"Athletic" MP3 players..

blank

I am looking into getting a MP3 player for when I run. I don't know what to get, really.

Something that is affordable but won't dent my bank account too bad but can hold a wealth of songs. Any ideas?

HQ AND SPT BN

BRIG CO.

Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune.

PFC/USMC/060310-Current

Make sure you get a flash based (as opposed to hard disk based) player.

I'm afraid I can't comment on what is good as I've never owned a flash based player.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

I use my Zen Micro (6GB), walking to school, jogging, playing football (not American Football, the real football, where you use your feet exclusively).

I havent had any problems.

~Jimmie.

The Zen Micro is hard disk based, I think, therefore it is much more likely to be damaged by impact.

I shall confirm that it is HD based :)

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

The Sony Walkman NW-E507 is extremely good, although it costs a decent amount, $130-$160~ USD. Its small, shiny(yay for shiny objects) and can hold up to about 700 songs using its format other than MP3 and WMA. http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_NW_E507_Ne ... 03102.html

People complain about not being able to drag and drop to share with friends, but doing so is copyright infringement and nobody wants to break the law. ;-)

The Sony Walkman NW-E507 is extremely good, although it costs a decent amount, $130-$160~ USD. Its small, shiny(yay for shiny objects) and can hold up to about 700 songs using its format other than MP3 and WMA. http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_NW_E507_Ne ... 03102.html

People complain about not being able to drag and drop to share with friends, but doing so is copyright infringement and nobody wants to break the law. ;-)

Thats the exact one that I have, it's awesome. the screen is very bright and the sound quality in excellent :)

i recomend the ipod 1 gig nano or 2 gig nano (about 147-200 )

flash based and a good store/user interface

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

I'd recommend the iPod Shuffle if you're not against them $99-$149 I think
They aint that much... my dad just got one for ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30, thats about $60

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Get one off ebay they are going for about $50 for a gig one

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The problem with the sony walkman is that it is made by sony and that means you need to install some of their software on your machine to use it. Do you trust them? I don't.

The problem with the sony walkman is that it is made by sony and that means you need to install some of their software on your machine to use it. Do you trust them? I don't.
It also means it doesnt rip your cd's as mp3's like itunes does. It copies them with DRM. pfft

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

It also means it doesnt rip your cd's as mp3's like itunes does. It copies them with DRM. pfft

exactly.. and witht here LAST DRM effort... i doubt i will even buy a sony walkman because of fear of DRM.

Also the ipod there are NANO 1 gigs for 147 at walmarts here in tennessee..

they have a screen and do pics and text so :) give it a shot

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

actually mercifull, the ipod shuffle 512mb is $70. But the 1gb is $100, and i simply would not pay that much for an ipod without a screen?

Yeah but when you're jogging and such, you don't wat to look at a screen, you want to get on with it :D And the shuffle is the simplest way to get on with it :P

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

I don't recommend an iPod Shuffle, or an iPod Nano.

They're both too expensive for what you get. The Shuffle is just an ordinary player that doesn't even have a screen. And the Nano scratches far too easily.

I recommend a player from a good brand, like iRiver or Cowon. iRiver has some great quality small players and are still affordable.

Wow...ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30 is actually about $37-38 USD.

Yeah I don't really like the idea of installing software from Sony, but if you don't really care the Walkman NW-e507 is an amazing mp3 player. If you're against Sony than I don't have any other suggestions, sorry.

Wow...ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30 is actually about $37-38 USD.

lol where do you get your exchange rates from? UKÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã 30 = 54.59100 US$

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I have a Sony NW-E407 (1gb) and I find it very easy to use. Unlike the Shuffle you can use it for more than just jogging or athletics. It's really easy to use, fits in your hand with the nifty controls it is very useful for jogging. I have also had no problem using the Sony program "Sonicstage" and that is also as easy to use as the player itself. The 50 hour battery life doesnt hurt either...

I think the only times I haven't had my Sony by my side lately was when I was playing football

(not American Football, the real football, where you use your feet exclusively).
:wink:
Slack_Tide.png

Unlike the Shuffle you can use it for more than just jogging or athletics.

And why can the Shuffle only be used for those two activities? I can assure you that the majority of Shuffle owners won't use them for either of those.

My dad listens to his shuffle on his bike, when in the garage, when reading the paper and plugged into the downstairs sterio. Are you saying that thats not allowed?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

The Zen 6GB is fantastic, i use it and im barely halfway full with the songs in memory, ive also dropped it a few times, so i can assure you, it can handle some abuse, the only thing is, it comes with less than average headphones, so a pair of some sony ones, and you will be on your way to high quality sound.