Napoleon Dynamite : Love it or Hate it?

Antrune

I should see it soon, maybe tonight. It does look a bit alternative just for the sake of it. But hey, we'll soon find out.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i think that the movie is great. it steps out on a limb and rejects the typical comedy formula for something more original, and the effort really pays off.

however, what's not funny is everyone quoting the movie over, and over, anc over, and over, and over, and... you get the picture. now almost every five minutes someone is calling you "Idiot, Gaw!" or bragging about their bowhunting skills. this movie is almost as overquoted as monty python and the holy grail, only without the accents.

i could go on, but right now i have to chat online with hot chicks all day...

P.S. - whenever i first saw this movie i was thinking "this movie is hilarious, but this guy is going to be stuck in the "retarted comedy" genre for the rest of his career." his next project - playing a supporting to david spade playing a supporting role to rob schneider. i doubt things will go uphill from here. too bad, he's a talented guy

P.P.S. - napolean dynamite vs. the black knight - who would win?

I enjoyed the movie...once. If I saw it again I would probably be yawning. However, my friend and his sister have seen the movie 18 times, while others couldn't sit through the first showing.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

[color=indigo]What are you talking about a lot of ppl didnt like it the only ppl that didnt like it were old ppl & ppl that dont have a sense of humor and to me that isn't a lot of ppl I personaly loved it !!!1 :D

Just because they arn't the people that you hang around with doesn't mean they don't exist. Maybe if you look outside of your little world you might see something.

Personally my favourite movie right now. At my school you don't even hear it being quoted so the experience is of a different value to most others here I would think.

deadforumslol.png

Personally my favourite movie right now. At my school you don't even hear it being quoted so the experience is of a different value to most others here I would think.

My favorite movie is Dawn of the Dead.

Sorry for getting off-topic. Good movie. Only one you'd want to see once and that's it. Only watched it because my sister rented it and made me watch it. Thought it was going to be stupid, but it's funny :)

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

Like a lot of other people probably, I loved it first two times I saw it. Next two or three it was pretty funny. Then I went to school, and hated it ever since then.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

• 2 months later...

Ha I love the movie. Even though its stupid and has no plot, thats kinda

what makes it funny. I just hate the part where they go to that dance and

that stupid song plays, It takes forever and they don't do anything at

the dance. Otherwise, I couldn't stop laughing when I first saw it. Funny

parts.....

f71e2181.jpg

BEATCHICKEN.jpg861i3.gif

Before seeing it, everyone at school repeated all of the lines. I haven't even seen the movie and it got annoying. Seeing the preview annoyed the crap outta me. After the popularity of the movie died, I decided to pick it up just to see what the hell everyone was talking about. Well, it actually wasn't bad. Sure, they put about $100 into the movie and it lacked a plot, but it was funny. Although some of it is funny, it had quite a few boring parts. After watching it a few times it just grew on me and I liked it more. It's kind of old now, but it's funny if you only see it once a month. Unlike most kids who have seen it 50 times in one week.

csuser.jpg

funny, but IMO its over rated and people at school saying the lines gets old real fast..

I have to agree with that...

I think it was funny, because it was so stupid... Also my friend always makes us watch it at his birthday parties :wall: also we watch signs, but it was more scary when he had a huge corn field behind his house... :anxious:

Hm, well i hated it to be honest. It was a waste of my life to sit there and watch it i thought, and i only kept watching because i thought it might get better lol. But it didnt, and i was almost crying of boredom by the end.

I couldnt find anything about it funny, it was almost as if someone had just taken a video camera arounda school and followed someone about for a few days.

90 Combat 1900+ Total

99 Crafting 99 Cooking 99 Firemaking

99 Herblore 99 Fletching 98 Farming

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

Hm, well i hated it to be honest. It was a waste of my life to sit there and watch it i thought, and i only kept watching because i thought it might get better lol. But it didnt, and i was almost crying of boredom by the end.

I couldnt find anything about it funny, it was almost as if someone had just taken a video camera arounda school and followed someone about for a few days.

90 Combat 1900+ Total

99 Crafting 99 Cooking 99 Firemaking

99 Herblore 99 Fletching 98 Farming

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

I went and saw it in the theaters and didn't really think it was that great. Then at school people started to talk about it, and I thought I would give it another try. When it came out I bought it and watched it again. That time I really saw the humor in it. Now I love it.

I especially loved that part where Summer had just started handing out those 'vote for summer' buttons, and Napolean asked Don for one. Then he got it he proceeded to chuck it down the hall, then he turned around and ran. :lol:

The big thing in school before it got out was The Ringer.. Was a funny movie really though. Hey guys, When the Fu** did we get icecream? :lol:

srequest2me.jpg

I am an Atheist, and I take pride in it.

• 2 months later...

The only time I liked Napoleon was in Date Movie when he's at the altar and the girl comes up and asks him, "Will you marry me?" And he's like "Hell no I won't marry you!" Gosh! Gosh! Gosh!

The movie was OK, everyone was always copying the movie when it first came out.

rssiggeh1gw7.jpg

We aren't here to facilitate topics on how to get drunk without side-effects.

^^Haha^^