The Death Penalty

woopidoo2

No, its a waste of a life and a productive member of society to kill them (and plus i belive everyone has the right to live). I think amore fitting punishment should be to make them do alot fo physical labour the rest of their lives, that way they remain productive.

You say that they are a productive member of society. What about the productive members of society that they murdered and raped. What about the lives of the productive members of society that were personally affected by the crime?

I think it's totally warranted, as long as there is irrefutable evidence to thier guilt. On top of that, take away the plushness of prisons and make it a real correctional facility. Make it enough hell that the jailed looks forward to work and correction.

Diddnt say they are a productive memer of society, but that they could potentialy be. Keep them working the rest of their lives (and i dont just mean cleaning the roads, i mean like building homes, working on farms), and i bet that they would wish they hadnt done what they had done.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GhostRanger
No, its a waste of a life and a productive member of society to kill them (and plus i belive everyone has the right to live). I think amore fitting punishment should be to make them do alot fo physical labour the rest of their lives, that way they remain productive.

You say that they are a productive member of society. What about the productive members of society that they murdered and raped. What about the lives of the productive members of society that were personally affected by the crime?

I think it's totally warranted, as long as there is irrefutable evidence to thier guilt. On top of that, take away the plushness of prisons and make it a real correctional facility. Make it enough hell that the jailed looks forward to work and correction.

Diddnt say they are a productive memer of society, but that they could potentialy be. Keep them working the rest of their lives (and i dont just mean cleaning the roads, i mean like building homes, working on farms), and i bet that they would wish they hadnt done what they had done.

You said it's a waste of life AND a productive member of society... you never said they were "potentially" a productive member of society. :roll:

i think the death penalty should only be used when the person is an insane maniac who will be a danger to others

and i will never vote or suggest that the death penalty should be more painful

thats just inhumane

and third i think its worse to rot in a cell for your whole life i would just die like that

those are my opinions :roll:

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Once you're proven guilty of murder, straight to the death chamber. Shot in both legs (for pain) and then after a minute or so, shot in the head.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I think that criminals like saddam hussain (bad spelling :lol: )

should be in an isolated cell for at least 50-60 years

at the time they are 70-80-90 they wont commit sucha crime,

and they can live the rest of his/her life at home.

Every1 is against kiling but the dead penalty is killing 2

puk30kb2dg.gif

Saddam should face a firing squad ... the last dignity of a deposed dictator.

As for the death penalty in general, there are certainly some that deserve it. If the severity and repugnance of their crimes means they must die in jail, then it might as well be sooner rather than later.

Saddam should face a firing squad ... the last dignity of a deposed dictator.

As for the death penalty in general, there are certainly some that deserve it. If the severity and repugnance of their crimes means they must die in jail, then it might as well be sooner rather than later.

yea but he allready told the world he didnt matter what would happen to him...

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

I don't think that the death penalty is nessecerily wrong but I'm still against it. The only people in my mind who deserve it are those sick people who kill in cold blood or kill vunerable people eg. children. Or if they torture someone and kill them, that should carry death even if it was done in anger. But I suppose anyone who committed any of those crimes must have been insane as no normal human could think of those things seriously without being sick.

Even so in the society of today we couldn't kill those people even if we wanted to due to all the legal appeals they must go through. Which is stupidly expensive considering all the court and lawyer fees. It would probally take about 5 years to exhaust all the legal possiblities.(Very rough guess)

I think that once someone has been convicted of murder in the ways described above they should have no chance to appeal and be dead within the week. That is the most humane and cheap way to do it. And I also would never suggest torturing someone before executing them, that is barbaric and sick.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Though I am not versed in the legal proceedings of death penalty cases, I expect that the various appeals which are available are there to ensure that a person is not convicted and killed for a crime that was not committed by them. Killing innocent people is not "humane".

