To ALL citizens of Runescape! About the level 37 Alter

Oergg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about just getting a p2p account?

Oergg has been P2P for almost the entire time P2P has been out.

You are not cool because you pay.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Oergg I love you, and it is very smart of you to be doing this. If it were some lower level or less famous person, other people would try and poke some holes in it.

26 sets in 2 months. You may not PK a lot, but you certainly do pk a fair amount.

This is a great idea for pkers like yourself, and I support it as something good for pkers, wars, etc.

Don't try and make it sound like it will benefit everyone. I got a good laugh out of your list of how it benefits those of every skill. Smithers will be saved due to the "need" of addy hatchets? With the amount of people who can make them, the amount of people who already have a good hatchet, the small amount of possible profit (because you know the price won't rise much if at all), and the amount of people that will consistently use the new altar, they won't be saved. You're making it sound as if dragon is becoming smithable and that high lvl smithers will have something to make that will make them good profit again.

The same method of logic applies to many of the other skills as well.

You're also calling on people to get more good runes per thieve, more things per harvest while farming...

You've been playing more than long enough to have run across people in game, and people on tip.it and other forums asking for such things. "More of this, that needs to be easier..." And they have always been greeted by players of a high lvl and caliber like yourself to be noobs who want the game to be easier because the can't tough it out.

Why is it now ok to ask for these things? Because it benefits your plan? Because it gets more people to reply to your post on the offical forums?

You're smart, I'm sure you will respond inteligently discrediting what I have said. Not to mention your many tip.it/RS supporters who will reply "bashing" what I say. But, think about what I said, you must feel that it as at least slightly true.

~Dave

In almost complete retirement.

goodbye0vx.png

well i did exaggerate how much it would help others, but when you look at how many people DO have addy+ hatchets, look at pkers bank pics, theyre not trail hunters; frankly there isnt many with more than 1 or 2 hatchets, theyll be gone like poof, and most people probably wont waste the inv space to loot a better hatchet

as to calling on the more in skills; look at herblaw forums, as it stands its kinda a pain to ger limpwurt roots, but with enough dedication you can buy them; with the increase in sweetcorn farming for potatoes weve seen a decrease in the farming ov limpwurt root plants

doing this would increase the use of regular str potions, thus need more limps

like you said, im making it sound better than it may be in the end, but its an ideal, youve been around awhile so you may or may not remember how freat stuff like bdk vs the world was, a massive % ov the game got into the feeling, even the non pkers felt something about it, because the effects it had were far beyound just the wilderness; they truely did reach every skill short ov firemaking

p2p wars the week before pots just exploded, im focusing on f2p as a reality, but i think everyone who knows me know id love to see p2p become this as well

Of course the things you want to do will make it harder for those working on Slayer. Prayer pots cost more. Food costs more. And only ten minutes of re-prayer on metal dragons or Aberrant Spectors just does not cut it at all. Why should anyone trying to level up Slayer support this?

Is what your really after is a big battlefield for these gang wars?

Why don't you just request that as opposed to trying to get them to redo parts of the wildy?

I can't see how the chaos altar over there is going to be any better than the demonic ruins.

You still going to get looters, luring, protect prayers etc.

Thats just how people play nowadays.

Get some new mini game where you get a huge battle field with 2 hills on either side.

On each hill are encapments where a stock tent can be found to deposit your stuff directly to bank.

Wildy rules apply, and respawn in lumby etc. when dead.

Just a thought.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

every improvement to bring back PvP to life and kill merchanting and aid skillers will have my 200% SUPPORT.

start with changing f2p wild, end with the rest of rs!

nice work oergg

this topic is getting way to less support :x

Is what your really after is a big battlefield for these gang wars?

Why don't you just request that as opposed to trying to get them to redo parts of the wildy?

I can't see how the chaos altar over there is going to be any better than the demonic ruins.

You still going to get looters, luring, protect prayers etc.

Thats just how people play nowadays.

Get some new mini game where you get a huge battle field with 2 hills on either side.

On each hill are encapments where a stock tent can be found to deposit your stuff directly to bank.

Wildy rules apply, and respawn in lumby etc. when dead.

Just a thought.

This here is a smart man. Why not just create a brand new clan war section, either in the wilderness or a mini game like Castle Wars. I think this could be an even better idea than all these changes you want to make.

