Runefest 2014 Discussion

Urza285

I called it last night with an online card game like mtg. Im not thoroughly impressed... but earning things in game for it sounds like they will have partial success.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

But RuneScape Oregon Trail would be so much fun!  You play as Customer Support, trying to lead hundreds of thousands of players through mass botting epidemics, restricted trade, and more while they scream and tug you in ten different directions.  Featuring options to mass-mute, mass-ban, or purge the forums of all complaints!

Someone promote this guy already.

09144a99bb.png

I think there might be some sort of plug for UemeU (http://uemeu.com/) which I think Jagex is supporting in some way... Could be wrong though as it isn't obvious on the website, but I defiantly remember seeing Jagex associated with it somewhere...

Also, whoever's going to RF, see you there! :D

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

But RuneScape Oregon Trail would be so much fun!  You play as Customer Support, trying to lead hundreds of thousands of players through mass botting epidemics, restricted trade, and more while they scream and tug you in ten different directions.  Featuring options to mass-mute, mass-ban, or purge the forums of all complaints!

Someone promote this guy already.

I REALLY hope having this title pays off sooner rather than later, buddy.  <.<

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

"here lies [incomprehensible stream of syllables and numbers]. he died from a d/c. also, dysentery."

Is the food at Runefest THAT bad?

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

"here lies [incomprehensible stream of syllables and numbers]. he died from a d/c. also, dysentery."

Is the food at Runefest THAT bad?
That was a reference to my unescape meets Oregon Trail comment. Now we know we are facing some kind of online story builder card game.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The first things that came to mind about a new game were either a TCG or MOBA (a MOBA would be amazing, after the 2nd World Event I really wanted one).

I'd be somewhat interested in an Hearthstone-like TCG, but that poll's game premise seems nothing like that and instead looks so damned boring....

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Maybe if they brought out an RS themed MOBA then they could relax on the twitch gameplay attempts in rs. Although, not sure they'd do a MOBA since they already have Transformers. I'm guessing that whatever it is, is probably a different genre than what they have now in order to not cannibalize their own game.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

That game they just revealed looks cool but someone should teach them to, you know, prepare a speech!

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

So we know one game, what's the other?

Well?

Either it hasn't been revealed yet, or it's the Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde card game...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

https://www.rschronicle.com/

Copypasta from reddit:

[Pre RuneFest notes]

• Free-to-play
  • Previously named RuneScape Odyssey

[Main/meta details]

• RS Chronicle - name
  • New genre, new gameplay, new visuals, all RuneScape
  • RuneScape Legends - description
  • RuneScape Odyssey, basically
  • Follows RuneScape's footsteps

[slideshow details]

• Build a Quest
  • Ground breaking collectable card gameplay
  • Uniquely RS visuals
  • For tablet, mobile, and PC
  • Same feel
  • Same characters
  • Same community
  • Same "fun"
  • New experiences
  • Only 4 J-Mods working on it: Mod ThatJim, Mod Fox30
  • "Automation"
  • (opinion) Similar to Adventure Quest with a mix of card games
  • "A quest building, collectable card game set in the rich RuneScape universe"
  • RPG + CCG
  • "A game about stories"
  • Fight Cards - fight
  • Adventure Cards - gives advantages
  • Will play through Heroes/Legends
  • Linza - will craft weapons, Defence, Strength in inventory
  • Raptor - powerful armor boosts
  • Works like Solstrike

["What have you seen?"]

• 13 weeks of development
  • pre-alpha with 58 unique cards
  • 2 legends

["What's to come?"]

• Custom decks with unique gameplay
  • More legends
  • More play styles
  • Crafting system
  • Leaderboards/highscores
  • New modes

[Connection with RuneScape 3/Old School RuneScape]

• Playable simultaneously with RuneScape 3/Old School RuneScape
  • Optional card pack drops from RuneScape 3 (only)

[Release date]

• Sometime in 2015
  • On PC & Mac, tablet and mobile

I guess my gut feeling is that jagex really doesnt seem to be wanting to try anything truly innovative and instead trying to cash in on the current trend for card games and MOBA's. Therefore by just following the crowd I fail to see how this or Transformers will ever truly take off.

Is the fact that you can play on mobile devices new for this type of game?

Oh, ok. :D

Heard a new continent is coming for OSRS, any info on that one?

I really can't seem to find info online about it.

Nothing was really revealed about the continent.

Rs3 future update reveals will start in 18 minutes.

(Will edit with more info as stream goes on)

• Runelabs: Player Idea System; Support for proposing and reviewing player ideas for what should be released into the games. Instead of Jagex ideas being polled, player ideas will be polled more
  • Half of update schedule from runelabs, polled every month, with at least one player idea update released every month

• 200th Quest: Look back at RoD quest.  Asked themselves the question: What if there were no heroes at all?
  • Artwork of hypothetical situations if our hero hadn't stopped evil villains in quest (Zemourguel takes over Varrock)
  • Alternate reality where hero never existed; players decide which villains we'll see in quest
  • (Mod Mark has the largest black bead collection 3k+)

• Zamorak Heist quest: Hero puts together team to help Zamorak take back stone of Jas, Ocean's 11 style. Player choice in composition of team, silly or serious, etc.

• Rune golem quest: Someone wants to teleport abyss into Gielinor. build Golem to help you sniff down the criminals (ETA this year)

• Christmas 2014 - Bring snowboarding to RS; Giant World Event Christmas Cracker

• Player-Owned Ports: Further Eastern lands exploration; 3 new adventures in new directions rather than longer voyages. Possible level 85 magic and melee weapons. Focus on ninja updates to make updating your voyages easier, more accessible

• Talking about updates from last RuneFest that didn't materialize:
  • HTML5; Performance issues. Rewrote HTML5 client. No more loading screens upon entry into game or into new area. (Shows footage of existing (java?) client vs new (presumably) HTML5 client). Unclear if new client is based on HTML5 or not. Definitely not java. Seems to be a "More focused" version of HTML5. Available on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Beta available in a few months (hopefully)
  • Valley of the Death: Pking mechanic, permadeath; Some mechanics addressed by Ironman mode (RELEASE DATE: MONDAY) Still want to rejuvenate the wilderness
  • Inventor skill: Mod Mark wanted Inventor. Reworking Inventor into adding into existing skills rather than developing new skill

Some Ideas:

• Fletching: Rapid fire bows
  • Construction: More surface world building
  • Smithing: Custom armour
  • Cooking: Weird crazy master chef multiplayer cooking

World Events:

• Cooperative World Event: Tuska!
  • Tuska has portal on her back to summon followers
  • No guarantee of win
  • Hidden temples on her back to explore.
  • Multi-stage conflicts
  • Nothing is certain

Random stuff/possible ideas:

• New God Wars Dungeon
  • Minigame spotlights
  • Mod Mark really wants to make in-game shops useful
  • Ironman launches MONDAY
  • Like 1
Flyingjj.png