any old players still around?

Nightsword

Why can you expect the older players to still be around?

I know i look bad but facts straight, someone commited suicide about a week ago in my city over this, "durial" incident. ..I came to check it out, ha.

BUUUt, ladykilljoy? from what i remember, rj(stingerx12) broke up with her because she became addicted to this game - really bad.

that dude introduced her to the game, new stayed around level 50-60 since i made him mainly to just pk.

why nobody remembers him is disturbing, juuust on the fact that i wasted 2 years dedication to the game.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would still be around, if there was something to be around for,

everyone wanted rs2 at the time because it was suposed to be graphics update, then they decided to change the 3d game engine, and thats where they went wrong, why the hell did they have to change the combat system, seriously you get noobs with no skills who waste all your food then tp, or noobs who group 20+ and spam enable, where is the honour?

rsc had respect, wich keept many playing, once it all left, who can be bothered staying around?

i was around like one day before they took away wich type of character you could have, eg archer, miner.. does anyone know the date of when that was??? i've always been curious :P

bah, rsc left me with alot of good memories, as i bet it did alot of other people

anyone remember lordofrunes or ur dog??

I have bad memory an those were about the only 2 names I could come up with lol. Also xxcavalierxx. But yeah, those were probably the best days of RS.

cav used to be my hero. one of the first power cookers and an all around nice person

shorty2av.gif

Shorty427-96 CB merchanter/skiller banned 6/27/04

The Jakal-109 CB 99 Range/Magic/Fletching, 80 runecrafting.

Kirby1288-101 CB skiller 99 fletching.

Ah Rsc, good times. I played under Kingfisherxs at the time, Didnt listen to the security and typed my pass and stuff on another website and got hacked :oops:

I was lvl56 or so at the time, about to start d slayer, and then... members only :cry:

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Maryfrancis3 and I(davidfrancis) started when there was only 5 worlds, so around 98'.

You probably don't believe me, but I can get proof.

Only cool people I remember from RSC are Bigbloke, Maxiipad, Vampiris, eT 1d3r, Rickster2003, Lady Dana and some more I know I forgot.

Maryfrancis3 and I(davidfrancis) started when there was only 5 worlds, so around 98'.

Only cool people I remember from RSC are Bigbloke, Maxiipad, Vampiris, eT 1d3r, Rickster2003, Lady Dana and some more I know I forgot.

98 ? :lol:

Thats cool because RSC public release was in early 01.

98 ? :lol:

Thats cool because RSC public release was in early 01.

Thats cool because I did beta from almost the start.

That's cool, beta started late 1999. Ask "Lightning" if you don't believe me, she was there from the very beginning.

:-w

signature4s.jpg

Wasn't I R Good the dude that made a ton of funny fake pictures?

haha sure was

shorty2av.gif

That's cool, beta started late 1999. Ask "Lightning" if you don't believe me, she was there from the very beginning.

Thats right, because Lightning was a creater of Runescape, wasn't he. Shut up.

for one thing, there were a small ammount of beta testers, and from interviews, the actual beta testers that played regularly was about 10-20 people and if you WERE a beta tester you wouldnt call lighting "he" because anyone that knows anything about her is that she is a girl. she was the most prominent beta tester and one of the people to really contribute to the major bugs and the progression of this game. she helped raise this website up to what it is today with silveron and knows many mods in the game

so the next time you try and pass off something that isnt true, try and learn how to lie better

shorty2av.gif

^^^^^^^

Now shut your face.

First of all, Lightning is a SHE, and it would suprise me if she was a creator of RuneScape. She was a betÃÆÃâÃâà tester for sure, but creator...

signature4s.jpg

First of all, Lightning is a SHE, and it would suprise me if she was a creator of RuneScape. She was a betÃÆÃâÃâà tester for sure, but creator...

Ugh... WHY, and I repeat, WHY do so many of you people always try and suggest this game launched before 2001?

RuneScape launched as an public BETA on January 4th, 2001. For awhile, it was commonly believed to be January 10th, but Andrew himself confirmed it was on the 4th via IRC back then.