At the before the game, the clan leaders can choose rules, equipment, etc. The rules will include combat types allowed, respawn time, prayers allowed, etc. Also, at the beginning of the war, all members of the clan are allowed to deposit into their respawn chests for equipment that they will lose.

I dunno, I don't wanna think to hard on it cause I dont see it happening. It would involve a lot of clan support being integrated into the game. Before we update all this stuff you suggest, I think what we need more is TEAM CAPES ON F2P FFS.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I love your idea as I am soon going to start pking in f2p. I also think this will help many f2pers on leveling. Think about it ice giants and warriors right near canoe.quick bank=faster xp.Faster xp=faster combat lvls. I look forward to posting on the forums and supporting this idea. However, I'm very sure there are gonna be some low life flamers that will go and flame you on there. Gl with your plan and gl with your post.

sigua8.png

^Thank you Despaxes for the sig

This here is a smart man. Why not just create a brand new clan war section, either in the wilderness or a mini game like Castle Wars. I think this could be an even better idea than all these changes you want to make.

like i said we need to live in reality, we know jagex wont have any real clan support untill after new skills, after that MAYBE, but i dont see it happening

like i said we need to live in reality, we know jagex wont have any real clan support untill after new skills, after that MAYBE, but i dont see it happening

Reality is that the wildy wasn't designed for wars between hundreds of players.

Just requesting a simple battlefield with two 1 click chests at either end and wildy rules is no more unreasonable than all those things you suggested.

Anyhow, its just a suggestion if your plan doesnt work.

I just think your asking for too many things to be changed and Jagex doesnt seem that willing to make sweeping changes to already existing things.

It might be easier to coax them into something new, thats small.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I'll support. :D

And your writing is remarkably similar to Hitler's...

In a good way. :shock:

So true, though he doesn't seem quite as bent on power. And I support, but being f2p, I just have to try and coax my friends into supporting it. No one say "Just pay the five bucks" because due to my parents, that is not an option.

I fully support this. Okay i do need the extra money it will bring to the fishing market. :roll:

A mad scientist in the attic, the owner is a vampire that dwells in the basement, a witch, skeletons, ghosts....

And you thought YOUR neighbors were weird!

I don't support, for many reasons.

1) Making the area around the alter Multi will be annoying, will make the KBD impossible to get to, same with the rune mine.

2) The 10 minute prayer rule, while killing KBD I usauly go and recharge prayer there while waiting for the KBD to respawn, That's every 5 minutes or so, wouldn't work.

Why not make a new alter east of the Greater Demons? Where it currently is single and make that little bit that was single multi. That way it's not "Out of the way" nor does it effect anything already in the game and thus gives no disadvantage to anyone unlike what you were suggesting.

Oergg, you do realize that if Jagex does impose a 10 min prayer hugging rule, this will GREATLY ruin DM's at the lv 13 altar? Also ruin people who barrow too. Runs dont usually last more than 8-9 mins-ish. (For me anyways, im a pretty fast barrow'er). The prayer hugging rule will greatly affect alot of things.

Oergg, you do realize that if Jagex does impose a 10 min prayer hugging rule, this will GREATLY ruin DM's at the lv 13 altar? Also ruin people who barrow too. Runs dont usually last more than 8-9 mins-ish. (For me anyways, im a pretty fast barrow'er). The prayer hugging rule will greatly affect alot of things.

Some of us would say that it is great, because it would raise prices on the barrows armor and keep them hard to get. I don't want to see uber-inflation like runite. Two years ago runite armor was a big deal...now its barely anything.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

i hope jagex will listen to this idea...but i have serious doudts. you are asking for to much and jagex listens to us little as it is already. what makes you think they will listen to something BIG like this when they barly listen to the little problems. this update, if it is accepted wont be placed into the game soon tho, so dont go expecting to see this in a week. never the less, i hope that this gets placed into effect and congradulate you on your good idea. good luck

~burming

It's a very interesting idea, I sorta like it. Many of the problems that have been pointed out do have credibility, imo. So...revise as necessary perhaps. :)

The real kick that I get out of your post is that it sounds exactly like one of those fervant speeches that dictators give to their followers. Filled with phrases like "People of runescape (or country)" "To all of the...!" etc.

I must say, you did that rather well. :)

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.