Bug in movement!!

spazguitar306

So I finally got around to doing the Temple of Ikov Quest today. And I get to the part where you have to fight the fire warrior with ice arrows and such. Well I had protect from magic on for a while and I was doing okay against him, but then my prayer ran out and I didn't have a prayer pot left. So I decided I needed to leave before I got killed.

I thought things were going fine, I was just a little annoyed that I would have to try that part again. So I click towards the door and the little red flag thing appears on the mini-map. But I didn't move for a second. While I wasn't moving, this warrior his two 8's on me. I was getting a little annoyed so I ate the last two lobbies I had with me. I try clicking to walk around the fire warrior cause I figured he might act like a baricade and you have to click around him. I still don't move... At this point I'm getting frustrated seeing several 6's and 7's getting hit. I eat the last of my lobbies... Get hit for two more 8's in a row... And as I get hit for the last amount of dagamge, my character runs in the OPPOSITE direction that I clicked and then turns around and dies while I'm running towards the door... I only lost a rune large, rune kite, and 20 limpwurt roots... But you can only image how annoying this was for me. There should be no reason for a level 77 to die against a level 84!

Now if this had been a fair loss, for instance, if I had just stood there and tried to beat it and lost, I would not have even bothered. I just would have been mad at myself. But this loss was not my fault at all. I had no way to stop myself from dying. I died because the game wouldn't let me walk away.

I don't know if other people have noticed the other glitches with the movement in runescape, but they can get quite annoying. Like when you're trying to run away from someone in the wildy and you click to run and instead of just changing direction, your character decides to run backwards a few steps and the run forwards. Thus losing some energy and giving you more time to be attacked. Up until this point however it has only been a slight annoyance and nothing that has caused me to die. But today my annoyance with the Runescape movement reached its peak.

I might be the only person that feels this way, but I think they should work on an update with the moving so it feels less glitchy and your character doesn't often times go the wrong way at first.

EDIT: Just realized I lost my ring of wealth too.... That makes me a lot angrier.. *sigh* it was worth more than the rune legs.. but nooo, they count rune legs as more expensive.. *sigh*

Help me do this please, and you can get a free Wii too!!!

http://gadgets.freebiejeebies.co.uk/7294

When you click a spot, don't click another until your character has run more than halfway.

This helps stop all that loop de loop and other wierd nonsense.

Doesn't eliminate it all the way though.

There have been rants like this on the official forums.

But, I don't think Jagex has figured out a better algorithm for pathfinding.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

EDIT: Just realized I lost my ring of wealth too.... That makes me a lot angrier.. *sigh* it was worth more than the rune legs.. but nooo, they count rune legs as more expensive.. *sigh*

Why would you bring your ring of wealth with you during a quest..?

i didn't mean to bring my ring of wealth.. i just forgot to take it off. i didn't think i would be dying so i didn't think to take off expensive items.. it's not like it was a hard quest or anything

and it wasn't lag either because everything else was still moving normal. i could move the camera and it showed the splash damage without a glitch. it was just the movement

Ring Of Life should always be on your finger when doing a quest.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Clicking certain places on the game at certain times in certain ways will result in you clicking in places that you didn't want to go...when I'm bored (Like really bored) I'll go to the cemetary of shadows there and pick up one plank on the eastern side and while my guy is going to that I'll right click on a tile, then left click on that tile right when my guy picked up the plank. This will literally make your character go about 3 screens west of where you clicked and not even go near the tile you told your character to pick up if you have run on. Similarly there's a spot on the east side of the forgotten cemetary that if you do the same thing it'll take you a few screens east of where you clicked sometimes.

Hey I was bored alright and felt like picking up tiles :P

captain_poet.png

Teleport runes add no weight to your backpack, and Camelot only uses

two inventory spaces. In any quest where you can take damage from anything

it is wise to bring some means of teleportation. And preferably short hand

teleports, since a Ring of Dueling or other teleport jewelry is interrupted when

you take damage. The only jewelry that you could really use would be

and Amulet of Glory, since it brings up the teleport menu much faster than

regular teleport jewelry. Or even bring an ectophial or enchanted lyre, so

safety is just a single click away. I sympathize, but I wont say your death

was unfair.

40onagdca1.png

Oh yeah. That's right.

i understand that it's my fault for taking the items i lost and its my fault for not bringing some way to teleport out. The thing that makes me mad though is that it wasn't due to my lack of skill or lack of being prepared that caused my death. if i had been able to walk away from him and had still died while walking away, i wouldn't blame the game. but when you can't walk away at all, i don't count that as my fault for not bringing teleport runes because i thought i would be able to walk away from the fight

if u click away from a bank, then click talk to banker, u will do a moon walk away from the banker.

sometimes i think the whole walking system is really stupid.

arrow keys were put on a keyboard for a reason:roll:

knucklesrunsmallani9si.giftailsrunsmallani1rp.gifsonicrunsmallani5bw.gif

There's a semi-good way to avoid that...

If you follow a straight line, you will not turn back and then run forward.

For instance, go straight in one direction (keep your mouse in one position on the mini-map and keep clicking as you run towards that location).

You can also do this whilst running diagonally, however, it's slightly more difficult, and requires judgement that only comes from experience and trying it out yourself.

Another option is to have run off and use the control key whenever you need to run for a short bit. However, if you do a ctrl+click and then ctrl+click again, and you didn't make a straight line (as described above), you will still get the lag effect (turning back before going forward).

Hope that helps a little...

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

but you seem to miss the point. I had the skill level to beat it. I have DSL and rarely ever lose internet connection or lag. And I didn't lag AT ALL. everything was moving fine. my character just didn't move when i clicked

and to update, this happened again today while i was in the wildy. i was standing still and I clicked to walk and I didn't move at all. Everything was moving fine though, no lag at all because other monsters were walking around without a glitch, my character just wouldn't move. So this proves that it isn't my internet connection or computer. and walking has nothing to do with my skills at all. therefore, unless you can find something else for me to blame, i am going to continue to blame the faulty movement in the game.

and another update... i discovered ANOTHER bug today while doing barrows (today seems to be a day full of bad luck for me) I was doing barrows and was fighting the last of the brothers in the tunnels and I had prayer on and was doing fine against him. But of course, barrows drains your prayer right. So for a second my prayer turned off cause it reached zero. I quickly used a lobby or two to heal and drank a dose of prayer restore. While this was happening, the brother hit a 20, followed by a 16 on me. I clicked protect from magic and the sign came up above my head.. and a second later it disappeared, followed by a final hit from him doing around 8 more damage and killing me.

idk what it is with my luck today, but things just haven't been working out.. two bugs in one day isn't looking too good. and i usually have no problem with the game. this is the first time i've encountered any problem with major bugs like this.

It is lag...I get it all the time when I lag. (Yes, as in everything else moves just fine yet you're just standing there.)

Yep it happens to me sometimes aswell, im just standing there, everything else is moving perfectly normal but my character just stays there then suddenly jolts(after awhile) the opposite way or back and forth etc.

Pier pressure?

I can just see you being threatened by a wharf or jetty because you're a teleporter. Yes, I can see a large wooden wharf uprooting itself from the shore, walking over to you and slapping you in the back of the head for teleporting.

:lol:

It is lag...I get it all the time when I lag. (Yes, as in everything else moves just fine yet you're just standing there.)

Yep it happens to me sometimes aswell, im just standing there, everything else is moving perfectly normal but my character just stays there then suddenly jolts(after awhile) the opposite way or back and forth etc.

Yup that happens to me aswell. When it happened for the first time I just kept clicking different spots to make me move, but the game remembers every click you make... when I moved again, I went all over my minimap to every spot I had clicked :x

P.S. If you need a replacement ring of wealth, just get me a d stone, I'll make you one. My rsn is pinguin333, I'll be on in about half an hour.

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

hmm thats sad i beat him when i was 70....... so sorry for ya

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

Seems like you lagged... But if you didd'nt then you should have just killed him on your own.

Can't say I feel sorry for you... This has happened to me more than 7 times.

it was lag it can effect very selective things

like when barrowing today i got lag and only the amount of pray i had was lagging. it said i had 11 tried to turn on and no pray left message

Barrows drops to date: ahrim's skirt, hood and top x 5. Dharoks legs top x 2 and helm. Guthan's legs and plate. torags plate x 2. verc's flail skirt brassard x 2. karil's x bow coif and top

1st d drop 03/03/06 d med in barrows

I almost died like that. I was in a fight with a guy a foot away form the wildy. I had two hp leaft. And ran to the edge. It waived like what you said and lucky enough after two hits i got only one damage on me.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-