Hmm... just a theory.

bacab

Ok, so i've killed countless Random River Trolls while fishing. But I think I notice a pattern -> The faster/better you kill it, the better the drop[type of fish]. Of course, you could always randomly get fish bait... but if you get a fish it depends on how you killed the troll. BTW i don't use prayer or food.

Ok so just today a troll hit straight 0's on me and it dropped a raw shark. Then another i killed about 10 mins later knocked me down to like 23 hp(you can stand me up at the gates of hell but i won't back down) and it dropped a pike. Another example -> another troll knocked me down to like 60ish hp some number of days ago and I got a raw swordfish.

Any one else ever see any connection between their drops and the amound of damage they do?

edit -> just killed another and it knocked me to 50. Got forty feathers o.O;;;;

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

i dont keep track of my river troll kills, but i have heard many people say the same thing about rock golems. while mining, it is said that if you kill one fast enough, it will drop a rune bar. it sparked a major debate there in the lumbrige swamp coal/mith/addy mine. myself, i dont keep track of that so i havent formed an opinion yet.

tipitlessersigea3.png

i dont keep track of my river troll kills, but i have heard many people say the same thing about rock golems. while mining, it is said that if you kill one fast enough, it will drop a rune bar. it sparked a major debate there in the lumbrige swamp coal/mith/addy mine. myself, i dont keep track of that so i havent formed an opinion yet.

Alrighty, thanks for your input. I do remember once getting rune ore from a Golem. It's still in my bank [lol] even tho it's prolly been months since I got it. So yeah, maybe it could be true then, altho i don't remember how fast I killed that thing.

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

Ok, so i've killed countless Random River Trolls while fishing. But I think I notice a pattern -> The faster/better you kill it, the better the drop[type of fish]. Of course, you could always randomly get fish bait... but if you get a fish it depends on how you killed the troll. BTW i don't use prayer or food.

Ok so just today a troll hit straight 0's on me and it dropped a raw shark. Then another i killed about 10 mins later knocked me down to like 23 hp(you can stand me up at the gates of hell but i won't back down) and it dropped a pike. Another example -> another troll knocked me down to like 60ish hp some number of days ago and I got a raw swordfish.

Any one else ever see any connection between their drops and the amound of damage they do?

edit -> just killed another and it knocked me to 50. Got forty feathers o.O;;;;

I'm sorry, but no, I haven't seen any connection between their drops and the amount of damage they do. Why do I say this? Because I don't have the precious time to waste killing River Trolls.

But, I think (from what you have stated) your theory just might be true. <0hp hit=a nice sharkie... 23hp hit down to=an ok pike...>

:D

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Yes...when I kill the randoms faster, I seem to get better items such as when I kill zombies faster, I get more bones.

In members, I kill them VERY FAST, dds special and whip. And they drop very nice items and I usually I get like 10 bones in members. In members, I got shade robes 3 times but I never got shade robes in free. But this may be due to my Ring of Wealth, so I really don't know

yeah ive had a fair few river trolls and rock golems but never got sharks or runite as im f2p...i have noticed the faster you kill something the better your drop but this could apply to normal monsters as well i once harshed over a lesser (the first one i fought when i entered karambja volcano) and it dropped a rune med...the rest which took a bit longer dropped your normal drops...whether this was just because the first one was pleased to see me or the fact i 5/6 (cant really remember how many times i hit it but it wasnt many) hitted the big red nuisance im not sure but the rune med was a nice suprise nether the less.

weednbkdq9copyhz4.jpg

Empire Mind:Nbk killed your clan.

NATURAL BORN KILLERS

JUST LIKE THAT

I haven't experienced this. I've killed quite a few zombies and the quality of drops doesn't depend on speed of kill.

My best drop (3 drag bones) came on a kill which took about 2 mins (ranging from safe spot with lv32 range against a lv120 zombie).

iratebadger.png

Drop rates are random, a confirmed by jagex. Your theory would have to be tested much more to even be considered a "Theory" in the eyes of most people. And besides, who cares on the drop rates of river trolls? They never drop anything good anyways.

Drop rates are random, a confirmed by jagex. Your theory would have to be tested much more to even be considered a "Theory" in the eyes of most people. And besides, who cares on the drop rates of river trolls? They never drop anything good anyways.

i agree, i think its al totally random

evey time a monster (random or not) respawns it already is "decided" what it wil drop

(my personal opinion)

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

It's very easy to program, but it's not jagex's style, so I'm gonna guess that it's just random.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

im killimng mutch rondoms with 5 - 10 hp lost and im only getting: 5 earth runes, bannanas and herings...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined