Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

^sorry, but hunter and thieving have lots of purposes. If you are looking at skills with no purposes then firemaking is the first one to come to mind, not saying that I want a firemaking rework (first). Even a skill like farming has less purpose than hunter :P But I get your point, hunter is quite broken nowadays.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

They said once upon a time that Mining/Smithing rework would give them a good base model which they could then use to more quickly do similar reworks for wc/fletch, fish/cook and crafting.

Though tbh with how they revamped healing from food fish/cook kinda makes sense now, but wc/fletch and craft could certainly use some level appropriate re-jigging

But yeah all told a lot of skills really need reworks.

Agility needs better ways to train and a greater function than a few short cuts.

Farming is very 1 dimensional and could benefit greatly from assorted livestock ideas and some general sprucing to the mechanics of existing farming.

Hunter could use a bit more variety and definitely needs some more useful things injected into it

Firemaking just well, Fire...making...

Construction they kinda need to nuke the existing poh system and do something entirely new.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Firemaking just well, Fire...making...

I've thought prior that they could make firemaking a skilling version of prayer (i.e., provide skilling boosts). Seems they went the easier route with Seren stuff by simply making prayer also useful when skilling.

Anyway, you could have incense, which provide temporary buffs, tied to distinct firemaking levels. Bonfires could be elaborated on, perhaps used as a team-based incense equivalent. Allowing firemaking to buff other skills, when relevant, would also be neat: use firemaking to power special forges for increased efficiency while smithing, cooking benefits in special hotspots (smoking foods, better ranges, etc), farming side-thing (clear dead growth using applied firemaking to improve future crops). Even skills like thieving could benefit: using smoke to confuse targets and provide distractions in some more elaborate thieving method.

But a massive inter-skill game is unlikely.

ozXHe7P.png

Cooking could also use an overhaul. The easier to make foods are often the most useful ones. They should re-do it so that fish alone wouldn't be very good healing, you'd need the taters,pizzas,pies, etc.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Cooking could also use an overhaul. The easier to make foods are often the most useful ones. They should re-do it so that fish alone wouldn't be very good healing, you'd need the taters,pizzas,pies, etc.

And they should combine that with farming. Like tuna potatoes, but make them worthwhile XP for the time you spend on making them, both farming and cooking XP, make them heal a lot more than easier stuff. I seriously don't know how they cannot see this simple thing...

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

^sorry, but hunter and thieving have lots of purposes. If you are looking at skills with no purposes then firemaking is the first one to come to mind, not saying that I want a firemaking rework (first). Even a skill like farming has less purpose than hunter :P But I get your point, hunter is quite broken nowadays.

hunter:

- ingredients for herblore

farming:

- personal woodcutting spots

- ingredients for cooking summer pies and outclassed tuna potatoes

thieving:

- ironman

- making farming ingredients for cooking useless by providing an unlimited number of summer pies because of arbitrary developer decision making

8f14270694.jpg

hunter:

farming:

thieving:

- ironman

- making farming ingredients for cooking useless by providing an unlimited number of summer pies because of arbitrary developer decision making

Not going into detail for the other skills here, but why I said hunting is useful take for example:

Ranged ammo/weapons

Summoning ingredients (especially the cats are quite useful, or were... I may not be up to date)

All kinds of skill additions (rabbit foot, thieving gloves etc.)

All kind of pets (not really useful, but a nice addition)

Eagle transportation network

Hunting implings all over runescape.

Retired item crew

Regarding invention as far from what I've been able to find on resources needed:

90a85254d7.png

1b8f2d1684.png

e5f4e8d709.png

87116e1124.png

b1dc4baeed.png

I'm thinking we should be saving our seasinger magikae and tetsu tsuba.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Hold on now, wasn't that first thing the most contested part of Invention 1.0?

I don't remember them saying that, but I'm definitely satisfied since I have 2 superior helms I accidentally made.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

hunter:

farming:

thieving:

- ironman

Not going into detail for the other skills here, but why I said hunting is useful take for example:

Ranged ammo/weapons

Summoning ingredients (especially the cats are quite useful, or were... I may not be up to date)

All kinds of skill additions (rabbit foot, thieving gloves etc.)

All kind of pets (not really useful, but a nice addition)

Eagle transportation network

Hunting implings all over runescape.

firemaking doesn't need a rework because you can replace light orbs in dorgeshkaan and reduce the failure rate of hand cannons

8f14270694.jpg

How does that constitute a rework?

Fire make -> Make fire. If anything some more content can be added to it.

Hunter is very rich in content, but boils down to hunt things. It could use some polish and QOL,

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Hunter is very rich in content, but boils down to hunt things. It could use some polish and QOL,

I agree with you, but frankly fire making is a very simple and under qualified skill compared to the others. I think if anyone hopes to see firemaking remade into anything entertaining it would have to be remade into a more robust survival skill. Frankly I could easily see Jagex taking firemaking and making it a core concept piece for an elite skill for survival. They would simply leave firemaking as a basic form of survival.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I agree with you, but frankly fire making is a very simple and under qualified skill compared to the others. I think if anyone hopes to see firemaking remade into anything entertaining it would have to be remade into a more robust survival skill. Frankly I could easily see Jagex taking firemaking and making it a core concept piece for an elite skill for survival. They would simply leave firemaking as a basic form of survival.

Firemaking doesn't need to be removed, renamed, or much of anything. It just needs a purpose and content to match. Much like ideas I laid out earlier in this thread.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Pretty sure that's what strilmus was trying to say: just because there's a list of things that the skill can do doesn't mean that they're useful or desirable. On paper, Hunter has a ton of uses, but not many of them are particularly good and the skill itself is really clunky.

• Like 1

Firemaking doesnt have that much potential. It is a skill developed early in the game when scope of game play was much simpler.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Firemaking doesnt have that much potential. It is a skill developed early in the game when scope of game play was much simpler.

If you assume firemaking to just be a skill about lighting some logs to make a fire and move one square west, then yes. But firemaking being a skill about fire itself could be much more impressive and useful. I suppose you didn't read the link, so I'll quote here for simplicity:

I've thought prior that they could make firemaking a skilling version of prayer (i.e., provide skilling boosts). Seems they went the easier route with Seren stuff by simply making prayer also useful when skilling.

Anyway, you could have incense, which provide temporary buffs, tied to distinct firemaking levels. Bonfires could be elaborated on, perhaps used as a team-based incense equivalent. Allowing firemaking to buff other skills, when relevant, would also be neat: use firemaking to power special forges for increased efficiency while smithing, cooking benefits in special hotspots (smoking foods, better ranges, etc), farming side-thing (clear dead growth using applied firemaking to improve future crops). Even skills like thieving could benefit: using smoke to confuse targets and provide distractions in some more elaborate thieving method.

But a massive inter-skill game is unlikely.

ozXHe7P.png