What are you listening to right now!?

xenogold

Why don't you guys say a little more about what you're listening to? This thread is useless. If you're not going to be really sharing anything, it's not really worth posting, right? At least include a Youtube link. Don't post just because it kills time...

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Why don't you guys say a little more about what you're listening to? This thread is useless. If you're not going to be really sharing anything, it's not really worth posting, right? At least include a Youtube link. Don't post just because it kills time...

I like this idea.

I'm currently listening to, in my opinion, one of the greatest and most influential albums of all time. It turned 20 today. I guess I never really realized that my birth year was such an amazing turning-point year for music.

Nirvana - Nevermind

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Strands - The Unsupervised. It's an avant-jazz band I saw at the Montreal Jazz Festival. I'm not usually a jazz guy, but it was a lot of fun. That day, I bought a CD for the first time since the Pokémon soundtrack came out. It's not on Youtube, or even available anywhere online, but I've uploaded it to Mediafire. The tags are all wrong though. Strands is the first track, Inches is the second, Kornatta Glaenke is the third, Sandalfoot is fourth, The Ghost of Ratdog is fifth, and the last one is sixth. Get it!

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Jodi - The Dodos

Got into them from a sweet longboarding video by Loaded. Now I have three of their albums, and love them. Their drums are real prevalent in a lot of their music, and they kinda have an older sound to them. Plus, they make for good longboarding music.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmoA5fy_kvQ

The Joke is so funny :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Második Galamb - Venetian Snares

Listening to this album for the first time. It's pretty awesome. It's breakcore in odd timings that samples Romantic and Post-romantic compositions, a little bit of jazz too.

[Edit] I had both the video and Foobar playing this track at different sections and I didn't notice. :P

I will give this writing stuff thing a shot. Hail Mary Mallon - Are You Going to Eat That?

Hail Mary Mallon is a rap group made up of Aesop Rock, Rob Sonic and DJ Big Wiz. The whole album is kinda unfocused, the tracks are generally good, if a bit lacking in substance, I guess. It's nothing serious, just three guys making good music. I hadn't listened to Rob Sonic before this, but I've been meaning to give him a shot, and this has pretty much confirmed it. As awesome as Aesop Rock is his lyrics are dense as [bleep], meaning getting something out of his songs is an effort (lolol pretentious rap snob), and Rob Sonic... I don't know, grounds him, or something. Good stuff, nonetheless.

Now instead of feeling like a lacking poster I feel like a bad reviewer, haha.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Yanni's Dare to Dream album.

Most of my friends make so much fun of me for liking him, but I grew up with him. I listened to this album whenever I had the flu or a cold or when I was going through this weird phase where I threw up everyday for 2 months straight (no exaggeration, I [bleep]ed up my stomach). I honestly feel like I'm running through a European city whenever I listen to it. It might be some good Assassin's Creed music, haha. He was big in my mom's day, which is why I have his albums on my computer.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iuFJ5P9ung

I'm usually not an indie/folk guy, but man, this album never fails to make me feel great. So much polyphony. Now I'm going to listen to General Elektrik's "Good City for Dreamers". Vintage synth aficionado makes some kind of poppy jazz funk hip-hop thing.

Iron & Wine's low-fi stuff is really good, too (The Creek Drank the Cradle).

By far my favorite album. While I respect the increased complexity of his more recent albums, I always go back to this one.

Anyways, I'm working my way through The Decemberists' discography. I've never really listened to them seriously before. I really liked The King is Dead. Now I'm on the Five Songs EP.

Not much to say on them as a whole yet, but that'll come after a few listens.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Murder Me Rachael - The National

I just can't get enough of this dude's voice.

Semi-Off-Topic: A few weeks ago, I realized how much I dislike Macklemore's voice. Just can't stand it. All my friends are really surprised that I'm not going to see him when he comes to Whitworth. Seems like everyone should like him, heh.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Murder Me Rachael - The National

I just can't get enough of this dude's voice.

I think Matt's voice definitely comes into its own on that album. The soothing, deep tone of Cardinal Song and the urgency and uncertainty of Slipping Husband really kick off the album well. The rest of the album follows suit.

[/fanboying]

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy