Ban on violent video games

Fetal_Servitude

i think they should drop this debate over violent related video games i think they should leave it because with out vilolence the kids wont like it and its not every day u see a game "without" viloence its impossible to get a kid and sit him or her down adn get them to learn by playing video games its impossible thts wat i think. :P

\../, ( * . * ) ,\../

I want a ban on computer games that make people type complete gibberish.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

No there shouldn't.

No matter what happens, no matter what you do, there's always gonna be one ignorant dillweed who ruins it for everyone. All they have to say is "I got the idea from grand theft auto" and the world's suddenly in embers.

Should they ban violent music with profanity and satanism in it? Nope.

Should they ban boxing and pro wrestling because that's violent too? Nope.

Is runescape violent because people cut each other up with swords? Yep. But whoop dee doo, banning them isn't gonna solve all the worlds problems.

logo.jpg

Wait, I actually had planned a decent length post. But this has been discussed so many times, so poorly, that I just don't care anymore. They can't come steal my video games. If they do I'll steal their car. And go on drive-by shootings.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

i think that violence in video games making kids kill is complete, excuse my language, bulls**t. when the kids say "gta made me do it", they are actualy saying "im blamming this on a company who has NOTHING to do with this so i dont get introuble" [or something along those lines.] has anyone noticed that, since gta 3, kid violence has DROPPED 53%?

and i like the idea of a violent educational game! "GTA: LIBRARY STORIES"

Every child should be forced to play "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing". I used that when I was little, and I saw a new version out at Wal-Mart the other day.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

i think they should drop this debate over violent related video games i think they should leave it because with out vilolence the kids wont like it and its not every day u see a game "without" viloence its impossible to get a kid and sit him or her down adn get them to learn by playing video games its impossible thts wat i think. :P

I dont think theynshould ban them we kids, teenagers, adults love to play these games. If they banned vilonce games then they will they will have to ban vilonet film. Coz most vedio games are based on some sort of film. It is like you are in the film being that person if you get me

Yeah, I think some educational games about punctuation would be really cool. Maybe you can shoot the teacher every time you remember to put in a period or a comma.

HEHE a game were you can kill the teacher AWSOME

Coz most vedio games are based on some sort of film.

How very untrue.

I ment most volient ones

E.G:

The Matrix

Resedent evil

Ok you might have me on this one. But my point is if they ban volent video games then they miht start to ban volient films as well

...Resident Evil is a movie based on a game...

The vast majority of violent games are not based on films, and the same can be said for games in general. Whether you meant violent games or otherwise, it is just not true.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Every child should be forced to play "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing". I used that when I was little, and I saw a new version out at Wal-Mart the other day.

Ahhh I used to love saving those penguins in the games room... :wink:

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Which version was that? I barely remember the game, it was the 1991 edition when I was 5.

Tons of shareware educational games came with our old old computer. I think they should come with the new ones.

I want to see more educational games with fun gameplay. Like that house of the dead game where you typed to kill zombies.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Which version was that? I barely remember the game, it was the 1991 edition when I was 5.

That's a good question, it was on my dad's old laptop, probably about 4 or 5 years ago. I seem to remember some of the graphics seemed pretty nifty at the time. :P

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Two of the excellent educational games I remember well:

Zoombeenies

The Magic Schoolbus - the one inside the human body

The best Magic Schoolbus game, in my opinion, was the geology one. I spent hours upon hours playing that as a kid. :P

And banning violent games isn't going to change human nature. Violent games don't make violent people, violent people make violent games.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

Best educational game was Math Dodger. :wink:

I've been playing violent games since I was in middle school. I've learned things from my video games; I go out and kill people without thinking. My life is just sooo violent. :roll:

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

I think they should just drop this. The best games have vilolence in them.

There was a study a while back (can't find the website atm) but it said violence from young people decresed from 1990 instead of increasing because of the violent games.

If you don't know that it's just a game then you shouldn't be playing it.

I think the sale of MA games to minors should be enforced. I walked into Gamestop and bought GTA liberty city for the psp and they sold me it. I'm only 15 too.

goldenblade995.png

Hardly. Violence sells. It's the new 'sex sells' almost.

Except that they're both running strong.

yeh man. violence is the new sex.

Agree!

Imagine games without any violence, imagine that you couldnt even kick someone... how boring would it be? Just "school" games.... Lol...

~komodo

komododabst3cn.png

Hardly. Violence sells. It's the new 'sex sells' almost.

Except that they're both running strong.

yeh man. violence is the new sex.

Agree!

Imagine games without any violence, imagine that you couldnt even kick someone... how boring would it be? Just "school" games.... Lol...

~komodo

The most popular game on my Uni campus is Sudoku, a number game. After that come board games. Tetris and other puzzle games are non-violent.

There are TONS of non-violent good games.

Untitled.png

Two of the excellent educational games I remember well:

Zoombeenies

The Magic Schoolbus - the one inside the human body

The best Magic Schoolbus game, in my opinion, was the geology one. I spent hours upon hours playing that as a kid. :P

And banning violent games isn't going to change human nature. Violent games don't make violent people, violent people make violent games.

I had the Solar System, Rainforest, Inside the Earth, Human Body, and Dinosaurs ones. Was also my favorite television series. So awesome, with Mrs. Frizzle and everyone :D.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"