Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2 March 2015 - Beta: EoC/Legacy Mash-up

Update

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Kevjumba
[ Display Name History ]

Kevjumba

Goblin Armour

• Editorial Panel
  • 97 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kevjumba

Why does everybody need to be able to test high level gear?

Because that's the gear that matters the most? There's plenty of people like me who have access to high level gear (because I'm a Comped player and I can afford any weapon I damn please), but I don't have the time to do beta testing for them, or any desire at this point, so I won't. Meanwhile there's plenty of people who may be willing to test stuff but don't have access to all the gear.
IMO low and mid level tiers (think tier 40-->tier 70) is more important, but that's just my opinion. I think most people who play are using gear in that range (many can use tier 80+ but choose not to because of their prices), which is why I think it is more important. I know it can be hard to believe, but I would hazard to guess that comped players don't actually make up that much of the overall Runescape population, and as such, while testing for high level gear is necessary and vital, it shouldn't "matter the most."

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT

wait, we'll get a title if we manage to screw up the beta hard enough to derail it? that sounds like an invitation i can't turn down

I think that was a pretty smart addition on their part to get some folks to help them beta-test who otherwise wouldn't.

I'm also waiting for Tranq to get that title.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Why does everybody need to be able to test high level gear?

Because that's the gear that matters the most? There's plenty of people like me who have access to high level gear (because I'm a Comped player and I can afford any weapon I damn please), but I don't have the time to do beta testing for them, or any desire at this point, so I won't. Meanwhile there's plenty of people who may be willing to test stuff but don't have access to all the gear.
IMO low and mid level tiers (think tier 40-->tier 70) is more important, but that's just my opinion. I think most people who play are using gear in that range (many can use tier 80+ but choose not to because of their prices), which is why I think it is more important. I know it can be hard to believe, but I would hazard to guess that comped players don't actually make up that much of the overall Runescape population, and as such, while testing for high level gear is necessary and vital, it shouldn't "matter the most."

Well, overall, RS has dwindled to just the hardcore audience. Not that many new players sign up or stick around. Its the hardcore of the hardcore that stick around. No one really cares if level 50 weaponry is broken or anything, even if it is and someone is abusing it, it is unlikely to have an economic impact. Whereas if T90 weaponry is broken, that's going to have a huge impact. It's not like before where leveling was slow and people stayed low level for long times, now a days people breeze past the lower levels within days. No one particularly cares, including Jagex, if lower level bosses are dead content or broken - but they definitely care if something happens to stuff like Rago or Nex or Rots - as evidenced by the many changes they've made to keep them relevant. So I do think higher level weaponry is a) more important, and b) Jagex certainly treats it with more priority.

Also, high level weapons don't necessarily require you to be comped. Lots of people use t80+ weaponry, but not all or even most are comped.

Kevjumba
[ Display Name History ]

Kevjumba

Goblin Armour

• Editorial Panel
  • 97 posts
  • RSN:Kevjumba
"No one particularly cares, including Jagex, if lower level bosses are dead content or broken"
Perhaps that's a reason why not many new players sign up and stick around?

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

"No one particularly cares, including Jagex, if lower level bosses are dead content or broken"

It might seem that it is a reason, but it isn't really. Runescape is a really really old game now, and growth has slowed down, and MMORPGs are sort of yesterday's news anyways. There was a time when through stuff like Miniclips there were all sorts of people signing up, but that was years ago.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Yaay positive feedback. Lower level content is broken or useless -> low level players jump ship -> no reason to fix low level content. It works~

It's pretty easy to see why they wouldn't want to give out T90, considering how many massive problems there were with lower-level things only being possible in T80+ because that's all people tested in...

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT

It might seem that it is a reason, but it isn't really. Runescape is a really really old game now, and growth has slowed down, and MMORPGs are sort of yesterday's news anyways. There was a time when through stuff like Miniclips there were all sorts of people signing up, but that was years ago.

There are definitely several contributing factors, some of which can be changed, some of which cannot. Low-level content being broken is one of the ones which can and should be changed. It's not going to turn things around immediately, but it will help, and that's absolutely worth doing.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users