Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What happened to these forums?

154 replies to this topic

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

Wow there's No Limits to the amount of dead forums on Tip.It these days

:twss:

Just kidding that board was bad.

hzvjpwS.gif

saywuuuut
[ Display Name History ]

saywuuuut

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 87 posts

I feel as though this is truer now than ever before... what happened in the past couple months?

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,546 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

We are all to blame. :'(

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,469 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

It is basically the informational era 2.0, where there is too much info almost everywhere (mainly Wikia >.>).

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 545 posts

Not to mention youtube? And yea, the game had exploded into an insane amount of content too.

Princess Viola
[ Display Name History ]

Princess Viola

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • RSN '07:Sailor Viola

I can't speak for others, but I'm caught in a cycle here.

I'd like to be more active here (since I prefer using forums over sites like Reddit), but since this place is very inactive these days, it feels like there'd be no real point to post due to the inactivity, but me not posting doesn't help the view that this board is getting less and less active.

Cheat
[ Display Name History ]

Cheat

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • RSN:Miserly
  • RSN2:Snavex

Maybe we should subsidise the forum with questions we already know the answers to? 

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,958 posts

I can't speak for others, but I'm caught in a cycle here.

I'd like to be more active here (since I prefer using forums over sites like Reddit), but since this place is very inactive these days, it feels like there'd be no real point to post due to the inactivity, but me not posting doesn't help the view that this board is getting less and less active.

This. Also, since the Tip.it help-site (as a distinct thing from the Forums) are basically dead and outmoded by the Wiki/Twitch/Reddit, there's really no real for new people to join the forums, and without new blood, it's sort of a slow death, particularly as older members move away from the forums.

Which is a shame, because there's a lot of people that would be better to suited to traditional forums as opposed to Reddits, or better suited to using both (as I do), but they aren't aware of it. I constantly see people posting blogs/trivial accomplishments of Reddit, only to get - understandably - hate for spamming Reddit, when they could just as easily post that elsewhere.

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,299 posts
  • RSN:blazemovifan

Come to think of it I'm noticing a huge lack of posts as well. It is sad how inactive this community has become.

I don't use reddit myself, and probably never will.

But yeah, the last post in the rants forum and suggestions forum is from over 3 months ago. That is awful, these used to be very active, in fact they were very active before I left in late 2015.

anakin57
[ Display Name History ]

anakin57

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

sadly this has been the case of most forums that were popular years ago

Currently playing: RS, SC2, and Goldeneye - LOTS and lots of Goldeneye

http://www.LFGdating.com

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,447 posts
They got PKed in wildy and died.
17602746ad.png

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,546 posts
  • RSN:wkw

Smited for their user count by #rot

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

MRTF
[ Display Name History ]

MRTF

Unicorn Horn

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 211 posts
  • RSN:hokuspokus
  • Clan:BBinRS

Eh. Even though Tip.It might not be as popular as it used to be, I personally don't plan on leaving ever. This was my "home" when I started playing at almost the very beginning and it still is. There were a lot of other sites such as Tip.It; Like rune HQ, rune wiki etc. But Tip.It was the one that really touched my heart somehow.

That being said, it hurts a bit to see the site being so quiet. There are many ways the site can be improved, such as updating the database more frequently and hosting Tip.It events in-game more often and keeping our relationship with JaGex closer are all advantages we should pursuit. However I've done that all and I admit it's not easy and it takes a lot of dedication, something not all of us have anymore. We have work, and families now. And as someone said in this thread, we don't attract new players as well as we used to. So problem is there's not enough people to look after the site to properly shout to the world that Tip.It is still alive with a sound beating heart.

Another problem is the game itself. I personally lost interest with EoC. Then I came back, but I just never could get over the unfair game-play on playing on legacy mode. The new combat system was ridiculously OP and some of the content of the game demands you to have it, which sucks. Another letdown were the thaler system with the minigames, ruining all the fun.

And if players don't play the game anymore, they have little reason to visit the Tip.It website, that's the cold truth.

Still, we've made it this far. The website is still here, it's not deleted or anything. So there is still hope on making that comeback. It just requires a lot of work from a lot of people. Teamwork is the way to glory. And I one day intend to return yet again, to help the site grow. And I'm sure many others are eager to return as well, but real life has it's own toll.

Do not lose heart, fight for even the smallest hope. Do not give quarter to the forces of evil. Pursuit kindness and embrace love.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,447 posts
With the wiki around, I don't think the main website is relevant at all anymore honestly.
A few dedicated editors cannot hope to compete against hundreds and thousands of people who immediately add and update any new information to the wiki pages. The people claiming that the wiki is shit and full of wrong information are grossly over-exaggerating (sure, "anyone can edit it", but aside from drop rates and xp rates everything is easily verifiable in-game and for every invalid piece of information, there will be someone fixing it.)

What the wiki doesn't have, is a decent forum. As far as I'm aware they have some kind of semblance of forum which is needlessly hard to find and access (willing to bet most people aren't even aware of it), and even then they're basically wiki talk pages... the format is horrible.

People like Reddit because everyone knows about Reddit, and its format makes it easy to just find the newest thing that's popular at the time, but... Reddit really does not work well at all as an actual forum.

I'm sorry to say, but I don't think the main Tip.It website is really worth the effort anymore. At least not the database part of it; the calculators are awesome and really easy to use, those are definitely worth focusing on.

Perhaps we need to advertise the forum a bit more. Not by spamming the url everywhere and telling everyone to visit it, but word of mouth can go a long way; telling friends and clan mates, there might be people who just aren't aware of most fansite forums because they never really bothered looking past Reddit.
17602746ad.png

Aegis V
[ Display Name History ]

Aegis V

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Ageis V
  • RSN '07:N/A

With the wiki around, I don't think the main website is relevant at all anymore honestly.
A few dedicated editors cannot hope to compete against hundreds and thousands of people who immediately add and update any new information to the wiki pages. The people claiming that the wiki is shit and full of wrong information are grossly over-exaggerating (sure, "anyone can edit it", but aside from drop rates and xp rates everything is easily verifiable in-game and for every invalid piece of information, there will be someone fixing it.)

What the wiki doesn't have, is a decent forum. As far as I'm aware they have some kind of semblance of forum which is needlessly hard to find and access (willing to bet most people aren't even aware of it), and even then they're basically wiki talk pages... the format is horrible.

People like Reddit because everyone knows about Reddit, and its format makes it easy to just find the newest thing that's popular at the time, but... Reddit really does not work well at all as an actual forum.

I'm sorry to say, but I don't think the main Tip.It website is really worth the effort anymore. At least not the database part of it; the calculators are awesome and really easy to use, those are definitely worth focusing on.

Perhaps we need to advertise the forum a bit more. Not by spamming the url everywhere and telling everyone to visit it, but word of mouth can go a long way; telling friends and clan mates, there might be people who just aren't aware of most fansite forums because they never really bothered looking past Reddit.

I agree with this. Although, I feel like the tip.it community should focus on the forum aspects of Tip.it.

I don't think Tip.it can compete with RSWiki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users