Expert Skillcapes

Miss Lioness

& does Soul Split drain prayer points faster or slower now?

If you're using Soul Split (or Smite) against another player, it drains their prayer points faster now, I believe. The rate of your pp drain while using those prayers is unchanged.

Thanks - wasn't certain if i was reading it correctly.

the_lad_1.png

it seems like you may not need to actively gain xp for the combat shards.  I got an attack shard mid araxxor kill.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Soul Reaper Fixes: 

• Hydrix jewellery can now be repaired with onyx. You can now use a cut onyx on any enchanted hydrix jewellery to recharge it by 50% per gem.

Didn't they say in the Soul Reaper preview live stream thing on Twitch that they wanted to keep it so the Hydrix degraded to nothing w/o being able to be repaired so it would keep the price high or something? I guess that's not a thing anymore.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Uhh, so

I use Magic for most everything now

Is it really worth switching to either Hydrix neck what with Dragonrider Amulet boosting Dragonbreath so much?

Just doesn't seem worth the hassle, cost/repair especially if my overall DPS lowers because of loss of Dragonbreath buff

2dgucz6.png

depends on if you're yolosplitting a lot

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Uhh, so

Is it really worth switching to either Hydrix neck what with Dragonrider Amulet boosting Dragonbreath so much?

Just doesn't seem worth the hassle, cost/repair especially if my overall DPS lowers because of loss of Dragonbreath buff

If you don't use Soul Split that much, and you mostly use Magic, then yeah, there's not much reason to switch from arcane stream/dragonrider to amulet of souls. The repair costs a fair bit.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

anyone know if soul reaper works for slay shard?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Uhh, so

If you don't use Soul Split that much, and you mostly use Magic, then yeah, there's not much reason to switch from arcane stream/dragonrider to amulet of souls. The repair costs a fair bit.

This is the bit that's hard to quantify:

I do SS at all GWD bosses, which are the only bosses I really kill consistently (A/SGWD) and just about any Slayer tasks where healing is required.

Dragonbreath is almost always on my #1 for Revolution, and at A/SGWD it hits and usually kills the melee and other minions a few times to every boss kill, meaning I'm SS'ing additional LP from those monsters. (Even kills Kilisa in one frequently!)

Amulet of Souls 46 vs 30 damage for DRA, DRA increases damage from 188 to 198%? + unverifiable rare combust effect lol

2dgucz6.png

For Summoning shard: buy Thorny snail pouches, then summon, dismiss, summon, dismiss, summon, dismiss, summon, dismiss, etc.

Making 10 yak pouch did it for me. Easy.

Also got prayer shard in 1st trip to my altar.

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

Oh Runescape and its love of shiny things.

I'm just glad this isn't a completionist req.

Honestly, it might take two hours to do at most, since you already have the skills at 99 for the comp cape. It'd be a pretty minor addition, especially for those who are still working towards comp.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Nothing like a refreshing dose of shard collecting to remind you that we're going to have to do this 32 times for the elf city statue :thumbup:

Yeah right... i mean there are shattered heart rocks, expert skill cape shards and now golden elf rocks. I feel sorry for players who will be walking freshly into these pieces of content.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Hopefully they'll bother to remember to put in a rock bag for elf city... I felt like I had to do this update because my bank is nearly at its limit and I didn't really want to keep getting the shards over and over if I destroyed them.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Nothing like a refreshing dose of shard collecting to remind you that we're going to have to do this 32 times for the elf city statue :thumbup:

Yeah right... i mean there are shattered heart rocks, expert skill cape shards and now golden elf rocks. I feel sorry for players who will be walking freshly into these pieces of content.

Eh, not when we have a bag to store the rocks, and probably a bag for the elf rocks, and hopefully a bag for the cape shards. I feel worse for the folks who have been doing each of those one part at a time than I do for the folks who can collect all three at once.

PSA: If you put your expert capes into your POH toybox, you'll have to pay 99k to retrieve them. From the box.

Now there's a shitty bug. Did you report that? I highly doubt it was intentional.

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

wait, what

toybox????

shouldn't they be on the cape rack

Of course not, that would make sense and when was the last time Jagex intentionally did that?

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nothing like still working on strange rocks because I completely ignored them for four years to remind me that I'm going to need to do this 32 more times.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png