Although still very playable, it was technically classified as a BETA til the launch of members on February 27th, 2002. No characters were wiped, all stats and items were carried over

RuneScape 2, albeit in development for a long time, didn't launch into BETA form til Dec 1st, 2003. RuneScape 2 went from an BETA, to the main game (finished with beta testing) on March 29th, 2004. No, nothing done during the BETA effected your main account, as RS1 was still the main game at the time, and still open to the masses.

On August 3rd, 2005. Runescape Classic went members only. On January 12th, 2006, nearly 5000 accounts on Classic got wiped, and signups were disabled.

Many users also like to commonly throw about this rumor that they used to play DeviousMUD, which is an name used on one of the earliest developmental versions of what would become RuneScape. Andrew had found some an document and 2-3 developmental pictures on his harddrive around August 2001, and decided to share them with the masses by publishing them on the official site to show people what the game had looked like in its earliest days, and what it had evolved into. Nowadays, its commonly thrown about by a bunch of wannabe "old schoolers" in attempt to show off and claim they've been playing longer than they actually have, when they are in fact lying thru their teeth.

Tip.it launched about 2 weeks after RuneScape did, on January 18th 2001, making it the first fansite ever for RuneScape.

As for your comment about Lightning backing up your claims, I know good and well she wouldn't as its simply not truthful. I've been on IRC, where she commonly resides, since mid 2001 and been playing myself since late March 2001. Want proof though? See this link: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=375 ... 30#2570992

For proof of the DeviousMUD bit, see Silverion's post entitled "DeviousMUD by ANDREW!!!" here: http://www.tip.it/cgi-bin/np/viewnews.cgi?newsall

For more proof on the date that RuneScape launched, see the above mentioned bit about DeviousMUD where he quotes the piece Andrew posted. Also see the wayback machine link, and read the December 05th 2000 link that describes RuneScape as "Coming Soon", and he January 12th, 2001 one that states it launched. You may find it here: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.jagex.com

For the piece about RSC going members only, then disabling signups, click here: http://news.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/r ... .ws?id=531

For proof of Tip.it's launch date, see the archived version on the wayback machine and click old news. The link is here: http://web.archive.org/web/200102150232 ... runescape/

For more information in general about RuneScape, click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuneScape

^^^^^^^

Now shut your face.

Go eat a bullet. Gaf.

I don't give a [cabbage] if Lightning is a she or he, the piont is she wasn't a creater. And I am not going to read that essay post above me. I got my facts straight.

^^^^^^^

Now shut your face.

Go eat a bullet. Gaf.

You first :D.

• 4 weeks later...

I been playing since 2002, i have a scythe and i had alot of rares but not anymore i still think i have one on runescape 1 which i cant log on to my guy! :cry: :cry:

I'm the juggernaut! Don't even start to mess with me!

• 2 weeks later...

Ista here, if anyone remembers me. My stats sucked though I created my account something like five years ago.

By the by, does anyone know what happened to Militant?

• 4 weeks later...

I remember some of those people. I started in January 2002. Do I count as an old player?

PS :: My username was hyper puss, but I doubt anyone here would know me...

*Raises Hand*

I'm from the olden days. Now, granted I didn't help pave the way for any skills. I wasn't an uber leet famous pker. But still... I did joined way back when Runescape was young.

December 2001 in fact *points to siggy* \' . You wouldn't think of it looking at my combat and skills though. Perhaps it is because I've mostly merchanted my entire RS life :-k . Up until I quit anyways.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

^^^^^^^

Now shut your face.

Go eat a bullet. Gaf.

You first :D.

I don't give a biscuit what you think either :)

I think theres a big mix up going on here about ALPHA AND BETA started and the meaning of what they mean. Since i am fed up here about the argurments on when ALPHA AND BETA started and some wont take my word for it. Iwill email Andrew myself tonight and get a officail anwser from him. I am sure he would love to answer this one very much :D

When i get the answer from him and I 'm 100 percent sure that he will say the same as me, i will post it on site here.. AND in future if this darn argurment comes up, then i will just post his answer and lock these stupid arguring posts!