Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

That scrimshaw of aggression looks baller, especially at abyss. Ultimate AFK

Or do the corruption one, for aggression and extra combat xp at the cost of drops, not like one picks them up anyways (at abyss at least)

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

That scrimshaw of aggression looks baller, especially at abyss. Ultimate AFK

Or do the corruption one, for aggression and extra combat xp at the cost of drops, not like one picks them up anyways (at abyss at least)

That's true. As soon as these release I'm going to abuse them before they nerf it lol

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Surprise surprise, guess where the scrimshaws showed up!

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/treasure-hunter--corrupted-chests

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Surprise surprise, guess where the scrimshaws showed up!

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/treasure-hunter--corrupted-chests

Such a horrible tease...

Here I will alleviate some of the pain with the next ninja teaser:

CQKYIdZWwAUZWWy.png

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Lego was disappointed that he wasn't going to have start doing more ports scrolls, but now he is fine because that is a kalgerion demon getting rekt'd by a dark light and that makes him very happy. 

~~~legoamn187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

No surprise they ended up on TH. They're fairly OP. I wonder if they'll be tradeable, can anyone confirm that? If so, the price of buying a bond with IRL money to sell for GP could potentially be less than spending $50 on spins and selling the scrimshaws for GP.

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

No surprise they ended up on TH. They're fairly OP. I wonder if they'll be tradeable, can anyone confirm that? If so, the price of buying a bond with IRL money to sell for GP could potentially be less than spending $50 on spins and selling the scrimshaws for GP.

It doesn't look like they're on the Grand Exchange...not sure if they're player-to-player tradeable though. Might take me a bit to fill up the far enough to reach it and test <_>

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Welp I used my 7 stored keys and barely put a dent in getting to the first check point for that scrim. Damn.

For anyone else, it may be a good idea to hold off on using keys - whilst skilling (and training combat, though I haven't done any of that) you seem to find 'souls' quite often and these are helping in filling up the bars without actually expending keys.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Loving a lot of the snippets coming from Runefest so far.

Think my top pick so far was Strength playing a bigger role in damage output including that it Magic and Ranged will now also be influenced by Strength not just melee.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Think my top pick so far was Strength playing a bigger role in damage output including that it Magic and Ranged will now also be influenced by Strength not just melee.

So if magic and ranged are influenced by the Strength stat, it would seem only fair that we can gain strength experience through Ranged and Magic combat in addition to gathering it from melee...or do they not see that logic?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

They didn't really go into details but one would assume so.

They alluded to the often popular suggestion and that suggestion has always been that Attack, Ranged and Magic are your class specific accuracy skills as you learn to use that weapon type. Whilst Strength moves to join Defence (and prayer summ etc) as a universal combat skill. Which would of course mean all combat styles need to be able to train it.

I'd hope that will mean 6 xp options for each class

Accuracy Skill

Strength

Defence

Accuracy & Strength

Accuracy & Defence

Balanced

But based on how melee is atm we may just see accuracy, str, defence, balanced

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That would be stupid.

So I would go from being capable of dealing max range and magic damage to dealing below tier 90 damage in one update:

iVNNYVf.png

Oh, I forgot: 99% of current long term players are otherwise maxed (combat and non-combat, i.e., they can wear max cape) or were "melee prods" from prior to EoC.

ozXHe7P.png

I'm curious do you actually think it is a bad idea in terms of the balance of combat classes as a whole - ie around issues of it being unfair meleers have to train twice as much for the same results as mage and ranged get etc. or does your view it is bad centre entirely on the fact it would be detrimental to you personally with your current stats?

After all this kind of change is inevitably going to negatively impact some players, but then with forewarning people have time to prepare and the end result does have boons for combat in the short term and oepns up options going forward.

Personally I'm of the view when an update is good for the game as a whole it's a good idea, even if it does have negative results to my personal position in the game. After all if we never made updates with a negative impact in some way we would never move on. 

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They haven't really been reveal heavy so far.

Combat was like half taken up by 'pvm so far'

Talk of a few little things like the str change they are looking at.

Talk of a new solo boss for 2016 - literally no details beyond this.

Some super secret thing to be revealed in the 2016 session.

Talk of where Raids will go next - concepts for a Airut shaman plus concepts for air and fire elemental titans (like yaka is water)

Showed off Goebie volleyball - been in-game since raids launched but not found yet. From clip they showed seems to relate to hitting gongs after durzag dies.

Invention was really a lot of what we already knew littered with some concept art.

Ability to add perks/augments to weps, armour n tools that are t70+

Ability to make machines that do stuff.

Resources from disassembling.

Perked stuff levels up with you.

Aim to make more diversity (ie this sword has perks for dragons, this mace has perks for wyverns etc)

Jan 2016 launch for 1-99

Guild that you build and are master of & 100-120 comine later in 2016

Some stuff on the different xp curve for elites - 200m would be equiv of lvl 150. Level 70(ish) will be half way xp wise instead of 92.

NXT was just ooo look shiny, technical chatter. Still no info on when to expect it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Tnx, so I didnt really miss a lot.

I saw some video on YT about NXT (pretty much the avatar with rune items running around, some city shots from bird-eye view) and I gotta ask ... why are the trees and the grass still so horrible :D.

I gotta say I am a bit jealous of rs07-folks .. their updates looks so fkin epic.

I'm curious do you actually think it is a bad idea in terms of the balance of combat classes as a whole - ie around issues of it being unfair meleers have to train twice as much for the same results as mage and ranged get etc. or does your view it is bad centre entirely on the fact it would be detrimental to you personally with your current stats?

After all this kind of change is inevitably going to negatively impact some players, but then with forewarning people have time to prepare and the end result does have boons for combat in the short term and oepns up options going forward.

Personally I'm of the view when an update is good for the game as a whole it's a good idea, even if it does have negative results to my personal position in the game. After all if we never made updates with a negative impact in some way we would never move on. 

Why not merge Attack and Strength? Ooooh, wait, that would lower the max total by 99 and lots of overall XP would be lost when you combine both skills...

I do admit my dislike is most personal. However, if you think combing Attack and Strength is "bad" for whatever reason, then that's an equally personal stance. However, I'm not the standard maxed-comped-200m-praise-Jagex-edate-in-Prif player, so my opinion matters less.

Also, do note that melee is better DPS than any other class, largely due to Berserker.

Unrelated, did Jagex say the NXT client was 32-bit? If so:

Hahahahahaha. Incompetent.

ozXHe7P.png

They didn't say it was 32-bit, they just said they wanted to make sure it worked with 32-bit so in terms of minimum RAM need it won't go over 2gb

Runescape Reveals excite!

Going for 1 huge or large update a month with smaller updates that tie to it themewise (ie reuse assests etc)

Godwar Dungeon 2 - for this current godwar with new gear (ie new godswords, but maybe not swords) Concept art for Tuska and Seren

Mining and Smithing rework - including everything be squished down for new top end.

Sliske's game ending -"Sliske's countdown" 4 quests to finish the story line..

Quest 1 is Nomad - try to drain all souls from underworld. Death, Icthlarin and all previously dead characters invovled.

Quest 2 is Barrows Bros - reveal a barrows sister, how she fits into Sliske's plan. Can we break the curse and free them? Get close to Sliske

Quest 3 - skipped til later in talk

Quest 4 is the end game itself. Gods who have scored points will be brought to an end-game event. (Armadyl and Vorago) Gonna be some surprising participants as he bends the rules. Gonna have major divergence based on all prior choices in-game. Will be deleted scene way to see all possible routes.

Will be a scoreboard so we can see how the score is going.

All the major gods will have places in world to be talked to.

Some pics of NXT.

Solo Boss 

Concept of underwater boss - make armour/gear before you begin fight.

Just one idea - not really decided exact details yet.

Quest 3 of Sliskes countdown is Fate of the Gods 2

Scene that was going to be in originally going to be in fotg is now becoming fotg2.

Mah planning to build her own world as she's angry.

Mahjaratt going to react to Mah trying to destroy Frenskae - they will be coming home.

Zaros and Zamorak will face off.

Quirky updates not being forgotten.

Other quests in year will be quirky fun stories.

Personal, character driven stories.

Up number of quests via bottle quests.

Bottle Quest will be labelled as such up front - built using as few new assets as possible.

Won't be epic or long, will be chracter driven.

Chronicle - nothing really new. Just that it's coming

Tablet as well as pc.

Raids 2

Same concepts as before (without the Shaman)

Fire elemental - ground falls away etc

Air Elemental - mountain, clouds etc.

Taken on feedback from first raids - make them more accessible, fewer obstacles. Talk about how solo, small teams and skillers can get invovled. Think they can do all these.

Idea of skillers on back line are more key to fight than front line fighters.

Invention.

Much the same info again.

Two halfs - making new machines and augment existing gear.

Xp gained by using invention modded items.

Concepts:

Calling perk - calls something like Rapotr to aid you.

Duplicator - 50:50 chance destroy or dupe item.

Animated stuff added to gear to look unique showcased.

3 Tech Trees at launch - Human (divination etc) Goblin (electric) Dwarf (steam powered)

Batch 2 brings 2 more trees - Elves (crystals) Gnome (clockwork)

Will be in dg

You are guildmaster - hotspots to build machines in, hire 'staff' might be various big name quest unlock npcs (ie Ava)

Power to players - new land mass. Continent or City all from player ideas.

Ideas/Concepts:

Kudos Island - archeology, live dinos

Menaphos

Underwater City

All up to us on Runelabs.

Later criteria on labs will be for quest, minigames etc to add to this land mass.

Tell stories we know and love.

Vampyre Finale - "Rivers of Blood"

Vamps come to river Salve.

5th Age.

Confrontation with King Rolad.

Into Castle Drakan properly.

Theres a number of updates they are trying something new/special with that they are not revealing.

15 years of Runescape.

Documentary being filmed.

In-game stuff planned.

Emote to to represent something from each of 15 years.

Classic will reopen.

Quest about 2 wizards and big bad trying to bring in old/removed updates.

Andrew and Paul Gower involved in making the quest.

Nostalgic - call backs to things that never made it in game or got removed. Life runes, lizard men, tangle vine.

Revisiting older quests like RFD did.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Why not merge Attack and Strength? Ooooh, wait, that would lower the max total by 99 and lots of overall XP would be lost when you combine both skills...

I do admit my dislike is most personal. However, if you think combing Attack and Strength is "bad" for whatever reason, then that's an equally personal stance. However, I'm not the standard maxed-comped-200m-praise-Jagex-edate-in-Prif player, so my opinion matters less.

Also, do note that melee is better DPS than any other class, largely due to Berserker.

Unrelated, did Jagex say the NXT client was 32-bit? If so:

Hahahahahaha. Incompetent.

Now I'm done with Stream stuff I'll pick up on this.

Personally I would not oppose merging attack and strength to the same end of balancing how all 3 classes gain power, however personally I do prefer the idea of keep strength but separate it from melee to be universal because it offers more diversity in terms of things you can do with combat skills.

And it would feed into versatility in combat builds on the whole - at the moment you get some versatility in melee in terms of are you balanced? are you accurate but weak? are you strong but inaccurate? but the same does not apply to magic and ranged. This would bring the same diversity to all three. Plus when you look at abilities some str ones will prob become attack ones, but theres a good selection that can easily be cross class abilities and it'd be quite interesting to have an offensive ability book that is universal to all classes - it'll be like your freedom or guthix butterfly but actually offensive and would ultimately make it kind easier to offer abilities as a quest reward - instead of having to be biased to one combat class when the quest may not warrant it or dev and balance 3 abilities they could make 1 kick-ass offensive ability to add in.

Also it can feed into other activities in terms of requirements at the moment strength reqs is just i r strong man, i can lift/smash stoofs. It can gain elements to do with the kind of strength ranging requires - the kind of strength involved in stability to aim, the kind of strength in making a controlled exact movement like pulling and hold a bow and, more interestingly, can look into elements of mental strength since strength for magic would be about shaping spells through your will power. Could feed nicely into like horror, psychological and puzzle elements of things - mental fortitude reducing an effect like recovery after a jump scare or allowing extra hints or simplification in certain puzzles. All that kind of thing to me are very interesting routes that don't really fit with any skill in-game right now but would make perfect sense with a more unviersal strength skill.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I didn't think about Strength abilities becoming Range/Mage ones. I doubt Jagex would do that, or at least very well (hi 20+ Attack abilities), but that is an interesting point and could be very useful, all things said and done.

I concede.

ozXHe7P.png