POH closer than we think? (April)

DarkDude

My friend just sent me a link to a site which lists ALL of the items in runescape, in the newest items, there are about 1000ish NEW items, which appear to be related to player owned houses.

Things such as work benches, fences, hedges.

There's some "Decoration" things which you can use with your house. Even some things which you get for doing certain tasks (KQ head, KBD head, Abyssal demon head, aswell as lots of other heads of slayer monsters) Also there's "Rune Armour" down to mith and it mentions smithing. There's also Silverlight, legends cape etc which I think shows you've done those quests and you can hang it up on the wall. There's also a COMBAT RING and range/mage training spots.

There's loads of other things. I would post the link to the site, but I'm not sure It's allowed because they obviously get the information due to hex editing.

This might be an April fools joke, but why add close to ONE THOUSAND new items for a joke? Seems to be going a bit too far for me.

Anyway, just posting it here. If this is against the rules then close it, if not then leave it open.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice can you just show some of these items (as screenies or something)

There were no pictures, just the item name, examine, actions etc.

Too easily faked then. I won't believe it until I see it.

i+am+me1.png

untitled6kv7.gif

link to site, pl0x?

I'll post a link to the site when a mod/admin says it's alright.

Here are some of the items.

Portal

"Use this to leave the house."

ID: #13405

Actions: Enter; Lock; Remove;

Size: x: 2, y: 2

Mapletree

"A lovely addition to the garden."

ID: #13423

Actions: Remove;

Gazebo

"Run for it! It`s a gazebo!"

ID: #13477

Abyssal demon head

"A trophy of a mighty slayer!"

ID: #13485

Actions: Talk-to; Remove;

Size: x: 1, y: 1

KBD heads

"A trophy of a mighty dragon-slayer!"

ID: #13486

Actions: Talk-to; Remove;

Mounted shark

"A trophy of a master fisher."

ID: #13490

Rune armour

"Only the finest smiths can work runite."

ID: #13493

Gold Castlewars armour

"Armour won by a great Castle Wars player."

ID: #13496

Rune display case

"Law, Blood, Soul and Death runes made by a great runecrafter."

ID: #13509

Larder

"A nicely carved oak larder to keep food cool."

ID: #13567

Actions: Search; Remove;

Helmet pluming stand

"You can add a plume to your helmet here."

ID: #13716

Actions: Make-helmet; Remove;

Size: x: 1, y: 2

Painting stand

"You can paint your logo onto your heraldic shield here."

ID: #13717

Actions: Use; Remove;

Banner making stand

"You can make a banner with your logo on here."

ID: #13718

Actions: Use; Remove;

Just some things.

Does Jagex really add 1000s of items into the game and then magically reveal them during a system update?

Is this how a system update works?

I thought during a system update, the servers all go offline while new data is being added to them.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Does Jagex really add 1000s of items into the game and then magically reveal them during a system update?

I thought during a system update, the servers all go offline while new data is being added to them.

Yes you're right, they update the .java files, compile them, then just restart server to make the changes appear on the server.

If this is real, it could be possible to spawn the items on a private server, and reveal pics of them... I wonder why they add them before the real update though.

Uula.png

Yes you're right, they update the .java files, compile them, then just restart server to make the changes appear on the server.

If this is real, it could be possible to spawn the items on a private server, and reveal pics of them... I wonder why they add them before the real update though.

Maybe it cuts down on update time (loading of new data), if during each system update they add bits and pieces of future planned updates.

Instead of sending huge data file during a massive update such as recipe for disaster.

But, you would think it would make for a tougher scheduling.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Maybe it cuts down on update time (loading of new data), if during each system update they add bits and pieces of future planned updates.

Instead of sending huge data file during a massive update such as recipe for disaster.

But, you would think it would make for a tougher scheduling.

They can edit the .java files hen the server is still running, so they simply edit, save, compile, shut down server and rerun it.

Uula.png

maybe they added it early to save somework if they want to release it on april 1st which is a saterday

Barrows drops to date: ahrim's skirt, hood and top x 5. Dharoks legs top x 2 and helm. Guthan's legs and plate. torags plate x 2. verc's flail skirt brassard x 2. karil's x bow coif and top

1st d drop 03/03/06 d med in barrows

A) I have never heard of an update on a saturday. It is normally monday to wednesday.

