Blaaargh! Puberty is teh'...

LP

Ive never had pimples and im 14 :( and Ive gone through pube, kinda(my voice is low lol :P)

What else is low? Then you'll know :P

Pwned.. :P lol.. your only 14.. trust me when i say it will start soon..

you may be 18.. 19.. even 20 before you get it... its all genetics.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from personal experience, i never get acne unless i get stressed or dun get enough sleep. im 17.

i have never intentionally used any facial clenser or any of that feminine crap. :lol:

so in conclusion: eat well and sleep well.

adolpha2mp.png

[Jarkan (retired)]-[2001-2003]

[Adolpha (retired)]-[2003-2004]

I know this won't be a popular answer, but here it is. 8)

ONe thing you can do longterm is clean up your diet. Lay off the sugar, candy, sodas, processed foods, and greasy fast food. Eat some raw fruit/vegies with every meal and drink lots of water with lemon added. A few ounces of cranberry juice a day would be helpful too. Try to avoid chemicals in your food as much as possible.

Keep your hands away from your face. You'll only be adding bacteria and aggrevating the condition.

Also, wash your face twice a day with cetaphil, $6 or so at walmart. No girly smells. :wink:

jfroggy

I know this won't be a popular answer, but here it is. 8)

ONe thing you can do longterm is clean up your diet. Lay off the sugar, candy, sodas, processed foods, and greasy fast food. Eat some raw fruit/vegies with every meal and drink lots of water with lemon added. A few ounces of cranberry juice a day would be helpful too. Try to avoid chemicals in your food as much as possible.

Keep your hands away from your face. You'll only be adding bacteria and aggrevating the condition.

Also, wash your face twice a day with cetaphil, $6 or so at walmart. No girly smells. :wink:

Yep, just common sense stuff like this. What you eat is a huuuge part of it.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Lol, two years ago I went as a loofa for holloween. It was pretty sweet. But other than that, i do believe that its all in your diet. Make sure you eat right unlike this flickering advertizment right above me saying i can get free dinner for two at chillies. yummmm greasy pimples....

Lol, two years ago I went as a loofa for holloween. It was pretty sweet. But other than that, i do believe that its all in your diet. Make sure you eat right unlike this flickering advertizment right above me saying i can get free dinner for two at chillies. yummmm greasy pimples....

What you eat really shouldn't affect your acne unless its really high in iodine

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

I only have a few on my face, the I got like 8 in my ear... :roll: So embarasing, I couldn't have my hair up... It was so nasty, they all popped during math and I stuck a ruler in there and it was covered in puss... :shock:

I had that :oops: Except without the ruler.

Yeah spots can be annoying but just keep putting on spot cream, some DO work. I have a huuuuge spot on the end of my nose. Im just glad christmas has passed or id be wearing antlers...

knkcopy.jpg

The only way food can give you acne is if you eat something greasy and don't wash your face :? .

I found that my acne went away when I stopped using the Clearasil and that sort of crap. Soap and water keeps me acne free.

Also, getting a tan hardens the skin and prevents outbreaks. Right now the only pimples I get on my body are where I do not have a tan. In fact, I haven't had one on my face in at least a year.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Also - if you want a surefire way of getting rid of it, and if you live in a country with free healthcare, ask your doctor about Minocin. It's an antibiotic used to treat acne and it's pretty much a guarantee. No side effects except it makes you tan alot easier :P

It is a dollar a pill though, and you need to take it 1-2 times daily, so if you live in the US where you'd need to pay for it, it wouldn't be an option.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Also - if you want a surefire way of getting rid of it, and if you live in a country with free healthcare, ask your doctor about Minocin. It's an antibiotic used to treat acne and it's pretty much a guarantee. No side effects except it makes you tan alot easier :P

It is a dollar a pill though, and you need to take it 1-2 times daily, so if you live in the US where you'd need to pay for it, it wouldn't be an option.

