Dieing in the new monster area... (skull bug)

lit_candle

Anyone been there yet and died to a pker party? well i just went and let me tell you it sucked...i only brought 3 items expecting to die so that i wouldnt lose anything. i didnt attack anyone and when i did get attacked i didnt retaliate because i didnt want a skull. i wouldnt have lost anything anyway having only 3 items right? WRONG. i lost everything i was carrying, all 3 items that i thought were protected in the wildy when you had no skull. apperantly that rule changed because it happened to my friend as well. so is it just me or hae you all lost your items there with no skull? :evil: :evil:

8,446 to 99 fishing 8/8/08                            54,341 to 99 invention
51,320 to 99 cooking 10/12/08
23,375 to 99 smithing 8/24/11

80,835 to 99 herblore 2/22/15

56,853 to 99 runecrafting 2/22/15

103,766 to 99 prayer on 5/19/15

83,700 to 99 mining on 9/27/15

74,165 to 99 crafting on 9/27/15

68,979 to 99 hunter on 3/7/16

83,592 to 99 thieving on 8/17/16

61,232 to 99 divination on 8/17/16

78,348 to 99 farming on 12/6/16

154,497 to 99 fletching on 12/31/2016

78,726 to 99 construction on 2/12/2017

187,239 to 99 firemaking on 2/20/2017

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok...and what would that be? and is jagex fixing it or what...?

This glitch has been around since RS2, Jagex has not even acknowleged it much less tried to fix it.

It is caused by being attacked in multi by more than 2 PKers and the game for some reason thinks you auto retaliate on the wrong player and skulls you, usually followed very quickly by your death.

You only get one chance to live your life....

But, endless opportunities to screw it up.

PioNMax2.png

Pio "But your honor, he deserved killin "

Judge " Fair nuff, the defendant is free to go"

this also happened to a friend of mine.. Lost whip and everything.. O well, now people are warned :lol:

Lvl 109 main - retired

Currently playing:

Lvl 107 Rune pure with 99 range, 99 hp, 99 mage, 99 att, 99 str and 98 slayer

Lvl 200 Maxed with 114 dung.

Norge ruler!

A bumper update week this week, starting with the arrival of a new visitor to the Wilderness. This strange cloud is said to affect nearby enemies in various strange ways ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ so be even more prepared for the unexpected than you were before. Please do remember that this evil menace is located deep in the multi-way wilderness, so care must be taken. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t take anything youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re not prepared to lose. We can confirm that this Chaos Elemental carries a few of the legendary Dragon two-handed swords, but donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t expect an easy fight. The blade has also been seen being carried down to the Kalphite lair, so if youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re really really lucky, you might find one down there.

anyways, yeah

I3il2die: aka: BiRDiE

An Are Sole: Pure Def/Skiller...

A bumper update week this week, starting with the arrival of a new visitor to the Wilderness. This strange cloud is said to affect nearby enemies in various strange ways ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ so be even more prepared for the unexpected than you were before. Please do remember that this evil menace is located deep in the multi-way wilderness, so care must be taken. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t take anything youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re not prepared to lose. We can confirm that this Chaos Elemental carries a few of the legendary Dragon two-handed swords, but donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t expect an easy fight. The blade has also been seen being carried down to the Kalphite lair, so if youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re really really lucky, you might find one down there.

anyways, yeah

good thing jagex breaks its own rules, and blatently informs us we will be unknowingly useing bug abuse

Jesse your a moron, dont talk ok.

The skulling at the new monster was intentional, They said it has very random effects on every thing arround it, and not to take anything ANYTHING you dont want to lose, not anything but 3 items..

okay, well since you got a little personal by calling me a moron lets just debate your intelligence, first off my name has 5 letters and their not even uncommon letters like z or x , and some how you either couldnt read it properly or couldnt type it properly either way showing your intelligence is lacking on the part that YOU CANT READ A FIVE LETTER WORD AND RE-TYPE IT WITHOUT MESSING IT UP. i mean hey, my nephew who is 2 can do better then you, so maybe if you lived some where in illinois id buy you a speak and spell :)

well, all i know is jagex always says youll save 3 items as long as you arent skulled, now currently i know of only 2 ways to become skulled, go thru the abyss or attack a person thats NOT attacking you

now people are complaining of loosing their 3 items they brought, if this monster does the skulling, okay then its understandable BUT if its a bug and the monster doesnt do it intetionally well what do i say? id call that a bug

i can see how "chaos elemental" may cause something but i dont see why this would be added or at least without someone on the forums explaining that it would perhaps skull you

in that case, if it skulls non-pkers, and it affects nearby enemies wouldnt it perhaps maybe de-skull pkers?

I retaliated, died, and kept my Whip. (One of the 3 items.) So it must've been a bug. =(

So this still means that the monster is safe if we have auto retaliate off, right...?

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

I retaliated, died, and kept my Whip. (One of the 3 items.) So it must've been a bug. =(

So this still means that the monster is safe if we have auto retaliate off, right...?

It has been for me so far. Though I've been PK'd fairly easily a few times despite being level 112.

Most people are more interested in the chaos elemental, but occasionally you'll get hit by a gang of skulled ppl. Only lost lobbies so far.

wow hearing from you lot..... that chaos elemental means serious business.... although I was hoping to fight it and get a dragon 2 hander but hearing all this means that i'm not strong enough and losing important items when you are not skulled...... :( I wished I was stronger

ADDED: does the elemental skull you too because i'm hearing rumours about it.....

theres is no skull bug, how it is done is pretty easy to understand

usually at the chaos elemental place it is filled with maybe 30 people or something, which are higher and lower lvled (which means you can attack them by just clicking on them)

since pkers usually attack you which causes you to panic, you will then probably try to run away or click somewhere, well you might accidently click on a player to attack them even though your auto retailiate is off, meaning you are instantly skulled

Kuja_Cocoa.png

It has been for me so far. Though I've been PK'd fairly easily a few times despite being level 112.

Most people are more interested in the chaos elemental, but occasionally you'll get hit by a gang of skulled ppl. Only lost lobbies so far.

Yep... same exact situation for me now. If your auto-att is off and you right click for everything (so you don't left click one of the many ppl there) you won't be skulled.

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

theres is no skull bug, how it is done is pretty easy to understand

usually at the chaos elemental place it is filled with maybe 30 people or something, which are higher and lower lvled (which means you can attack them by just clicking on them)

since pkers usually attack you which causes you to panic, you will then probably try to run away or click somewhere, well you might accidently click on a player to attack them even though your auto retailiate is off, meaning you are instantly skulled

well i just stood there and took the hits. didnt try to run, and died and lost everything...and no the monster doesnt skull you i died when the monster was dead and didnt hit me once. i didnt even get to see the monster i went out there to see...god what a waste of my time and items...jagex better get on this..

Anyone been there yet and died to a pker party? well i just went and let me tell you it sucked...i only brought 3 items expecting to die so that i wouldnt lose anything. i didnt attack anyone and when i did get attacked i didnt retaliate because i didnt want a skull. i wouldnt have lost anything anyway having only 3 items right? WRONG. i lost everything i was carrying, all 3 items that i thought were protected in the wildy when you had no skull. apperantly that rule changed because it happened to my friend as well. so is it just me or hae you all lost your items there with no skull? :evil: :evil:

not a glitch. its one of the effects the chaos elemntal does to you when it does one of the 3 of its atks.

not a glitch. its one of the effects the chaos elemntal does to you when it does one of the 3 of its atks.

No, it's not, chaos does not skull ppl.