe even potentially bring back the Warrior's Guild from the dead, depending on how the T70/80/90 are created/found :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

From the way they talked it seemed as though it was very much expansion of the existing in regards to the new arrivals and I'd expect it will mean some warrior guild sprucing up.

I'm curious where they'll place the ranged defenders if magic go to MTA. Only ranged centric location with anything approaching a game would be the Ranged guild, but my god what an overhaul that'd need for that addition.

Also particularly curious on how they'd form a ranged defender - melee being a dagger-ish thing makes sense. Magic you can kinda do what the heck you like cause magic - can pretty much just be special orbs/books that do both things. But ranged? Curious to see what sort of blocking/parrying AND damaging thing you can come up with. A shield x-bow maybe?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So the latest stream dropped some rather big bombs:

Defender revamp phase 1 - melee defenders is due out next month.

It will include adding t70 80 and 90 defenders.

There is a phase 2 to add magic and ranged defenders - mage training arena was mentioned related to magic ones but needs some revamp to accompany that.

> mage training arena

please no I hate that place

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

From the way they talked it seemed as though it was very much expansion of the existing in regards to the new arrivals and I'd expect it will mean some warrior guild sprucing up.

I'm curious where they'll place the ranged defenders if magic go to MTA. Only ranged centric location with anything approaching a game would be the Ranged guild, but my god what an overhaul that'd need for that addition.

Also particularly curious on how they'd form a ranged defender - melee being a dagger-ish thing makes sense. Magic you can kinda do what the heck you like cause magic - can pretty much just be special orbs/books that do both things. But ranged? Curious to see what sort of blocking/parrying AND damaging thing you can come up with. A shield x-bow maybe?

I could see them following the eastern theme with stacking sais for ranged.

Magic could just end up being some kind of wierd magic that you learn to turn your offhand orb into a magical defensive weapon that deflects with magic blasts or something... really odd i know.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Maybe just like a small buckler perhaps? One that just straps to our forearm.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Maybe just like a small buckler perhaps? One that just straps to our forearm.

How do you hurt someone with that while at a distance

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

could be so badly rendered that it melts the players eyes?

~~~legoman187~~~

• Like 1

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Q&A and the Goebie quest:

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/3l3aho/tldw_104_qa_goebie_quest/

ImRubic didn't necessarily make it easy to translate so bug him to change up his formatting and make things more linear.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Finally... after so long they have done it!

Maxed? Master capes? Simply not had your fill of level ups? If only you could see "virtual" levels...

CPmA2KKWUAA_1_Y.png

I'm not sure what this one is though...

CPmB1oEWoAENP8h.png

I'm guessing they are creating a database for fixes to be viewed?

• Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Virtual levels, cool...will look forward to it! Monitoring the progress of upcoming ninja fixes would be nice too, as long as people don't get too disappointed should things not work out occasionally.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Finally... after so long they have done it!

Maxed? Master capes? Simply not had your fill of level ups? If only you could see "virtual" levels...

CPmA2KKWUAA_1_Y.png

I'm not sure what this one is though...

CPmB1oEWoAENP8h.png

I'm guessing they are creating a database for fixes to be viewed?

Second picture, they use JIRA, a ticket and bug tracking software. They created issues for those three (making click areas bigger), made the fix, and finished it. The fixes are awaiting upload into either the live game, or their test environment.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

https://youtube.com/JwKdMwFP7HU?t=2755

Soo there might be some small, but imo good changes (otherwise I wouldn't have asked) to the trimmed cape =D! I found it a very odd one in comparison to most of the requirements.

Also the silence that fell was agonizing, lol.

EDIT: Can't seem to get the video to load properly...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Some interesting information found sleuthing around reddit:

Compliments to reddit user Haidro.

Scrimshaws:

Scrimshaw of aggression - Makes all monsters around you aggressive.

Scrimshaw of sacrifice - Gain extra combat and slayer experience, but no drops.

Scrimshaw of corruption - Combines both scrimshaw of aggression and sacrifice.

Auras:

Brawler aura (TIER 1-4) - Increases melee accuracy by 3%-10%.

Reckless aura - Boosts ranged by 10%, but reduces your defense by 15%.

Maniacal aura - Boosts your magic by 10%, but reduces your defense by 15%.

Dedicated slayer aura (TIER 1-5) - Chance that your slayer task counter will not be reduced when on task by 3%-15%.

Focused siphoning aura (TIER 1-5) - Chance of siphoning creatures and nodes in Runespan increased by 3%-15%.

Flameproof aura (TIER 1-5) - Reduces your chance of burning food by 3%-15%.

Legendary Jack of Trades (Requires 25 skills)

Supreme Wisdom

Legendary Wisdom

Seasons:

Pet of Summer

Pet of Autumn

Pet of Winter

Pet of Spring

Combine these to make:

Pet of Seasons

Upcoming TH Promo:

Seems to be dark stars and dark lamps with a helm of corruption.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The scrimshaws seem interesting...would that make monsters aggressive indefinitely, +10 minutes, or until you deplete that supply I wonder? Or as long as it lasts? I wonder what the cost would settle around too.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png