B) Jagex will not release that many items at 1 time for 2 reasons:

1) Think of rares markets and how this would suddenly unbalance it, causing a sudden jut as Whips, which(when first out) when for Party hats(something Jagex does not want to do again)

2) The huge number of items would take Computer Severs about 5 minutes to load to computers, then once that was done the second wave of people attempting to login would come, then another and another

C) If Jagex were going to release houses in April they would have released the Items this month, such as seeds

D) If these facts are true then thank Zaros/God/Saradomin/Zamorak/Any other god that you know. Because this would almost certainly mean that houses would not be in a single plot because it would destroy the want for these items. (How many times would only you seeing a Dragon's head be interesting?)

E)Houses are gonna be a massive update by themseleves, they would not be released with that many items. Most people don't read the updates, so there would be a virtually unlimited supply of newbs to the idea asking the few that do(like me). If it was gonna happen then there would have to be some sort of annoucement when people logged in or mods would get swamped.

F) Houses would bring guild halls which would close down many of the tip sites(like this one) because it means easy access and Jagex get access to it and therefore power over them. The forums like this one would become more and more obsolete as time went on.(This would cripple Tip It's power, following, usefulness and free speach would become limited free speach. Power will shift so easierly)

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Rune display case

"Law, Blood, Soul and Death runes made by a great runecrafter."

ID: #13509

z0mg blood crafting pl0x??????????? I really hope this is true... And I'm almost a great runecrafter :P

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Just going to put some of my answers to your questions.

A) I have never heard of an update on a saturday. It is normally monday to wednesday.

B) Jagex will not release that many items at 1 time for 2 reasons:

1) Think of rares markets and how this would suddenly unbalance it, causing a sudden jut as Whips, which(when first out) when for Party hats(something Jagex does not want to do again)

2) The huge number of items would take Computer Severs about 5 minutes to load to computers, then once that was done the second wave of people attempting to login would come, then another and another

C) If Jagex were going to release houses in April they would have released the Items this month, such as seeds

D) If these facts are true then thank Zaros/God/Saradomin/Zamorak/Any other god that you know. Because this would almost certainly mean that houses would not be in a single plot because it would destroy the want for these items. (How many times would only you seeing a Dragon's head be interesting?)

E)Houses are gonna be a massive update by themseleves, they would not be released with that many items. Most people don't read the updates, so there would be a virtually unlimited supply of newbs to the idea asking the few that do(like me). If it was gonna happen then there would have to be some sort of annoucement when people logged in or mods would get swamped.

F) Houses would bring guild halls which would close down many of the tip sites(like this one) because it means easy access and Jagex get access to it and therefore power over them. The forums like this one would become more and more obsolete as time went on.(This would cripple Tip It's power, following, usefulness and free speach would become limited free speach. Power will shift so easierly)

Jagex could really careless about the price of rares they do nothing to manipulate the prices and truth be told dont like the way that things that where ment to be fun have spiralled out of control so if they did put an item in and someone wanted to pay a rare for it that is completly upto the players invovled.

If they did add a whole load of items in one go and the servers take awhile to update its no big deal 5 minutes or even 10 minutes for the update to install is a drop in the water when it comes to online games.

Try Something a little bigger like WOW, COH etc and see how long one of their updates can take to get even on a semi fast connection.

Who says they havent introuduced items needed for POH's or whats needed for it Teak and I think its Mahoghny trees have been around a good while with no aparant use as of yet.

You cant say that Jagex will preview each new skill a month before its released because they have only done it with one every other skill just came no fanfare/preview as such

I cant see how housing would effect sites like Tip.It in such a bad way as state I really do not get what you are saying about guild halls.

If anything was going to effect fansites in the way stated it would have been the offical RS forum and in my eyes it didnt have a dent.

sined_starbo.png

My friend just sent me a link to a site which lists ALL of the items in runescape, in the newest items, there are about 1000ish NEW items, which appear to be related to player owned houses.

Things such as work benches, fences, hedges.

There's some "Decoration" things which you can use with your house. Even some things which you get for doing certain tasks (KQ head, KBD head, Abyssal demon head, aswell as lots of other heads of slayer monsters) Also there's "Rune Armour" down to mith and it mentions smithing. There's also Silverlight, legends cape etc which I think shows you've done those quests and you can hang it up on the wall. There's also a COMBAT RING and range/mage training spots.

There's loads of other things. I would post the link to the site, but I'm not sure It's allowed because they obviously get the information due to hex editing.

This might be an April fools joke, but why add close to ONE THOUSAND new items for a joke? Seems to be going a bit too far for me.

Anyway, just posting it here. If this is against the rules then close it, if not then leave it open.

Um... NO! Of all people, I think I would know about it. I was one who posted the april fools items. And with in my data base of pictures there were none for POHs.... Sorry kid to flame you, But no.

sig3ya5.jpg

First place Winner of Nick 6464 F2P custom contest.