any old players still around?

Nightsword

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh, miss all my 50s-60s-70s teamates throughout the years

havent logged on S4ndm4n very often since rs2, only several times to take trips around good ol' rsc

S4ndm4n... I remember you... I killed you once (don't have the pic anymore lost it with my old comp).. but I was also like 12 lvls higher than you :P

• 3 weeks later...
Why can you expect the older players to still be around?

I know i look bad but facts straight, someone commited suicide about a week ago in my city over this, "durial" incident. ..I came to check it out, ha.

BUUUt, ladykilljoy? from what i remember, rj(stingerx12) broke up with her because she became addicted to this game - really bad.

that dude introduced her to the game, new stayed around level 50-60 since i made him mainly to just pk.

why nobody remembers him is disturbing, juuust on the fact that i wasted 2 years dedication to the game.

I remember stinger, he had good ranged.

He was also one of the more old school archers, I remember seeing him on "Server Status" often. (Back when I was trying to get there myself.)

it suprises me no1 posted anything about good ol' Blick here i remember she was plate pure with sick 99 ranged she owned rsc then we teamed. does anyone know what happened to her?? :?:

I have been playing so long I knew Blick when he was a man.

Hah. I knew him back in 2001. I quit and came back in 2003, and was like "Who the hell are you?". She was his sister.

Some of my other ranged buddies I remember:

- Kobiianardo, the highest ranged for a long time.

In summer of 2001, I saw him hit a 13 and was like "[what the heck]". I'd never seen him before, because he'd always trained on chickens and rats (I can't stand that method), and I was always in BK castle or Kharid warriors. He was a nice guy, just leaving the chickens to take a break on BKs. He quit in the fall to concentrate on school, and his level 88 ranged wasn't touched until Feb/Mar(?) of the next year.

- Kxb, the guy who finally passed Kobii

This guy was crazy. He shot up like a rocket, and from late December 2001 to March or so 2002, everybody in the ranged hiscore list took a (-1) to their name.

A lot of people accused him of botting ranged, which wasn't true. You can macro chickens/rats, I suppose, and possibly Jail (not sure if programs of the time could have). But you can't macro BKs or Lava Maze in wildy, which is where he leveled. Plus he always responded when I talked to him.

He did bot fighting, though, which is how he got banned.

From what he said, he wanted to quit the game before summer, so he botted fighting in an obvious location to give himself the boot. I called him crazy, but what do you know, I quit myself that summer.

- GregE6

I can't remember if it was him or somebody else who killed an idiot in wildy who had thousands and thousands of high level arrows (steel, mith, addy, +). Apparently the shady kid had links to some dupers, but anyway, good thing somebody killed him.

He told me he'd trade me the arrows (to get 99 ranged) for 10k nature runes. So I camped the thieving chest for days to get them.

However, I decided to quit the game and just gave the runes away.

Also IIRC, GregE was the first player to have a sex change (before the makeover guy even existed).

Also, in the earlier days of runescape, when his forum name on the original tip.it boards was "Cali Sun" (even though he's from NYC), he had a pic of Tsunami from Tenchi Muyo as his sig, so everybody thought he was a girl to begin with.

Eh, I'll end this here before it to be too big a list.

You have weird info, gregechidna got sex change even way after me... first was Mooncricket in begin of 2001, also even that you don't deny it, kobiianardo macroed on those cool guy or not :P and kxb is unbanned

I tried playing RSC with my RSC created characters when I got membership on all of them. Apparently Jagex doesn't remember or deleted my files from RSC. Sad :cry:

Je suis chercher pour les gens qui parlent fran̮̤̉̉ais. Vous parlez fran̮̤̉̉ais?

Sig created by me. Back then when mauls actually worked.

mustbepuresigqk1.png

must%20be%20pure.gif

I miss the old days.

When you could fight in the cities. Two noob pkers got me in a house once... I killed one, raided his stuff as the other fled. He messaged me all upset over it. :)

I wore that new wood shield with pride :)

Jagged [bleep]e

• 3 months later...
2001 / 2002, wasnt "archer dogi" or something also top3 ranged or so? remember seeing him in karamja shooting lessers. Hated him cuz he always killed my lessers lol.

I have no recollection of an archer dogi. But damn, that does remind me of somebody else who had "dog" in their name, I just can't remember who it was.

Might have been a fighter, not a ranger. But I do fuzzily remember a "dog" ranger. Heh, maybe it was archer dogi, I didn't know everybody.

But yeah, lots of people ranged lessers in Karamja.

I know I did, it was great fun.

The very first day in July you could get rune meds from them, people were swarming around to fight them. And kill stealing was rampant. The mods actually did something about it... they would actually teleport you out of the demon area, or even strip runes/arrows out of your inventory if you were kill stealing.

I always hated the idea of them doing that. You saw a lot more of the mods back then. (Actually, I think it was only Rab back then.)

Fightin Dog. He was actually 2nd for the longest time but there was a huge gap between him and Kobii. I remember Fightin Dog in particular because he actually pks - I had an encounter with him and was quite surpised that I was close to dying at every round with him and his meleer partner (a famous pure whose name I can't recall atm). I was pure at the time (40-50s, IIRC) as well so I wasn't used to losing. When I had run back to Edge, Sue Me was like "you know, that guy is the second best ranger in RS!" I was quite impressed. ;)

Are you Kdog? Hey whatever happened to Soul Steal and is his account still active/not banned?

P.S. I bumped this up m the second page. Sorry, but I think not many post here anyway so I hope it's alright.

just to clear up some things about kobiianardo. he didnt macro. but the players who got hold of his char did.

after roughly a year of inactivity and being 88 ranged, kobii "all of a sudden" started playing rs again. and i myself, in a rather peculiar way, was given his password as well. not saying ive ever been on it, but i know for a fact that kobii was shared by roughly 8-9 players, all who used the char for pking.

u can compare his tale to that of l6vi, who was later seen in the wildy up at iceys with nothing but party hats equipped.

just to clear up some things about kobiianardo. he didnt macro. but the players who got hold of his char did.

after roughly a year of inactivity and being 88 ranged, kobii "all of a sudden" started playing rs again. and i myself, in a rather peculiar way, was given his password as well. not saying ive ever been on it, but i know for a fact that kobii was shared by roughly 8-9 players, all who used the char for pking.

u can compare his tale to that of l6vi, who was later seen in the wildy up at iceys with nothing but party hats equipped.

Him , l6vi , and laserline always give their chars away , pop back in once in a while and give em away again.

I know l6vi and laserline characters are both active on rs2 , not sure who is the one actually on them these days , but both die at mb alot for barrow sets.

Meeturpker

99 hp before you

• 2 months later...

I lurk the forums if anyone cares

February will mark my 6th year on Runescape.

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Him , l6vi , and laserline always give their chars away , pop back in once in a while and give em away again.

I know l6vi and laserline characters are both active on rs2 , not sure who is the one actually on them these days , but both die at mb alot for barrow sets.

hehe lol at least l6vi doesnt die with party hats on anymore