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

I think that criminals like saddam hussain (bad spelling :lol: )

should be in an isolated cell for at least 50-60 years

at the time they are 70-80-90 they wont commit sucha crime,

and they can live the rest of his/her life at home.

Every1 is against kiling but the dead penalty is killing 2

Slobodan Milosovich (yes, I butchered the spelling) was in his later years and committed horrible attrocities. And elderly folks can still commit crimes.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

. And I also would never suggest torturing someone before executing them, that is barbaric and sick.

But what if they tortured someone else? I think:

You take a inocent life=Terrible Pain forever

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

. And I also would never suggest torturing someone before executing them, that is barbaric and sick.

And what if the person being executed is actually innocent?

Tetsuya.png

And what if the person being executed is actually innocent?

And what if an innocent person goes to jail for the rest of his life?

siggy3s.jpg

I say make the Death Penalty more... painful than it is today. The wo/man killed someonemost likely very painfully and they deserve to have the same done to them. The Lethal Injection makes the person fall asleep and it's painless. What I also hate is on the last dinner, for that person, they get to choose anything they want to eat. That's bull... they deserve to eat dung for all I care. "Yes, I'll have the lobster with a side of hamburgers, baked potatoes, S. Cargo, the finest wine you can find..."

"Sorry Sir, you have to eat my horses dung for dinner!"

:roll:

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

And what if an innocent person goes to jail for the rest of his life?

Then they have decades to have their innocence proven and get monetary compensation when it is.

S. Cargo

Hahaha! Methinks you might mean Escargots...

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

No. because they don't die painfully, they just get injected then fall asleep. They deserve to rot in a jail cell for 50 years to think about what they've done.

I dont know how it is in other countries so this is from a US standpoint.

It costs the american taxpayers an estimated $42,500 a year to house a single prisoner , thats more then 75% of the working citizens make in a year.

Just the financial burden in itself is justification for more harsh penalties to be implemented for such crimes.

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

Just the financial burden in itself is justification for more harsh penalties to be implemented for such crimes.

I thought we were talking about people and their lives here?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Guest GhostRanger

I thought we were talking about people and their lives here?

We're talking about the death penalty. Your reasons for supporting and not supporting it might be different than someone elses. You choose to acknowledge the moral side of the issue being about people and their lives. That doesn't make it the only point worth mentioning.

The thing is that a 'money' issue shouldn't be involved when you're dealing over life and death. It's not like you're talking over a different style of cooking where you spend less money on your products. We are talking about the lives of people. There could be enough reasons to support the death penalty, but money shouldn't be one.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

If a person is to be executed in my mind they should be sane as it is wrong to kill someone if they were not fully in control of themselves. And any sane human being would be tortured enough by guilt and fear of the unknown after death if not death itself. To add to their suffering would be wrong. Death is punishment enough for anything. The person should have it done quietly and quickly and painlessly. They should also be allowed a few minutes before to make their peace with both god and themselves. In other words they should be well treated. Hopefully after this they would see their wrongs and be truely sorry. That way they know the execution is fair and that they deserve it rather than going out angry and furious in a state of hate.

Besides you talk of killing someone in a slow painful way am I right? If so who would do this job? Could you look a fellow human being in the eye and put them to a painful death? I'm going to assume not but please correct me if I am wrong. So who would do that job? A sadist probally and I think it's wrong to let people enjoy torturing others even if it were done with the authorities backing.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Guest GhostRanger
The thing is that a 'money' issue shouldn't be involved when you're dealing over life and death. It's not like you're talking over a different style of cooking where you spend less money on your products. We are talking about the lives of people. There could be enough reasons to support the death penalty, but money shouldn't be one.

Why not? If you think they deserve today then the only thing that would really stop you is if it wasn't affordable. You are making the assumption that everyone is debating whether or not it's wrong. If I think that it's perfectly fine to execute criminals who were proven guilty through a long judicial process, the only thing that would stop me was whether or not it was a good use of tax payers money.