I was on that...The only thing is you're only supposed to be on it for 30 days at a time...30 days on, 30 days off (or so my doctor says...and he's very good) so just as my acne was clearing up after 30 days, I ran out and had to go off, and it came back...Hopefully I'll be able to go back on at the end of the month...But yea, it does work pretty good.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I was on that...The only thing is you're only supposed to be on it for 30 days at a time...30 days on, 30 days off (or so my doctor says...and he's very good) so just as my acne was clearing up after 30 days, I ran out and had to go off, and it came back...Hopefully I'll be able to go back on at the end of the month...But yea, it does work pretty good.

I went a year straight :shock: (don't need it anymore)

summerpngwy6.jpg

The best thing I ever found for getting rid of spots was to eat healthily. Lots of pure foods (not processed crap) which can still be nice; like salads, meats (cooked or cured), REAL cheeses (not ones made out of butter and flavouring) - basically nothing with more than 10 different ingredients, or with any ingredients you don't know how to pronounce.

However in Americanised culture to most people eating normally isn't an option.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

That stuff im using now seems to be working quite well

Morning: -Shower

5% B.P Face wash, then a cleanser

2% sylic acid on face (spray) let that dry for a moment

10% B.P cream... (I also use 2.5%, 5% creams) depends what I want that day

Home from school:

wash face w/ hands only, and only with water

sometimes 2.5% sylic acid

but usually a 5% 10% or 2.5% B.P cream

evening shower:

Same as shower in the morning but i dont use the creams or sylic acid

Before bed:

same rutine for after school..

been 2.5 days, seems to be 20% left of what i had :)

I'm also taking "Natures Cure" pills one in the morning one at night.

That stuff im using now seems to be working quite well

Morning: -Shower

5% B.P Face wash, then a cleanser

2% sylic acid on face (spray) let that dry for a moment

10% B.P cream... (I also use 2.5%, 5% creams) depends what I want that day

Home from school:

wash face w/ hands only, and only with water

sometimes 2.5% sylic acid

but usually a 5% 10% or 2.5% B.P cream

evening shower:

Same as shower in the morning but i dont use the creams or sylic acid

Before bed:

same rutine for after school..

been 2.5 days, seems to be 20% left of what i had :)

I'm also taking "Natures Cure" pills one in the morning one at night.

:? You do releise your absorbing all those chemicals through your skin. I dont know about you, but id never put that much stuff on just because i dont need those chemicals in my body....

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Everything i have is natural...i even looked at the label.

the only chemicals are the BP and Sylic Acid

and they are safe..

Silicon and chlorine are both natural, and do we want those in our bodys ?:wink:

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Everything i have is natural...i even looked at the label.

the only chemicals are the BP and Sylic Acid

and they are safe..

Silicon and chlorine are both natural, and do we want those in our bodys ?:wink:

word on the street is that we all have silicon in our body

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

I had pretty bad spots on my face a few years ago, after trying a few things I eventually found facial wipe pads are the best, i think mine are Neutrogena. And honestly, there is a strong correlation between touching your face and spots. I've been scratching my chin a fair bit recently (and i have no idea why...) and i seem to have the most spots there, but only a few at that. Don't pick at them and they should go.

I use pure tea tree oil on really bad ones, i don't actually know if it works since i don't use it regularly on the same spot, but it seems to.

I have pretty bad spots on my upper back now, i think i need to go to the doctors and get something for them, since no amount of powershowering and different shampoos seems to work (i've tried various ones for extended periods of time without success).

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

:lol: I to some point think this is kinda weird.... guy's talking about the creams they use on their faces :shock: Edit: next we will be having online slumber party's with pillow fights :P

i will bring the ice cream and the chick flick!!!!

Seriously i am 25 and i still get the odd pimple

it feels good to pop it..

whats worse though is when you get those super pimples..

you know what i am talking about the ones that get to be a finger in width and have alot of fluid in them and hurt like a mother ****er. then when they do pop they leak out a ton...

I have a friend at work that got two of these MAJORLY.. they were on his tights right near his groin (so he could not walk easily) and they grew bad.. golf ball to baseball width and had a ton of fluid... and he had to go to the doc eventually to get them drains and on a ton of antibiotics.

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

• 2 weeks later...